Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Mini Peach Tarts
Simple Delights

Ingredients:
1 Package frozen puff pastry
1 Package frozen peaches (defrost before using)
Cinnamon
Granulated Sugar
4" Round cutter, you can also use an upside down bowl and knife
Cookie sheet
Pam spray

Process:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Spray you cookie sheet with Pam or other cooking spray

Mix 2 parts sugar one part cinnamon and set aside (you might have to adjust the sugar depending on how sweet the fruit is)

Let the puff pastry partialy defrost, i'll be easier to work with.
Unfold one of the pastry sheets and cut 4 circles, using the round cutter or unside down bowl with a knife, from one sheet.
Place the circles on the baking sheet. They dont have to be spaced, they won't spread at all.
Sprinkle the top of the circles with some of the cinnamon sugar mixture. be careful not to get too much sugar on the pan it will burn in the oven.
Place some peach slices on the circles and leave a small border on the sides.
Sprinkle the peaches again with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Place in oven for about 10-15 minutes or just until the edges start to brown and rise.

Remove from the oven once done and eat while hot. You can serve them just as is or with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream...

Servings: 4 per pastry sheet.
Last edited by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#22 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

***Edited by myself, to remove a section that was a bit uncalled for***

BTW Sweet tooth, if I ever get around to visiting the States, can I pop by for tea and cakes? :mrgreen: You sound like a great pastry chef :thumbsup:
Last edited by Nibblet99 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Nibblet99 wrote:BTW Sweet tooth, if I ever get around to visiting the States, can I pop by for tea and cakes? :mrgreen: You sound like a great pastry chef :thumbsup:
Anytime...!
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

redfeather630
Veteran
Veteran

#24 Unread post by redfeather630 »

ok,....heres an easy recipe i make when i get lazy like today...lol

i call it hobo pie, cause its half way between hobo stew, an shepards pie?

HOBO PIE

1 large can of mixed veggies(like veg-all) drained
1 can sweet corn drained
1-2lb hamburger
1 can cream of mushroom soup(made with half can 2% milk)
1 32oz. bag of frozen tater tots
1 8oz. bag of shredded cheese(i use colby jack)
1 good cassorole dish!! mines about 10inches by 18-22inches by 2-3in hi

it is alot of food, so you'll probably have left overs if you dont fix this for a potluck!!

fry the hamburger up, drain the grease off of it. preheat the oven to 375* F. prepare the soup in a bowl, put the hamburger in the cassorole dish as the bottom layer, you might not need all of it depending on the size of the dish your using. Make the second layer out of the veg-all. Second the can of corn on top that, then carefully pour the soup on, making to sure to make it even spread. layer the tater tots on evenly. put in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. take out of oven an put the 8oz. cheese on and put back in oven for 5minutes. remove an let set to cool. enjoy!!

servings depend on how healthy of eaters you have!!
usually makes about 12-15servings at our house, we have light an heavy eaters here!!

love the recipe forum, nice!!

now all you need is a personals page!! j/k
There is no such thing as luck nor coincedences, it is meant to happen, or you make it happen,....if not it never will be....
[img]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/RedfeatherHawk/802383815_m.jpg[/img]

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

redfeather630 wrote:love the recipe forum, nice!!
now all you need is a personals page!! j/k
You are most welcome for the recipe forum (to be later called the Total Motorcycle Bikers Cookbook). :mrgreen:

I'm glad you shared one of your recipes, I'm sure many will try it out. :D

...hummm, a personals page... maybe another day in the future. haha.

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#26 Unread post by dr_bar »

totalmotorcycle wrote: ...hummm, a personals page... maybe another day in the future. haha.
What's the matter Mike? Afraid the "Significant Other" may think there's an ulterior motive if you set up a personals page??? :laughing: :mrgreen:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

redfeather630
Veteran
Veteran

#27 Unread post by redfeather630 »

i didnt mean to get any one in trouble :scared: just every other site has one that has a cook book! j/k :laughing:

you know yahoo, an the whole gidd-up! you can have it like they do too, an ppl cant have a full member ship til they pay up!! im sure she wont mind the income! :laughing:
There is no such thing as luck nor coincedences, it is meant to happen, or you make it happen,....if not it never will be....
[img]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/RedfeatherHawk/802383815_m.jpg[/img]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Because everyone should know how to cook ribs

#28 Unread post by Shorts »

TITLE: Pork Baby Back Ribs

Feeds 2-3

INGREDIENTS:

Rack of pork babyback ribs
Salt
Pepper
Mesquite sprinkle (for propane grill)
Spicy Honey BBQ Sauce

PREPARATION:

Remove ribs from package and sprinkle with salt, pepper and mesquite sprinkle.

Turn grill on high, brush the grill to clean when its hot.

Instructions:

Takes about 45min-1hr to cook.

With grill on high, place ribs on grill to sear. Only a minute or two minutes each side. Lower temp to lowest setting and move ribs to middle rack on grill. Check and turn ribs every 8-12min. Be sure they are not burning. They key to good ribs is slow cookin'. As 40min mark approaches, cut a rib to see if there's any pink remaining. When you anticipate only a few minutes left on the grill (meat is white and "you'd eat it"), brush the ribs with honey bbq sauce. Let the sauce heat, but do not burn it.

Remove ribs from grill and cut them up to desired amount.

Takes a time or two to get 'the touch' down, but once you do, look out! mmm mmm good

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Breakfast Tacos (home or camping)

#29 Unread post by Shorts »

TITLE: Taquitos

Makes 2 tacos

Ingredients:

eggs (2 eggs for 2-3 tacos)
potatoes (can also use sausage/chorizo, bacon, ham, frozen hashbrowns or tots work great)
green peppers (opt)
onions(opt)
flour torillas
salt
pepper

Prep:
Dice raw potatoes. Heat up the skillet on low-med heat (can use a nonstick spray, I usually use nothing).

Instructions:
Toss in potatoes and sautee until cooked (toss in veggies and meat as well). Once cooked to desired level, toss in eggs (crack them first, no shells!). Also salt and pepper. Scramble everything until the eggs are the consistency of your preference. Take pan off fire. Grab tortillas and warm over open flame (works best on gas stove or flat cast iron). Turn frequently or they burn. Watch your fingers.

Once tortillas are ready, take the scrambled eggs and potatoes and toss them in. Wrap it up and enjoy.

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#30 Unread post by CNF2002 »

I vote for the Motorcycle cookbook to only include items that can be found, cooked, and eaten while on a bike tour on the road...either in hunting, gathering, or scavenging capacity.

Exceptions being items that mimic said foods...like the armadillo cake

which of course could serve both as road-side special and elegant wedding centerpiece.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]