#374: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 vs 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – 115th Anniversary (WINNER)

This or That. Pick Only One. One will leave as Champion, the other in shame. YOU CHOOSE.

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#374: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 vs 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – 115th Anniversary (WINNER)

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

THIS? OR THAT! on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

Pick One. One will leave as Champion, the other in shame.

Week #374. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadies and gentlemen, may I have your attention!

The 2006 Ducati GT1000 (a 12 year old motorcycle bested), and TRHEE TIME returning champion takes on the new for 2018, 114 cubic inch big bad boy nostalgic Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic Tourer, in 115th Special Anniversary garb no less! Can Harley-Davidson's heavy weight defeat the lithe Ducati GT?

DING, DING.

Let's have a clean fight and no hitting below the airbox.

2006 Ducati GT1000 - vs - 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – 115th Anniversary

THIS:

2006 Ducati GT1000
Information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/ ... ati-GT1000

CLASSIC STYLING WITH MODERN PERFORMANCE

Back in 1971 the GT was a bike to be ridden every day, it combined sport bike and touring features in a balanced and beautiful Italian package. With a dual seat and single headlamp, it was an essential motorcycle, much like today’s “naked” or “traditional” motorcycles. It was a commonsense motorcycle, but its beauty was uncommon. The L-Twin engine was left fully exposed to flaunt its elegant features. Dual chrome silencers swept rearward accenting the attractive lines of the bike. Everyday performance was never so well executed. Until now.

Although classically styled, the 2006 GT1000 is engineered to deliver modern Ducati road performance. With its comfortable two-up riding position and confident handling, it is perfect for the daily commute or a weekend trip to the mountains. Powering the GT is the 1000 DS engine, the most advanced, most powerful Ducati air-cooled engine ever.

In the Gran Turismo Tradition

OR THAT:

2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – 115th Anniversary
Information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ary-review

Bikes don’t get any truer to their roots than this. The 115th Anniversary Heritage Classic 114 is the original outlaw motorcycle decked out for those who want to do the 115th Anniversary big. Limited-edition and exclusively numbered.

The Heritage Classic motorcycle used to be a homage to ‘50s chrome nostalgia. Take a look at the new one, and you’ll see it’s anything but that.

IT’S THE NEW VINTAGE
Dark classic style with a modern edge, from the full fenders to the blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight® V-Twin engine.

BUILT FOR FAST GETAWAYS
Reduced weight, awesome acceleration, and totally reinvigorated ride.

THROW A LEG OVER AND RUMBLE OFF INTO THE SUNSET
Harley-Davidson Softail Story – The next custom revolution

Authentic innovation meets true Harley-Davidson soul in the reinvented Softail® family. The most powerful, agile, and responsive cruisers in Harley-Davidson history feature a lighter and stiffer frame, high-performance suspension and the smooth, unrelenting torque of a fully counter-balanced Milwaukee-Eight® V-Twin engine. Each Softail® model has a distinctive look and attitude that stays true to the roots of Harley-Davidson® custom motorcycle design.

The winner of this week's THIS OR THAT will go on and fight the challenger next week. The overall winners will be determined how many weeks they can beat the competition.

Enjoy!
Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: #374: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 vs 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – 115th Anniversary

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Enjoy, have fun and let's have some great discussions this week as it April... the start of riding season. :)

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

Re: #374: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 vs 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – 115th Anniversary

#3 Unread post by montanalifter »

I can see myself cruising around on the Harley, good looking bike. The 114 motor would give plenty of torque to two up trips.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#4 Unread post by markdcoco »

Been staring at the Ducati for so long it's starting to look like a mini bike:
minib.jpg
But the Harley is just another boring fugly HD............
But you know what they say about opinions.......

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#5 Unread post by montanalifter »

Now that is a cool minibike.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#6 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I’m still going duke. Just would rather have it over the HD. not to say there’s not a few Harley’s that turn my head. That’s just not one. Lol
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Looks like we have a TIE!

... that means SUDDEN DEATH, shootout round. The next vote we get that breaks the tie, that bike will win.

Tell you friends, family or distant relatives that you haven't talked to in an eon to come on over to TMW and vote for the Ducati or the Harley-Davidson!

Remember, Guests do not need to register to vote.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: #374: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 vs 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – 115th Anniversary (SUDDEN DEAT

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great stuff, we have a winner!

The 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – 115th Anniversary will move forward to face this week's new challenger!

Mike