Jamers!
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2015 Yamaha VX950(bolt)

KX125

#1 Unread post by Jamers! »

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/mcy/175042994.html

what do you guys think, im gonna offer him 1k, no way a 18 year old bike is worth more than that. MY only concern, is the power. Im 5'10" 190lbs, will a 125 bike have the power to carry me and still have enough juice to really move?

JWF
Insert something clever and showing an understanding of motorcycle culture here

ATGATT

Sev wrote:What's a bike?
JWF505 wrote:its like a goat, but with two wheels.
JWF

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#2 Unread post by BuzZz »

I thought you wanted a dual-sport.....

Anyways, the bike has enough power to drag your butt around, but you will get very friendly with the clutch. It makes a fair amount of power, but only over a limited RPM range, and that is at the top of the RPM range. You'll spend a lot of time slipping the clutch to get the revs up so it's pulling hard.

Honestly, if your set on a 2 stroke MXer, a 250 is easier to ride. It makes more power when it hits the powerband, sure, but it also has useable power lower down as well.

The price don't seem that out of line, but's all what you're willing to pay. Up here, that bike would sell for $1600-1800, so $1400 US seems pretty close. You might knock him down a couple hundred anyway....
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Jamers!
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2015 Yamaha VX950(bolt)

#3 Unread post by Jamers! »

BuzZz wrote:I thought you wanted a dual-sport.....

Anyways, the bike has enough power to drag your butt around, but you will get very friendly with the clutch. It makes a fair amount of power, but only over a limited RPM range, and that is at the top of the RPM range. You'll spend a lot of time slipping the clutch to get the revs up so it's pulling hard.

Honestly, if your set on a 2 stroke MXer, a 250 is easier to ride. It makes more power when it hits the powerband, sure, but it also has useable power lower down as well.

The price don't seem that out of line, but's all what you're willing to pay. Up here, that bike would sell for $1600-1800, so $1400 US seems pretty close. You might knock him down a couple hundred anyway....

i do want a dual sport, and im still looking but this is very close to where i live and seemed like a good deal so i was just curious.

JWF
Insert something clever and showing an understanding of motorcycle culture here

ATGATT

Sev wrote:What's a bike?
JWF505 wrote:its like a goat, but with two wheels.
JWF

iQfOreVa
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by iQfOreVa »

that price is too much for an old bike like that. especially an mx bike. you don't know what the fork seals are like, if he's replaced the piston yet, or if has any other problems.
as for pulling you around, i race mx and i have a 2k yamaha yz125 (2-stroke) and it pulls me. i'm 6' 195lbs. it has more than enough power to pull me around.

as far as you getting a 250 2-stroke mx bike?
do you have any experience? if not, is that guy crazy? 250 2-stroke bikes are freaking crazy powerful. i won't ride one. i think what he meant to say was get a 250 4-stroke. same amount of power, different power band.

you can find a better deal in the los angeles area. look toward orange county, there are lots of rich kids who ride mx and get rid of their old bikes to get new ones.