Life with Amy

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by mysta2 »

2 bikes are better than one :)
[url=http://www.cafepress.com/dropbars][img]http://www.dropbars.com/cafepress%20banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Check out my [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=5844]blog[/url] for the latest on my little project.

imorgan202
Regular
Regular

#22 Unread post by imorgan202 »

Yes, you are so right--you can never have too many motorcycles....or cars....or anything with an engine....or even wheels for that matter.

It's been a long weekend, and I've been stranded in one too many airports along the way, but I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I couldn't have asked for a better 4 days. I've met some of the best people I have come across in my life thus far (and I'm not just saying that). What's more is that the 450 is still available! I'll be calling tomorrow to set up a time to purchase her. :D

It's 12:51am here, I have to be at work at 8am, and I'm exhausted., Time for bed.

imorgan202
Regular
Regular

#23 Unread post by imorgan202 »

Mileage: n/a

So much has been happening since my accident. I almost can't believe it's been 6 weeks already. Poor Amy is still sitting on her side stand at my friend's house in Detroit. Fall is coming on quick here in Michigan, and I've been so busy that I have to say I've neglected her a bit. The CB450 that I was to buy was stolen the day before I was to pick it up. So, I haven't ridden since the accident. I have been desperately in need of wheels though. So, in my demented mind, I thought eBay might be the best place to search for new wheels that would just get me around. I have always been a little obsessed with Japenese/European 4-door sedans from the 60s and 70s. She also needed to be a manual transmission (which I didn't figure would be a problem). I started doing some research, and found this cutie only 90 miles from my house. For only $312.50 and the help of eSnipe, I was able to drive Sally home this past Friday. She has a rebuilt engine, newer 4-speed w/ electronic overdrive, and is just plain cool.

The body definitely has some rust, but that's the one part of the automotive hobby I haven't tackled, so I'm excited. I'm already a pro at bondo from other experiences, so I don't think it'll be a problem. The first steps however, are to give her a good tune-up and paint her semi-flat black. Some day she'll have a nice gloss black coat, but you do what you can to prevent further rust for now, ya know? Oh, and as much as I say Sally is just "wheels for now", I suspect she'll be with me for the duration.

That said, this blog is definitely becoming more than "Life with Amy". I think I always knew it would be more like "Life with Ian's automobile obsession". Oh well, I hope you enjoy anyway. There will be more about Amy in the future though, don't worry.