HELP 2004 CR250 or 2006 CR250 any help appreciated.

ProSkillz
Rookie
Rookie

HELP 2004 CR250 or 2006 CR250 any help appreciated.

#1 Unread post by ProSkillz »

Hey,

I am in the market for a new dirtbike and I have always owned Suzuki's and this time I am going to go with the Honda. I went to a bike shop the other day and was looking at the 2006 CR250 and I love it. I then glanced over to another bike and I thought it was just another 2006 CR250 but it was actually a 2004 model. From a physical perspective they nearly looked identical. They are going to make me a good deal on the 04 model because they want to get it off the floor. I compared the specs between the two years and nothing is jumping out at me as different. The only thing I can find on the 06 model that might be different is some type of 16 bit CPU that handles ignition and exhaust valve servo control. So to some up my question, whats new and better about the 06 that I wouldn't find if I bought the 04. I am not really worried about the looks (they are so close) just mainly motor and chasis differences if any? Thanks in advance.

emperorjordan
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by emperorjordan »

all i know is that my friend has a 2001..... and it kicks soooo much "O Ring" its not even funny. :D
-2005 Suzuki DRZ-400S (The Fast Color).
- FMF Power Core 4
- 3x3" Air Box Mod, DynoJet Kit
- Dunlop D606 Tires
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#3 Unread post by BuzZz »

If your not racing in pro or expert classes, the '04 is the better way to go, just for the cost savings. Both bikes are exellent machines.
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

ProSkillz
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by ProSkillz »

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and got a brand new '04 CR250R. They wanted to get it off the floor so made me a pretty good deal. I got it for $4999.00 out the door. I made them include the tax and licensing in that price. Also got 20% off all my gear so it worked out pretty well. I went out yesterday to break the bike in and it feels sweet. I tried to baby it since it's a fresh motor, but I got into the meat of the powerband a few times and man all I can say is this bike hits hard.

I have always used Dumonde Tech racing oil at 40:1 (I swear by the stuff) and currently live at Sea Level - 500ft, average temp this time of year is 45-60 degree's. It felt like I could go one fatter (#430) on the main jet, and maybe back the air screw off a quarter turn, but all in all the plug was a nice golden brown when I got back home, so I am happy. Thanks again.

Paul