2012 Honda motorcycles held up due to radioactive residue?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Honda motorcycles held up due to radioactive residue?

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

From Dana via e-Mail to me:

Mike,

We've been communicating regarding the color selection of the 2012 Fury yet to be released by Honda. I was up in Whittier, CA a few days ago looking at a 2010 Gloss Black used Fury that was traded in. While there I asked about the colors for 2012. I was told there are delays due to radioactive residue on vehicles built in Japan due to the nuke disaster caused by the Tsunami. The Feds checked and refused entry on several crated units. If this is true, it might be an interesting story worth researching and publishing.

Dana
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: 2012 Honda motorcycles held up due to radioactive residu

#2 Unread post by HYPERR »

Sounds like BS to me as there are plenty of products coming from Japan including motorcycles, cars, AND cars from HONDA. I know this for a fact as I work in the industry.

There has been tremendous delay due to the earthquake and tsunami, that is a fact. Has nothing to do with radiation.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2012 Honda motorcycles held up due to radioactive residu

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I heard on TV (CNBC) that Toyota delayed a shipment of cars to the USA due to the higher than normal background radiation found in them, but this is news to me for motorcycles.

It most likely is just the uncertain economy affecting the release of 2012 models.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.