Gear

icariz83
Elite
Elite

#11 Unread post by icariz83 »

I have an AXO RX5 helmet helmet that is about 6-8 years old but in almost perfect condition. I have only landed on my head twice thankfully.
I have a long sleeved and short sleeved black underarmour shirts that I wear under my fox jersey (orange).
Then I have underarmour black compression pants so that my pants down rub my knees raw (they have the heat resistant material on them that is basically scotch bright pad on your knees). My pants are also fox (orange).
Then I have some boots that are Answer I think (heaven forbid not fox!) that are pretty old too.

Oh and my gloves are red gel pad gloves.

emperorjordan
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by emperorjordan »

BuzZz wrote:I would argue that with you, Jordan.

Your body still recieves major internal accellerations(and that can tear organs loose inside, causing what feels like sore gut muscles)) from riding, no matter what your suspension is like. It also supports and protects your lower back, even more so in a crash.

You can't tell me you never bottom the suspension (you should be bottoming once in a while or it's too stiff)..... and no offence, but the suspension on a DRZ-S is hardly state of the art. :wink:

I rode till I was 16 without one. When I did start wearing one, I was surprised at how much better I felt the next day and how much longer I could ride before I got tired. And the crash benifits are substantial too.
Ok, well then.... maybe I will get one and try it out.... and yes :lol: I do bottom out my suspension 8) and it is setup right.
-2005 Suzuki DRZ-400S (The Fast Color).
- FMF Power Core 4
- 3x3" Air Box Mod, DynoJet Kit
- Dunlop D606 Tires
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car

racer
Rookie
Rookie

#13 Unread post by racer »

hi buzzz.. i agree with your type of gear. it sure is important to keep an eye on your body parts. :wink:

john357
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: AT 2016

Re: Gear

#14 Unread post by john357 »

I was looking for an all season adventure suit for a long time.
Klim and Touratech are doing good stuff but sorry...i just dont want to spend this kind of money.
Anyhow, i came up on this brand called Siima MotoWear.
They have a truly all season adventure jacket that has rain layer on top and can be also transformed in to a mesh jacket.
Price is quite reasonable for what they offer.
What do you guys think ?

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#15 Unread post by jstark47 »

I read some reviews of Siima products, they generally seem positive. You're not getting Klim or Rukka or Aerostich quality, you're paying a medium price and getting medium-high quality goods. On that basis, it seems like a good bargain. Is medium-high quality in protective gear good enough for you? Everyone answers that question differently, and only you can answer it for yourself.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

brajon
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: Honda

#16 Unread post by brajon »

I like wearing my Arai helmet because it fits my head very nicely.
Please no commercial links in signature lines - Thanks Admin