Steadfastly
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing

Older Rider Coming Back After 40+ Years

#1 Unread post by Steadfastly »

I've been toying with getting another bike and almost pulled the plug last year but didn't quite make it, so now it's this year. I haven't picked up a new bike but pretty set that it's going to be a Honda Goldwing. I was thinking about the VTX1300 but figured I've always wanted a Goldwing and there are lots of good used ones in my area so actively looking for one with low mileage.

I live in southern Ontario, close to Niagara Falls and often slip over the border to pick up a few things here and there. I also play a little guitar (mostly acoustic but have a semi-hollow electric as well) for you guys and gals that know about guitars. I am 69 next month and in decent health and hope it continues for a long, long time.

Any suggestions from you members would be greatly appreciated.

nsend87
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: passion

Re: Older Rider Coming Back After 40+ Years

#2 Unread post by nsend87 »

It's great to hear that you're considering getting another bike and have your sights set on a Honda Goldwing. As for suggestions, here are a few things you may want to keep in mind:
1. Take your time and do your research: It's important to take your time when shopping for a bike and do your research to ensure that you find the right one for you. Take a look at the different models available, read reviews, and consider factors like price, performance, and features.
2. Consider your needs: Think about what you'll be using the bike for and make sure that the Goldwing fits your needs. If you're planning on using it for long trips or traveling with a passenger, the Goldwing's comfort and storage capacity might be a good fit for you.
3. Test drive before you buy: It's important to test drive any bike before you buy it, to make sure that it feels comfortable and suits your riding style. Make sure to test drive the Goldwing before making a final decision.
4. Check out used bikes: If you're interested in getting a used Goldwing, make sure to inspect it carefully and take it for a test drive. Consider factors like the bike's mileage, condition, and maintenance history.
5. Stay safe: Finally, make sure to prioritize safety when riding your bike. Wear protective gear, follow traffic laws, and take a motorcycle safety course if you're not already an experienced rider.

As for your guitar playing, that's great! Music can be a great way to relax and unwind after a ride. Best of luck with your search for a new bike!

Best Regard,
Nsend

Annaroy
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 24
My Motorcycle: yr

#3 Unread post by Annaroy »

It's great to see you coming back to riding after 40+ years and pursuing your passion for motorcycles. The Honda Goldwing is a fantastic choice, and finding a used one with low mileage sounds like a smart decision. As a musician, you can also enjoy the journey to your gigs on your bike. I wish you all the best for your future rides and continued good health.

Steadfastly
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing

#4 Unread post by Steadfastly »

Thanks for the points in your post. I have always wanted a Goldwing and have done lots of research over the years, even when I was only dreaming and not riding. I found a nice one with only 102,000kms on it with a matching Aspencade trailer for $8000.00 asking price. It's immaculate. Looking at the guy's property in the picture, you know he is the kind of person that looks after things. He lives close to where we are moving to this weekend and I think I will pick it up on Sunday when he gets back from Florida.

Annaroy
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by Annaroy »

Welcome to the community.

Annaroy
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by Annaroy »

Post Deleted (it was spam)

RonaldJoshua
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Yamaha Comarado

#7 Unread post by RonaldJoshua »

This is really informative. Thanks for the post buddy

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#8 Unread post by pchast »

Welcome!
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

Blowjob54
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100

#9 Unread post by Blowjob54 »

Welcome back to the road fellow Old Timer!
Blowjob54

rebvyas
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 21
My Motorcycle: btfa

#10 Unread post by rebvyas »

This is really informative