#378-379: This or That? 2018 Triumph Daytona 675 (WINNER) vs 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701

This or That. Congratulations you won a motorcycle! Pick one:

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#378-379: This or That? 2018 Triumph Daytona 675 (WINNER) vs 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

THIS? OR THAT! on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

Week #378-379 of the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

You just won a motorcycle, which one do you pick to take home with you and why?

Picking a free motorcycle from two great rides can be very difficult and it seems readers want more time to make their decision. So we are going to go with a two week format to give you, our readers, even more time to respond, debate and have a good time talking about the choices!

Last week's two week Cool Wall was incredibly close, in fact, end of the 1st and 2nd weeks ended in a dead tie even though we had even more votes! The tie was decided based on how many positive replies were given to each model, in the end, the 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 just squeaked by.

This week the 2018 Triumph Daytona 675 takes on the 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 winner from last week. Triumph is a stellar brand, their cruiser, dual sport and classic market is on fire, but there is one area that has largely gone unloved and that is the Triumph Supersport with just 2 models (R and non-R). So for the next two weeks TMW is going to give some love to the 2018 Triumph Daytona 675 and see if our readers will as well...

2018 Triumph Daytona 675 vs 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701

THIS:

2018 Triumph Daytona 675
Information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... 675-review

PERFORMANCE IS EVERYTHING.

2018 Triumph Daytona 675:

Apex after apex the Daytona 675 inspires complete confidence. Fantastic power, light weight, and easy to ride, our engineers ambition was simple: to create the most perfectly balanced motorcycle. An equal blend of torque, responsiveness, agility, poise and purpose. The result is a bike with class-defining power, performance and handling. A bike that will inspire total confidence. And looks every bit as good.

The Daytona 675’s engine features twin injectors per cylinder, titanium valves, a 14,400 red line, and a spine tingling induction roar. It’s fast on the track, great on the road and satisfying to own.

Faster, sharper, sweeter. Lap times tumble, twisty roads are tamed, the toughest corners are conquered by the world’s most thrilling high-performance middleweight sports bike.

MEET YOUR WEAPON OF CHOICE

The Triumph Daytona 675 delivers a pure adrenalin rush on road or track. The race-winning three-cylinder engine, with an electrifying blend of midrange drive and screaming top-end power, is perfectly balanced with a precisely calibrated chassis for extreme agility, control and confidence.

Both models come with switchable ABS as standard, but the Daytona 675 R adds high performance Öhlins suspension, radial Brembo monobloc brakes, a quickshifter, styling enhancements, race-tuned agility and superb steering response to its formidable arsenal of talents.

OR THAT:

2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701
Information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... 701-review

A POWERFUL URBAN ICON.

2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 Review on Totalmotorcycle.com:

The VITPILEN 701 is an immaculately designed street bike that offers a new perspective on urban motorcycling. Driven by a powerful single-cylinder engine, this compact and agile motorcycle is expertly crafted to deliver minimalist styling with exceptional performance and reduced to the bare essence of what a motorcycle should be. Created to suit the unique, progressive lifestyle of modern motorcycling, it delivers a more thrilling, honest and real bike experience.
The Husqvarna SVARTPILEN 701, a dark street explorer that is free of excess and reduced to its simplest form. This bike aims to appeal to an entirely new generation of motorcycle users. It’s for those less interested in the hype and hyperbole of modern day motorcycling and who prefer a simpler, timeless design approach. Its technologically advanced 4-stroke single-cylinder 692.7 cc engine is housed in an incredibly stripped down but progressive layout that offers excellent performance. It doesn’t need to be pigeon-holed or categorised – it just needs to be ridden. It is so simple and obvious that just by looking at it, any free-thinking rider should know exactly what it is intended to do. Ultimately, it’s as approachable as a motorcycle can be, it’s honest, and is there to be ridden by anyone wanting a raw and exhilarating riding experience.

A progressive street roadster that was designed to reflect the attitude and styling of a more modern and freethinking breed of rider. The design solution was to create a naked street bike to mark Husqvarna Motorcycles’ logical return to street motorcycling. This design driven, yet high-performing, motorcycle reveals the potential of the brand’s future vision. Its uniqueness is not limited to the aesthetics, although this will be instantly notable from the raw, natural and intuitive experience of riding it. Something fresh in the world of motorcycling was long overdue and using this as motivation, the brand set out to create a motorcycle that captures the timeless thrill of the ride by creating something functional, practical and simple.

Forget everything you know about contemporary street motorcycles, the VITPILEN range is innovative and progressive. Developed with a fresh perspective, reduced, pure and without industry influence, these motorcycles challenge all current design trends and use a clean, smart and less complicated way of creating a motorcycle. The simple yet progressive design approach is a thought provoking paradox where simplicity, ease-of-use and functionality meet innovative design and attention to detail.

A PURE AND AUTHENTIC RIDING EXPERIENCE
The VITPILEN range is a definitive and bold statement, which exhibits Husqvarna Motorcycles´ never-ending quest to pioneer new territory. Simply put, the VITPILEN aims at stripping away all unnecessary gimmicks and presents a motorcycle in its purest form. Their uniqueness is however not limited to aesthetics, as the designers set out to create a motorcycle that captures the thrill of the ride which is instantly felt in the raw, natural and intuitive riding experience.

The winner of this week's THIS OR THAT will go on and fight the challenger next week. The overall winners will be determined how many weeks they can beat the competition.

Enjoy!
Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

Re: #378-379: This or That? 2018 Triumph Daytona 675 vs 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701

#2 Unread post by montanalifter »

That was one of the quickest choices for me, Triumph. Lots of open road where I live and a big single cylinder is just not quite right for me. I do like the 701 though, I would think it would depend on where you live and ride. Lots of positive reviews on the 675 good power and light weight.

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Re: #378-379: This or That? 2018 Triumph Daytona 675 vs 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701

#3 Unread post by pchast »

Sport bikes = back breakers and pain after a Short ride. Neither.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#4 Unread post by markdcoco »

It would almost be un-American to not vote for the Triumph.......

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Voting the borkin Vitpilen.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I was picking up some REV'IT! gear at a Husqvarna dealer and noticed they had a 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 and 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 on the showroom flood. Wow, much smaller of a bike that I thought it would be, more like the size of a Buell Blast! than a CB1000 for example. Didn't get to sit on it, should have, but overall impressions was VERY high quality, fit and finish... looks like it would be a blast to ride. Oddly angled instrument cluster reminded me of the 60's Triumphs.

Nice looking bike though.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.