Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police - Coolness Factor = 59.5%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Police.htm

2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

The "Total Black" Look...

Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police is available in the aggressive matt Nero Carbonio colour scheme and is characterised by the black saddle with light blue stitching, as well as plenty of chromium trim, such as the headlight and instrument cluster frame, the "tie" on the front shield and the mirrors with light blue glass. The "total black" look of this special Beverly version is highlighted by the plentiful black trim, such as the final drive casing, the handlebar ends, the luggage rack, the diamond edge wheel rims and the central tunnel.

EURO 4 ENGINES - ABS AND ASR STANDARD EQUIPMENT ON ALL MODELS

THE PIAGGIO BEVERLY RANGE, LEADER IN THE HIGH WHEEL SCOOTER SEGMENT, HAS EURO 4 ENGINES, A MORE COMPLETE EQUIPMENT PACKAGE, LIVERIES WITH DEDICATED TRIMMING AND A SPORTY AND AGGRESSIVE PACKAGE: BEVERLY BY POLICE

Launched in 2001, Piaggio Beverly revolutionised the medium engine capacity scooter market, introducing a new type of vehicle with an attractive design, brilliant performance and extremely safe, not only because of the large diameter wheels, but also thanks to the motorcycle-style chassis. Beverly's commercial success has always been accompanied by constant updates that have kept it at the top of its sales segment and the desires of the most advanced metropolitan users. The latest is the arrival of the SportTouring top of the range version that introduced, for the first time on a scooter, the ABS/ASR safety system duo and an innovative 350 engine with record setting performance.

With Beverly, Piaggio completes its high wheel scooter offer capable of meeting any and all daily mobility needs. The Piaggio high wheel entry level is called Liberty, completely new and equipped with ABS and the new Piaggio i-get engine in the air cooled version. The passage from the entry level Liberty scooter to the large and luxurious Beverly is marked by the arrival of Medley, with a more complete standard equipment package that includes the "Start&Stop" system, the Piaggio i-get engine in the liquid cooled version, ABS and an incredible helmet compartment large enough for two flip up helmets. The new Beverly range therefore represents two benchmarks in the motorcycling progression of Piaggio high wheel scooter customers.

The changes in the Piaggio Beverly 300 and 350 family are:

The engines that power the Piaggio Beverly 300 and 350 have obtained Euro 4 approval. Both powerplants are advanced and modern units, designed to meet the increasingly strict European emissions regulations. This means that, thanks to the use of a new catalytic converter, a new silencer and an update to the electronic control unit maps, the two Piaggio single-cylinders become Euro 4 approved and maintain the brilliance and performance that have always characterised Beverly.

The entire Beverly range now has more features and a more complete standard equipment package. For all models, the ABS braking system and ASR traction control system are now included as standard equipment. The remote control to open the saddle and find your vehicle by making the turn indicators flash ("bike finder" function) also comes as standard equipment. The 12V socket, already included on the entire range, is replaced by the more functional USB port, handy to recharge any modern device. The entire Piaggio Beverly range is available in new and attractive colour variations, with brand new, dedicated trimming. Piaggio Beverly 300, 300S and by Police also have a new instrument cluster with ABS and ASR warning lights, and the rider can disable the latter using the button on the handlebar.

2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

The new medium engine capacity Piaggio Beverly family is made up of:

" Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police: a special version of the Beverly 300 that stems from the combination of two Italian traditions of excellence like Piaggio and Police. This version also has all the technical characteristics that have made Piaggio Beverly so popular, including the liquid cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke, four-valve engine - quick, reliable and parsimonious (31.3 km/l in the WMTC cycle).

" Piaggio Beverly 300: a classic in urban mobility. Safe, reliable, with its 278 cc single-cylinder engine providing generous performance. The 'Made in Italy' design is characterised by elegant and popular shapes, where details such as the LED daylight running lights and brake light play a prominent role. Ideal for city and suburban commutes, thanks to a perfect riding position for the rider, erect and relaxed, excellent air protection and the carrying capacity of the helmet compartment, large enough to hold two flip up helmets.

" Piaggio Beverly 300 S: the most sporty version of Beverly adds dedicated colour schemes and matt dark grey painted details that give it a young and aggressive look. The Piaggio Beverly 300 S also stands out for its chassis, inspired by a motorcycle chassis, with the fuel tank in a central position under the foot board to centralise the weight (at the same time freeing up space in the helmet compartment) for a more satisfying and safe riding experience, whether in or out of the city.

2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: See dealer

Engine Single cylinder 4-stroke
Displacement 278 cc
Bore x Stroke 75 mm x 63 mm
Power 15.5 kW (21 HP) at 7,250 rpm
Torque 22.5 Nm at 5,750 rpm
Distribution Single overhead camshaft (SOHC) - 4 valves
Fuel system Electronic injection
Cooling Liquid
Lubrication Wet sump
Starter Electric with oil-bath free wheel
Gearbox Twist-and-go CVT with torque server
Clutch Automatic, centrifugal dry clutch
Frame Double cradle in high strength tubular steel
Front Suspension Telescopic hydraulic fork with 35-mm stanchions - wheel travel 90 mm
Rear Suspension Double hydraulic shock absorbers with adjustable preload with 4 settings - wheel travel 81 mm
ABS/ASR Standard
Front Brake 300 mm diam. disc with dual piston floating calliper
Rear Brake 240 mm diam. disc with dual piston floating calliper
Front Wheel Rim Aluminium alloy 16" x 3.00"
Rear Wheel Rim Aluminium alloy 14" x 3.50"
Front Tyre Tubeless 110/70 - 16"
Rear Tyre Tubeless 140/70 - 14"
Length/Width 2,190 mm / 780 mm
Wheelbase 1,535 mm
Saddle Height 790 mm
Fuel Tank Capacity 12.5 litres
Emissions compliance Euro 4

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Police.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: THIS WEEK: 2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police - VOTE TODAY

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

In contrast to last weeks Cool Wall bike that wouldn't win on a fashion runway, I bring you one that would.

The 2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police.

by Police?

by The Police Band?
nope.

by The Italian Police?
Guess again...

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

Simply put.....
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:38 am Simply put.....
:frusty:
hahahahahahahahahahaha...

oh wait... there is more...

hahahahahahaha.

Ok, so not a Lamborghini or The Police music fan, So what do you think about the Scooter then? :D

Mike

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#5 Unread post by montanalifter »

I could not give it a fail because two wheels are fun, but not cool either. Uncool for me. If I was spending the money would rather have a smaller motorcycle for the same price.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#6 Unread post by markdcoco »

I've been a huge fan of the Vespa since I was a kid and I watched someone rip the rear wheel off and use it to make a go-kart. I realize real men don't ride scooters unless their kitten has pain, but... Bikes like these (yes because they have two (2) wheels I'll call them bikes) truly do continue to maintain a level of technology, and perhaps even power, that keeps them road worthy. I wouldn't necessarily ride one on the highway, but if I lived in a small town and needed to commute there is sufficient technology and power to make a ride like this practical and economical. I picture a beautiful tree lined street with nice houses and white picket fences going by as I cruise down the road with tears streaming from my eyes (not because of the wind hitting my face due to the incredible speed I'm going, but because I'm hoping none of my friends see me riding this thing). Not a ride for any AZ roads as this is the true wild... wild... west and there just ain't enough ponies on this ride to keep up. In my attempt to find reviews on you-tube just about all of them were in Italian making it pretty to look at but difficult to understand. Police does a great job of adding the scooter-bling, and Piaggio as a manufacturer of many different types of motorized devices including aircraft keeps the level of technology acceptable. So like other rides we have reviewed, this one too serves a purpose... quite well.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#7 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Well, it's a thing. Yup. Not a scooter fan but hey, why not.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome to Fail... thus, cool.

Depending on the right setting, it's awesome (inner-city cool café), in the wrong setting (Cruiser bar) it is a fail. So it is REALLY, really, really hard to judge it. In fact, I can't think of a motorcycle this hard to vote on. Even a Honda Grom has a higher place overall in the majority of settings. (Not that I'm picking on the Grom, it's just the smallest motorcycle I can think of right now).

2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police is a buffed-out scooter. I don't think it's possible to make a scooter more "mean" looking! So if they were going for that, well, it works 100%. If you took the same styling (matt black, black spoke mag rims, black saddlebags and a limited edition model and styled a Harley-Davidson the same way, you'd have a sales hit.

So, do we are North American's just "don't get scooters?" are we too spoiled in big bikes, open roads, high speeds, no lane-splitting/filtering (other than Cali) and not enough grid-lock traffic?

Maybe so.

The question is would you ride the 2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police in Europe or Italy? Does the country you ride it in suddenly make it awesome?

Mike

P.S. The Bonus question: Anyone that answered "The Police" was a clothing company. A gold star for you. :star:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

markdcoco wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:53 am ... but if I lived in a small town and needed to commute there is sufficient technology and power to make a ride like this practical and economical.
My take:

278cc, 21hp scooter that is pretty light (I can't imagine more than 250lbs), should be fine even at highways speeds. Not sure about top speed (maybe 140km/h topped), but fast enough to duke it out with other cars in the flow of traffic.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police - Coolness Factor = 59.5%
Featured: June 9th, 2017 - June 16th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54378
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Police.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police

Awesome (3 points) 2
Cool (2 points) 8
Uncool (1 point) 3
Fail (0 point) 1

Total votes: 14

= a Coolwall Factor of 59.5%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: "Don't judge me man!". Scooters are everywhere and nowhere. We see them but most of us don't want to be seen on one (even if we secretly think they are cool). I think it's a perception issue, of what others think of us and the location we are riding it. Overall, the 2017 Piaggio Beverly 300 by Police is as mean as they come. It's like a gangster smart car with 25" rims. But can it be taken seriously?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!