Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Victory Cross Country Tour - Coolness Factor = 66.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Victory Cross Country Tour on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... untry-Tour

2017 Victory Cross Country Tour on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

PACKED WITH POWER...

Cross America in record time. Take the standard Cross Country® bagger - a capable platform for any two-wheeled adventure - hit it with a dose of comfort and convenience features like a 200W eight-speaker Bluetooth® and USB audio system, and what you get is the Cross Country Tour: a V-Twin touring bike ready to go anywhere comfortable and quickly. So set ambitious destinations with the Cross Country Tour®, which offers the largest total cargo capacity on a production touring motorcycle (41.1 gallons). Victory's Comfort Control System provides upper and lower air controls that channel the wind to maximize comfort while a padded passenger backrest, three-position adjustable floorboards and dual zone heated seats give your passengers the control they deserve. An air-adjustable rear suspension further aids rider and passenger comfort while ABS and new LED lighting helps keep your mind at ease.

With a twist of the wrist, the Cross Country Tour® crosses time zones without leaving your comfort zone.

Go Further, Faster.

2017 Victory Cross Country Tour www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

A V-twin touring bike packed with power to go anywhere comfortably and quickly.

• Freedom® 106 V-Twin That Delivers 106 Ft.-Lb. of Torque
• LED Headlight, Bluetooth® / USB Audio & ABS Standard
• Heated Grips & Dual Zone Heated Seats
• Three-Position Adjustable Passenger Floorboards
• 41.1 Gallons of Storage

2017 Victory Cross Country Tour www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

Largest Total Cargo Capacity in the World

Forty-one gallons of storage capacity makes this the most cargo space of any production motorcycle.

Standard LED Headlight

Modern lighting comes standard with a LED headlight that is 74% brighter than halogen bulbs providing all the vision you need at night.

Confidence-Inspiring Brakes

Own the road in any condition. The Victory Anti-Lock Brake System monitors traction to automatically provide control, stopping power, and confidence in any situation.

Victory Comfort Control System

Turn the winds to your favor. Victory’s Comfort Control System provides upper and lower air controls that channels the wind to maximize your comfort.

2017 Victory Cross Country Tour - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: Available in Gloss Black ($21,999), Gloss Blue Fire ($22,499) and Two-tone Turbo Silver and Black ($22,999).
Canada MSRP Price: $25,999 CDN

Specifications

ABS/Cruise Control Standard
Curb Weight 876 lbs / 398 kg
Displacement 106 ci / 1731 cc
Oil Capacity 5.0 qts / 4.73 ltr

ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN

Valve Train SOHC - 4 Valves per Cylinder/Hydraulic Lifters & Cam Chain Adjusters
Transmission Type 6-speed overdrive constant mesh
Transmission/Primary Drive Gear drive with torque compensator
Transmission/Final Drive Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
Exhaust Dual-Large Bore Slash-Cut with Common Volume
Drive/Driven Clutch Wet Multi-Plate/Diaphragm Spring
Cooling Air / oil
Compression Ratio 9.4 : 1
Charging System 48 amps max output
Battery YTX20HL-BS/12 Volt 18 Amp Hour 310 CCA
Bore x Stroke (mm) 101 x 108 mm
Engine Type Freedom 106/ 6 V-Twin

Suspension

Rear Suspension Single Monotube Air Adjustable Shock: 4.7" (120mm) travel
Front Suspension Telescopic Fork/ 5.1" (130mm)

Brakes

Rear Brakes Dual 300 x 5mm/Floating Rotor/4 Piston Calipers
Front Brakes Dual 300mm floating rotor with 4-piston calipers
Brake System Type Conventional w/ ABS

Tires / Wheels

Rear Wheel 16 x 5.0"
Rear Tires Dunlop D418 Elite 3 180/60R16 M/C 80H
Front Wheel 18 x 3.5"
Front Tires Dunlop D418F Elite 3 130/70R18 63H

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase 65.7 in / 1670 mm
Seat Height 26.3 in / 667 mm
Rake/Trail 29.0° / 5.6 in / 142 mm
Ground Clearance 5.8 in / 148 mm
GVWR 1360 lbs / 617 kg
Fuel Capacity (Litres) 5.8 gal / 22 ltr
Overall Length (in./mm.) 108.1 in / 2747 mm

Features

Colors (Base) Gloss Black, Gloss Blue Fire, Two-tone Turbo Silver and Black
Color Swatch Gloss Black
Comfort Heated Dual-zone Seat, Heated grips

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... untry-Tour
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: THIS WEEK: 2017 Victory Cross Country Tour - VOTE TODAY

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

Although I'm not a fan of the angular, Arlen Ness style spaceship styling, this bike has been in my top three list of possible replacements for my Road Glide ever since it was first released. I have a couple of friends who ride them and they are very happy with the quality and performance. It's just too bad that Polaris killed the brand in order to boost sales for Indian. Harley isn't the only company that makes baffling decisions (eg Buell, MV Augusta) like this, it seems.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

meh.....another full bagger....and from a defunct badge.......not voting.
Always ask why.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#4 Unread post by markdcoco »

There's got to be a category LESS than "Fail"......... no vote

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#5 Unread post by montanalifter »

Would not mind riding around the country on this bike. I voted awesome. Really nice bagger with good power and storage.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#6 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

It's a beautiful machine for what it is, and someone shopping in this niche could certainly get a lot of use from the platform. Nothing I'd ever buy, so it can't be Awesome, but a solid Cool. Sad to see the Vic line go belly-up, and I'll never understand Polaris making that call, but I'm sure they know more about it than I do.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:06 pm Although I'm not a fan of the angular, Arlen Ness style spaceship styling, this bike has been in my top three list of possible replacements for my Road Glide ever since it was first released. I have a couple of friends who ride them and they are very happy with the quality and performance. It's just too bad that Polaris killed the brand in order to boost sales for Indian. Harley isn't the only company that makes baffling decisions (eg Buell, MV Augusta) like this, it seems.
If the 2017 Victory Cross Country Tour is a candidate, it might be a good idea to start looking for a "left over" 2017 model... might be some great deals out there right now...

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#8 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:01 am If the 2017 Victory Cross Country Tour is a candidate, it might be a good idea to start looking for a "left over" 2017 model... might be some great deals out there right now...

Mike
Boss, I'm not tired of the Road Glide yet. 127k on my '07 RG and 5k since May on my new RG. Plus, I prefer to own a bike that has a national network of dealers and massive aftermarket support, I'm funny that way. :D
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:36 am
totalmotorcycle wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:01 am If the 2017 Victory Cross Country Tour is a candidate, it might be a good idea to start looking for a "left over" 2017 model... might be some great deals out there right now...

Mike
Boss, I'm not tired of the Road Glide yet. 127k on my '07 RG and 5k since May on my new RG. Plus, I prefer to own a bike that has a national network of dealers and massive aftermarket support, I'm funny that way. :D
Wow, nice mileage on the bikes! A little off-topic, but how are you liking the new RG? Would you recommend it versus the 2007?

I'm with you on the national network, although I did go and buy a Guzzi, which doesn't have as big of a network, but it's growing and even in my town of Waterloo, there is a Guzzi dealer 30 mins away so not bad.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

Personally, I'm not (yet?) into the baggers, although it would be a heck of a lot more conformable on long trips than my naked Guzzi V7. So if I was considering a long tour bagger, I like Victory, so why not? The Freedom® 106 V-Twin is an outstanding engine and I haven't heard anything unreliable about Victory models either.

I'm quite interested in that odd looking blue color version, it looks both "ugh and wow" in the photo, it would be one to see in real life. But that would be the one I'd get. I do GREATLY miss the Victory paint jobs of old, wow, where they something and really set Victory apart from the competition. I'll miss Victory as well, "modern, state-of-the-art, cruiser". Hopefully Indian doesn't rely on it's "heritage" vs innovation.

2017 Victory Cross Country Tour gloss blue fire. Yup, that would be the one I'd get, just love metallic bright colors... especially that Harley-Davidson heavy flake...wow. When I get another bike to replace my Guzzi (one day, that will be hard to do) I'll have to go for a metallic flake pop color or something like that.

Good by Victory, many will miss you... come back soon!

Mike