Do Tree Huggers Damage Trees?

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Do Tree Huggers Damage Trees?

#1 Unread post by MotoF150 »

here in Pennsylvania we have some tree huggers that sometimes cause problems with blocking our right to ride ATV's and its always a new excuse they have, first its the trees, next its the water, after that its land errosion, then they wanta protect the deer population, sometimes they will show up at a ATV run its no big deal, they cut down trees to block ATV trails or pile up rocks, no big deal, some guys with ATV's bring a chainsaw, or we just ride around the downed tree. What I don't understand is why would tree huggers destroy trees when they wanta protect them in the first place? York County PA, ,A vandal cut down 113 Gala apple trees owned by a local nursery and the vandal left a note demanding that the nursery owner stop shooting deer. Its known that apple orchards around the state do have problems with deer eating the apples from their trees and the owners do have a right to shoot deer on their property, I have a good hunch it was a tree hugger that was the vandal, but why do they destroy the trees they wanta protect in the first place?
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#2 Unread post by NorthernPete »

In that case, they were protesting the killing of the deer for what they consider not a valid reason (my opinion, mmmmm venison!) If they were protesting the loss of forested areas, Im sure they wouldnt cut any trees, as for blocking of trails, pure and utter Bull shiat to do that, once more, its the minorty of riders who dont know the "ride soft, dont leave a footprint" sort of moto that is needed now adays, stay on marked trails, and allways ask landowners permision.

although I do get a kick out of seeing the people up in trees that they dont want cut down, especially when its raining..and thye look like drowned rats...
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

2wheel
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by 2wheel »

Tree huggers are all hypocrites and were never loved as a child.
1999 VFR
2005 KTM 300EXC
2004 GS500F (girlfriends)
www.2wheelcentral.com
www.iboxcabinets.com