2007 KTM 450 EXC

Rydr
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

2007 KTM 450 EXC

#1 Unread post by Rydr »

2007 KTM 450 EXC

Finally, a dual-sport that is simply a dirt bike with lights - no compromises. For the dirt in all of us.

Any thoughts on this bike????

2wheel
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by 2wheel »

1999 VFR
2005 KTM 300EXC
2004 GS500F (girlfriends)
www.2wheelcentral.com
www.iboxcabinets.com

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by MotoF150 »

I have seen one, it looks like its a 99% off road motocross bike and 1% street bike. Maybe you can install a rear rack on this bike to carry around a step ladder so you can climb on the bike. OMG! look at that suspension! Thats a 30 foot jump bike! Buy one and you can be Evil Knivel and jump Cesars Palace in Vegas!
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

icariz83
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by icariz83 »

My KTM has lights and it's an 02. They've been like that for a while.
Current Toys:06 Daytona 675, 06 Sportsman 800
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/Icariz83/misc%20pics/bronco1.gif[/img]

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#5 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

I... want... ktm!!!

gimme gimme gimme!!! that thing is awsome! Forget the 650L, i just got a new favorite dual-sport!
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#6 Unread post by BuzZz »

I told ya, son. Them boys at KTM are serious about their stuff.

They finally relented to their customers and told their legal department to shut-up. This new bike is their latest off-road bike with the smallest charging stem and barest lights possible. No cush-drive, no beefier trans gears, no shockload resistant springs in the driveline, no 'tuned for the street' engine, it's a full-on racebike with lights and DOT tires.

Their lawyers must be chittin' kittins.... :twisted:

More power to KTM for doing it anyways. :righton:

They always built exellent, but 'different', dirt bikes, thru the 70's and 80's, and in the 90's they started to work on the 'different' part. This century they have had it nailed, awesome bikes with ergos most people can deal with, and with industry-leading build quality and the best from outside vendors. Still, nothing else 'feels' like a KTM. I have ridden almost every off-road bike made since 1975 and owned a good selection of them, and the Japanese make fantastic bikes, but KTMs feel solid compared to them.

They just released their first dedicated streetbike, and all reports say it is a potent machine. Wait and see, in 20 years KTM will the Euro company handing the Japanese factories their performace bike bottoms back to them. :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

vajda
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by vajda »

Super bike! ..but is hard :/

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#8 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

hee heee.... nasty. it looks like they cared so little about street legality that the rear turn signals are tilted upward slightly like an "aah, close enough" at-home job!

gotta go read the whole article. i wonder how much they needed to choke it down to pass the EPA/emission regs...

i'd love to ride down to the local mx track, then BRAAAAPP (oh sorry, that's the two-stroke era) BROOMMP (there we go, 4-stroke engine sounds)... just BROOOMPPP out onto the track... signal for the turns just for giggles. I'm sure some guys haev already done this on there at-home street legal conversions. Bow Cycle (local dealer) here in town had a nice WR450 motard bike out front the other day. 17" wheels, 150mm wide rear... Quite nice, but I didn't have my camera with me.

That 450 is just a beast. i'd opt for a 250 (at the track or even in the bush) for a few years just to get my bearings back and hopfeully save on broken bones :D

Great speedo gauge:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Galleries ... 28&Media=1

It's this nice use of technology that really makes it work.
Clean, simple and purposeful. Just the kind of bikes I love.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)