M4's Ride

m4lu6
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by m4lu6 »

$16 part came. Nice shiny new footpeg. Replaced. Bikey and I are still getting along, quite well.

I'm up to about 1,200 miles, and about to tighten up the chain just a cinch tonight. Fancy-schmancy new torque wrench for christmas.

Got a bunch of goodies for x-mas, mostly related to bikey. Some kind of liquid shiney-do-goop, or whatever it's called. I haven't opened it, and I'm not sure if I'll use it. Old fashioned water, Mother's Back-to-black protectant/cleaner on some of the plastic, and a little t-wax on the tankie works for me. I don't know about these new-fangled petrochemicals. Don't trust 'em, I say.

Bike is feeling a little "Squishy", which is ... a bit unnerving. It rides fine, just ... well, it feels like she's loosening up a little bit. Tire pressure's fine; I've checked some of the torque on some bolts... also fine. Hmph. I might just be "getting in tune" with my girl. Dunno.

Working some extra hours to bill clients so I can rid myself of these horrible blinkies and tag hanger. Not a priority, but my girl's sexy boo-tay isn't as sexy with a big chunk of plastic hanging from it.

70 degrees tonight. Off for a ride. Cheers.

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#22 Unread post by BuzZz »

m4lu6 wrote:
Bike is feeling a little "Squishy", which is ... a bit unnerving. It rides fine, just ... well, it feels like she's loosening up a little bit. Tire pressure's fine; I've checked some of the torque on some bolts... also fine. Hmph. I might just be "getting in tune" with my girl. Dunno.
Probably just the stock springs starting to sag from use. That and the stock suspension bushings loosing up a bit. Crank a bit more pre-load into the spring and see how it feels.

If you can identify the 'squishy' stroke as either compression or rebound, you might want to dail in a bit more damping on that stroke as well.

Whatever you do, do only one change at a time and then test ride it. Making 3-4 changes at once can mess your suspension up in a hurry, and then you don't know what change screwed it up.
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

m4lu6
Veteran
Veteran

#23 Unread post by m4lu6 »

quick post to prove I'm still alive...

what I've grown to love about motorcycling, let me count the ways...

1) The ritual of suiting up. Jacket. Gloves. my 12-year old beat-to-hell & back boots, Courtesy of US Army. Helmet. Takes a few minutes to get everything on; it's like meditation.

2) riding to work/office, passing airport's west runway and having a 767 fly over me at 50 feet. Cool.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Return from the Deep Freeze

#24 Unread post by blues2cruise »

m4lu6 wrote:Well, I got a nice dose of 12F. I really feel bad for you peeps in the Northern Climes. If I lived in Montana, or Canada, or anyplace that got below 50F for any length of time, I think I'd go stir crazy.
You'd just have to invest in some heated gloves and a down filled jacket for under your riding gear. :wink:

m4lu6
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Return from the Deep Freeze

#25 Unread post by m4lu6 »

blues2cruise wrote:
m4lu6 wrote:Well, I got a nice dose of 12F. I really feel bad for you peeps in the Northern Climes. If I lived in Montana, or Canada, or anyplace that got below 50F for any length of time, I think I'd go stir crazy.
You'd just have to invest in some heated gloves and a down filled jacket for under your riding gear. :wink:
Wha, me? nah. I live in Florida. I was only *visiting* 12F weather ;) I just got back from a 4 hour ride to nowhere. Weather's been in the high 70s today. Mmmm.

m4lu6
Veteran
Veteran

Long Time, No Post

#26 Unread post by m4lu6 »

To summarize, Bikey still runs, and I've got all my limbs.

It's been nothing but fun fun fun for the last 2 months.

The bike was picked up on December 1, 2005, and as of right now, Feb 10 2006, she has 3433 miles on her.

I need to know something from this community:
TIRES!

I believe I'm at the arse-end of these tires, and am looking for suggestions on which tires I might like the best.

I want gripping power. I want reasonably long-life (4k miles?)

Price is no concern.

m4lu6
Veteran
Veteran

Tires

#27 Unread post by m4lu6 »

I ended up with Pilot Powers. Had 'em put on about ... oh, a month ago. These tires just want to turrrrrrn.

m4lu6
Veteran
Veteran

Bout of Depression

#28 Unread post by m4lu6 »

<whine>

It could be depression, or it coul d be the paint fumes I've been inhaling for the last 3 hours, but DAMN, I just feel lousy.

My Jeepie's in the shop getting fixed after I was rear-ended, and my bikey's in the shop getting 3rd radiator put in. I'm left to locomote in a rent-a-wreck, some P.O.S. Chrysler Sebring. This thing has about as much power as a weed whacker. BLEH.

Over the past few months I haven't bothered coming by TMW forums at all. I've either been too busy finding a job (3 jobs in 3 months), and preparing for a baby (about 2 weeks, now) amongst other things.

So, I tried browsing through the forums for a few minutes, to let the concentration of paint fumes go down a bit. I read a few posts about this bike, and that bike, this tactic, that tactic, "How can I come to a full-stop" kind of posts in the n00bs forum. I got a little misty thinking just about a year ago I was gearing up for my MSF class. I saw myself in quite a few of the squiddy posts. Then it hit me.

*WHAM*

I haven't been on my bike in over a month. Geh. GHAHR. {shudder}

Since December, when I picked up my R6, I haven ridden if not every day, at least every other day. No week went by without a ride.

Up and down the beach, across the state and back for BBQ. Why? Because it's there.

But to be denied a ride for a month? Good grief. To go without a ride for this long, a person had better be dispatched to Iraq for a tour, or toes-up in a morgue due to lack of ambition in life. GAHHHHA I need to get mobile.

Maybe I'll go and buy another bike tomorrow. It seems as if I'll never see my R6 again.

</whine>