Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: THIS WEEK: 2017 Victory Cross Country Tour - VOTE TODAY

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Victory Cross Country Tour - Coolness Factor = 66.7%
Featured: June 30th, 2017 - July 7th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54399
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... untry-Tour

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Victory Cross Country Tour

Awesome (3 points) 5
Cool (2 points) 3
Uncool (1 point) 1
Fail (0 point) 2

Total votes: 11+20% non-votes (at least).

= a Coolwall Factor of 66.7%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Direction and indecision. Good words to describe Victory and their last/newest model, the Cross Country Tour. With very mixed results, more so than the votes show. In fact, riders are very mixed on not how to vote but even if they should vote at all (hint: you should always vote).

Victory is gone, for now. Which is a shame, no matter what you think of the brand, more competition is good for the market, is drives innovation, lowers pricing and offers new exciting models for your dollar. Will Indian be as successful as Victory has been? Let's hope it is more successful. Only time and sales will tell.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: THIS WEEK: 2017 Victory Cross Country Tour - VOTE TODAY

#12 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:26 am Wow, nice mileage on the bikes! A little off-topic, but how are you liking the new RG? Would you recommend it versus the 2007?

I'm with you on the national network, although I did go and buy a Guzzi, which doesn't have as big of a network, but it's growing and even in my town of Waterloo, there is a Guzzi dealer 30 mins away so not bad.

Mike
The difference between the 07 and 15 is immense. The 15 has much better handling and noticeably more performance out of the box. My 07 was cammed and the EFI augmented with a Power Commander, but the stock 15 could spank it in all ways. I must admit I am leery of the fly by wire throttle, but so far it has performed flawlessly and I have yet to see one come in the shop with an issue. The EITMS takes a bit of getting used to, as under certain situations it will shut the fuel off to the rear cylinder to keep the temperature down. When that happens at a stoplight, you're essentially sitting astride an 845cc single cylinder bagger and it sounds/feels weird. Maybe I should do a Ride Report on it...?

Confession... the Moto Guzzi California has held the #1 spot on my top three list for decades, fell in love with them back in 1982 when I saw my first one while stationed in Germany. However, each time I was in a financial position to buy one, the importer/dealer network in Canada had folded yet again and none were to be found.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride