#373: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 (WINNER) vs 2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E

This or That. Pick Only One. One will leave as Champion, the other in shame. YOU CHOOSE.

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#373: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 (WINNER) vs 2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

THIS? OR THAT! on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

Pick One. One will leave as Champion, the other in shame.

Week #373. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadies and gentlemen, may I have your attention!

The 2006 Ducati GT1000 (a 12 year old motorcycle bested), two time returning champion takes on the engineer's dream bike, the legendary 2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E. (Just don't get me started about what happened with Bimota sale and "junkification".)

DING, DING.

Let's have a clean fight and no hitting below the airbox.

2006 Ducati GT1000 - vs -2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E

THIS:

2006 Ducati GT1000
Information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/ ... ati-GT1000

CLASSIC STYLING WITH MODERN PERFORMANCE

Back in 1971 the GT was a bike to be ridden every day, it combined sport bike and touring features in a balanced and beautiful Italian package. With a dual seat and single headlamp, it was an essential motorcycle, much like today’s “naked” or “traditional” motorcycles. It was a commonsense motorcycle, but its beauty was uncommon. The L-Twin engine was left fully exposed to flaunt its elegant features. Dual chrome silencers swept rearward accenting the attractive lines of the bike. Everyday performance was never so well executed. Until now.

Although classically styled, the 2006 GT1000 is engineered to deliver modern Ducati road performance. With its comfortable two-up riding position and confident handling, it is perfect for the daily commute or a weekend trip to the mountains. Powering the GT is the 1000 DS engine, the most advanced, most powerful Ducati air-cooled engine ever.

In the Gran Turismo Tradition

OR THAT:

2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E
Information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ta-Tesi3DE

An outstanding experience

Bizarre, futuristic, but overall hard-hitting. The 2013 Tesi sums up an idea turned into an engineer’s masterpiece.

From Pierluigi Marconi’s project (named after his own graduation thesis) to the actual Tesi 3D, realised thanks to Andrea Acquaviva and Enrico Borghesan’s work, the philosophy of the project is never changed.

The TESI is able to enhance the rider’s confidence and cornering ability, letting him know since the very start a whole new potential of decent handling. No load transfer, faster entry speed and corners “like it’s on rails” no matter the speed level.

It is a very accurate bike, that thanks to lack of load transfer allows a harder braking than any machine of previous generations.

Combining the virtues of a naked motorcycle with sport bike features, praised for its riding position and compactness.

The winner of this week's THIS OR THAT will go on and fight the challenger next week. The overall winners will be determined how many weeks they can beat the competition.

Enjoy!
Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Re: #373: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 vs 2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E

#2 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I looked at the TESI and wondered if it was looking the wrong way. Can’t get behind that bike. Or maybe I could since it looks like two back ends.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#3 Unread post by markdcoco »

There's enough things that can go wrong on two wheels, why complicate it with:
pushpull.jpg
pushpull.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 10784 times
That about sums up my thoughts.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with the 2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E, it is just soooo odd, different and lots of talking points! Your right though, I didn't realize it looked like it was going forwards and backwards at the same time! LOL. That's pretty neat.

Now, I guess it makes sense then why I like the 2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E now as my old car in Houston, Texas was a '09 Porsche Boxster and that too looks like it was going and coming at the same time.
DSC00136.jpg
DSC00136.jpg (90.53 KiB) Viewed 10743 times
Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: #373: This or That? 2006 Ducati GT1000 (WINNER) vs 2013 Bimota Tesi 3D E

#5 Unread post by High_Side »

Too bad I missed this post earlier, and I am sure that Mike knows where I stand on this battle. I am a Ducati guy but have never been more disappointed in a bike than I was in my old GT1000. It was a beautiful looking bike and would pull positive comments for just about anyone any time that I parked it. I bought it because of the look, AND because Jen's Monster S2R she had at the time was one of my favorite bikes of all time. But the GT could not have been more disappointing. The worst suspension I have had on any bike since my '83 Nighthawk 650. Fueling that was so lean that the bike would barely run in stock for and took forever to warm up. The suspension would only have taken about $2500 to fix. The fueling cure was "only" and $1800 Termignoni kit away...

I did the best thing I could do with it - sold it and bought the Superduke!