TTR250 VS DR350

konrad565
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

TTR250 VS DR350

#1 Unread post by konrad565 »

First of all I would like to apologise if you feel this topic has been covered before! I have seen good things about both of these so could do with them being 'compared' by people with first hand experience.

I have got my test on the 17th March. I am 20 till december so so as I live in the UK I will be restricted to 33BHP and don't really feel like restricting a bigger bike.

I will hopefully be doing quite a lot of green laning/simple off roading and the roads it will go on will be mainly country lanes, so it does need to be road legal. I have heard the DR350 is a bit on the heavy side? Will this really affect novice green laning (and gentle off roading)? If I went for the TTR250 would I be bored out of my mind on the roads? (Will it hit 60MPH?)
Haven't got a bike yet, test is on 17th March then I will rectify this terrible bikeless situation.

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum

#2 Unread post by Big B »

it looks like the ttr-250 is the european version of the xt250 we get here in the u.s. the 250 is an upgrade over last year's 225. i rode the hell out of one of those and loved it, was light as a feather and got my fat azz (285 lbs) up TO 75mph without too much trouble. i may be investing in a 250 this year.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

kymford
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by kymford »

course the ttr will hit 60mph, no probs. I have noticed, that the knobby tires don't last as long as road bike tyres on the bitumen road though.

Our TTR has a fair bit of go, it kicks my CB250's butt, easy
[img]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e9/fordnutt/Copyofhamshelmut002.jpg[/img]
CB250rs, CB750f, CBR929rr, GSX750r, GPZ1000rx, TTR250, Thumpster125, Z50J,
Quad 50, Samuri 50
Kym, mum n missus

GSXR-Paul
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by GSXR-Paul »

The DR350 is the best of the two any time of the day i had a dr350 for enduro riding for 2 years cool bike for a old one . :dunno:
http://redline-motorbikes-uk.lefora.com/forum/

Ladymx

#5 Unread post by Ladymx »

DR350 is the better of the two

arvindwilliam
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: TTR250 VS DR350

#6 Unread post by arvindwilliam »

Much depends on how much you want to ride off-road, and how many on the road, and what kind of roads I have a ttr250 and suvs great and beautiful roads in the city on national roads speed limit This is not ideal, and I really wouldn't trust it at a speed where you will spend much time on national roads speed limit, don't get ttr250, but otherwise it.