#61 Unread post by zee »

Cheesecake!! :clapping:

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Not so quiet now.

#62 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I helped my sister make over 50 pinny's for their child's daycare. I hope she never volunteers again. :roll:

Bella108
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: Honda Magna

#63 Unread post by Bella108 »

sapaul wrote:OK, doilies are finished, I will put my pinny on and make cheesecake. Just don't tell Sunshine, coz she is mean to me and wants me to leave. I will let you know when it's ready. Did I tell you I have to sell my project bike.

I need comfort food.
Yummmm... Comfort food~! I love Greens :) I wasn't paying attention yesterday and accidentally melted chocolate all over the inside of my purse... Now this is a very frustrating thing, but I was thinking If I wanted my purse to be coated in anything other than gold or money haha Chocolate may very well be my choice!

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#64 Unread post by sapaul »

Ok off to do the windows now
Attachments
09_23_11---Cheese-Cake_web.jpg
09_23_11---Cheese-Cake_web.jpg (135.09 KiB) Viewed 11377 times
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

blues2cruise

#65 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I built a big salad to take to a pot luck. I put a couple of imitation ice blocks in the bowl to keep it cold while I transported it on the back of my bike. It was a hot summer day...finally...for a short time...

I used a cargo net to secure it.....the salad was a hit. (I was requested to bring one like the last time)....

While there, it started to rain. :( So...luckily I had the rain liners for my gear with me. I rode home after the party in the rain. My Olympia jacket and pants were good as were my new gloves.....but the boots....

For frick sakes....the new so called waterproof boots did not last 25 minutes in the rain. My socks were wet when I got home.

I truly believe boot makers label them waterproof to lure us into buying them. So far, every pair of (so called waterproof) motorcycle boots I have purchased have leaked.

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#66 Unread post by Hondagirl »

that cheesecake looks good!

I agree, don't believe in 'waterproof'. Even so called guaranteed waterproof raingear is not waterproof in heavy rain, or not in the monsoon type sudden showers we get here anyway. Im soaked to the skin and can wring the rain out of socks and all other undergarments every time . :groan: But I would still rather ride than take any other transport :D
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

blues2cruise

#67 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I have had good luck with the gear except boots. I guess we'll have to go back to the old fashioned way of wearing plastic bags over our socks . lol

Actually.....I'll just have to pack my rain booties from now on. They fit over the boots.

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#68 Unread post by Nalian »

I've had exceptional luck with the Sidi Jasmin Tempor. Been through many hours of hard rain riding and going through some puddles. Haven't had wet feet yet.. *crosses fingers*

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#69 Unread post by agraebner »

Ill have you know the boots are water proof. :lol: If you leave them on after riding in the rain, they will stay full of water indefinitely...... I had a pair that would somehow fill with water and look dry on the outside 30 minutes later, meanwhile squish squish squish.
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

blues2cruise

#70 Unread post by blues2cruise »

agraebner wrote:Ill have you know the boots are water proof. :lol: If you leave them on after riding in the rain, they will stay full of water indefinitely...... I had a pair that would somehow fill with water and look dry on the outside 30 minutes later, meanwhile squish squish squish.
:laughing: