Spoiler-GP

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#11 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Oh man, i missed most all the race. I tuned to it just in time for Rossi to get passed. It made it all worth it. It was un "procreating" believable.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#12 Unread post by kabob983 »

It was a boneheaded move but honestly this type of thing does happen. It doesn't mean we can't all be upset with Pedro and it doesn't mean that Hayden doesn't have the right to be upset, but in a racing league as intense as MotoGP people are going to go down while attempting aggressive passing moves, it's just the nature of the beast. The fact that it was a teammate makes it more sour...but we'll have to learn to live with it.

And honestly I would have rather seen Edwards go against Rossi for the win instead of pave the way for him. I know he's not in the running for the championship and he wants his team to win, but considering he should be racing his arse off to keep his spot on the team I am rather surprised...
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#13 Unread post by High_Side »

kabob983 wrote: And honestly I would have rather seen Edwards go against Rossi for the win instead of pave the way for him. I know he's not in the running for the championship and he wants his team to win, but considering he should be racing his arse off to keep his spot on the team I am rather surprised...
Surprised? Rossi chooses his own team-mate. Edwards knows exactly what it takes to stay employed at yamaha....

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#14 Unread post by kabob983 »

Hrm...hasn't stopped him from challenging in the past.
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#15 Unread post by High_Side »

kabob983 wrote:Hrm...hasn't stopped him from challenging in the past.
At the time, the championship did not hang in the balance.....

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary

#16 Unread post by isnowbrd »

kabob983 wrote: in a racing league as intense as MotoGP people are going to go down while attempting aggressive passing moves, it's just the nature of the beast.
This is NO EXCUSE. I'm sick of people saying "well that’s racing". I'm sorry, but that doesn't apply in this situation. Especially "in a racing league as intense as MotoGP".

I've heard people say that Dani is such an intelligent rider. During that ENTIRE RACE, he shouldn't have tried to pass Nicky ONCE unless Nicky made a mistake. Even if Dani had successfully passed him, it would have still been a stupid move. Nicky was working on chasing Rossi down and Pedrosa would only slow him down by dueling for position. Not to mention the possibility of them both crashing... Dani should have been intelligent enough to figure this out without someone telling him.

I do believe that "poo poo" happens in racing and there are times when you can say "well thats racing". Did anyone see that incident with Jason Disalvo and Jamie Hacking at Mid-Ohio? Perfect example of a racing incident. Even though they were both teammates, Jamie already had the championship clinched. So basically it was every man for himself. And, if Jamie had been smarter on the brakes, he could've simply tucked in behind Jason and probably passed him as he went wide.
I also remember a race last year when Rossi accidentally crashed into Melandri. Though I don't remember all the details, it was another perfect example of "thats racing". (And Rossi ran over to Melandri to apologize right away. And he wasn't his teammate) But I don’t' think Dani should get to hide behind the old racing adage. He never should have tried to pass Hayden, especially the way that he did.

Anyway, I would be much less upset if only he had immediately run over to Nicky after the crash and tried to help him get back on. Even if the bike was ruined, the action would have spoken volumes about his attitude. Of course, Nicky might have assaulted him had Dani been in reach. And that would have been bad.
ZZR600
VTR250 - Nothing quite like your first love

Benchdawg!
Rookie
Rookie

#17 Unread post by Benchdawg! »

"And Doohan didn't cop the same treatment from his old mate (and fellow Repsol Honda rider) Alex Criville at the Aus GP at Eastern Creek in the '90's?"

"Mick didn't scream and shout like a fool. He took it like a man, a professional and a champion. All things that Hayden will never be. "

Mintbread, I believe that in the scenario you are referring to, the championship was already decided. There was no need for Mick to have blown a gasket at that point.

Hayden is one of the most professional riders in MotoGP right now. He has always been cordial to his fellow competitors and has not ridden recklessly like Stoner has and like his teammate just did.

However as reckless as Pedrosa was, Honda has no one to blame but themselves. No team orders?? C'mon - That is one of the advantages of having a "Teammate." You see it work not only in MotoGP but in all other forms of racing. Pedrosa didn't blow Nicky's advantage away - It was their employer!

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#18 Unread post by Mintbread »

Benchdawg! wrote:There was no need for Mick to have blown a gasket at that point.
So to be taken out by your bread team mate thus stopping you from winning your home GP for the first time is not cause to get upset?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary

#19 Unread post by isnowbrd »

Mintbread wrote:
Benchdawg! wrote:There was no need for Mick to have blown a gasket at that point.
So to be taken out by your bread team mate thus stopping you from winning your home GP for the first time is not cause to get upset?
It is reason to be upset. But having all the work he put into one weekend ruined doesn't compare to having all the work put into an entire year ruined.
ZZR600
VTR250 - Nothing quite like your first love

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#20 Unread post by Mintbread »

He doesn't deserve the championship.

Simple.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]