How many drops/crashes while learning?

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by jmillheiser »

I got into my MSF course on a cancellation. I would have had to take it at the end of october but there was a cancellation in sept and I was the first to jump on it.

MSF in wyoming is cheap at $15 (no bike rental here, they provide the bikes).

The courses here also fill up fast.

Now cant wait for the weather to improve a bit so I can ride my bike that I just got (a honda CX500)

frothyflavors12
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: dOvOb Motorcycle 1000 RR Model Building

Re: How many drops/crashes while learning?

#42 Unread post by frothyflavors12 »

The number of drops or crashes while learning to ride a motorcycle can vary greatly depending on several factors, including individual skill, experience, practice, and the learning environment. Some beginners may experience a few drops or minor crashes during their learning phase, while others may have a smoother learning experience with minimal incidents. It's important to prioritize safety, wear proper protective gear, and gradually build up your skills and confidence over time.

When it comes to what to do with a motorcycle helmet when parked the general recommendation is to secure it to your motorcycle or take it with you to prevent theft or damage. Many motorcycles have a helmet lock or a designated area under the seat where you can securely attach your helmet. If your motorcycle doesn't have a helmet lock, you can consider using a portable helmet lock or taking your helmet with you when you leave the bike. It's crucial to protect your helmet from theft and ensure it remains in good condition for safe use.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#43 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, a 18 year zombie thread resurrection?

This thread is as old it's reached the age of adulthood in the USA and can even vote in Canada!!!

How many other motorcycle forums can ever have such a thing than TMW?!? LOL.

:happybirthday: :climb:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#44 Unread post by pchast »

LOL!
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L