Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 - Coolness Factor = 71.9%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... prilia.htm

2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Fun, Easy to Ride, Powerful, Advanced...

THE NAKED BIKE FROM NOALE GROWS IN DISPLACEMENT WITH A NEW EURO 4 TWIN-CYLINDER CAPABLE OF MORE THAN 95 HP AND 90 NM OF TORQUE

NEW PERFORMANCE COMBINED WITH AN ABSOLUTELY TOP SHELF FRAME FOR A RIDEABILITY THAT RAISES THE BAR TO NEW HEIGHTS IN THE NAKED SPORT BIKE SEGMENT

AN INTUITIVE, POWERFUL, AGILE AND TECHNOLOGICAL BIKE IS BORN IN THE BEST APRILIA TRADITION, DEDICATED TO ABSOLUTE RIDING PLEASURE

ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE LIMITED 35 KW POWER VERSION FOR RIDERS WITH AN A2 DRIVER'S LICENSE

As always, Aprilia makes refined mechanics and an excellent chassis structure the winning values on its new bike. The new Aprilia Shiver 900 evolves the original project of a bike that, from its first appearance on the scene in 2007, marked a turning point as the first factory bike fitted with Ride-by-wire technology to manage engine throttle valve electronics. A technological first from Aprilia derived directly from the racing world, the Aprilia Cube, in fact, was the first MotoGP bike to use this technology in 2002 and since then all of the global manufacturers have followed suit.

The Aprilia Shiver 900 increases in performance, thanks to the new 900 V-twin engine, capable of increasing, not only the power, but more importantly, the maximum torque delivered at any rpm at top levels for its category. More power and more character that translate into great riding satisfaction without sacrificing the ease and comfort that have always been characteristics of the Aprilia Shiver. It stems from a bike that has made fledgling and expert riders alike fall in love, thanks to its chassis architecture that, in the best Aprilia tradition, draws on the know-how of a manufacturer that has won 54 world titles in its brief history and that currently has bikes in premier competitions like MotoGP and Superbike.

The new superstructures - side covers on the fuel tank, side panels, tail fairing, front mudguard - that profoundly revamp the aesthetics make the new naked sport bike from Noale stand out at a glance.
The new twin cylinder also stands out for its aggressive features that highlight its distinctly sporty character: the wheel rims, the frame, the shock absorber spring and the cylinder head covers are now painted red.

The instrument cluster is completely new and is now made up of an ultra-modern TFT technology display to ensure that the information is perfectly legible. The large, 4.3" screen (the same one used on the new Aprilia RSV4 and Aprilia Tuono 1100 V4 versions) allows all the on board information to be clear and highly legible at all times, thanks in part to its capacity of adapting the background and font colours based on the conditions detected by the light sensor.
Connectivity with your smartphone, provided as an accessory with the AMP kit, also provides you with all the data related to incoming/current calls on the screen, as well as information related to the use of an intercom or any audio files that you may be playing.

For the first time, the easy to ride, powerful and technologically advanced Aprilia Shiver 900 now has an advanced traction control system that increases safety while taking riding pleasure to maximum levels. From city riding to more flowing routes, from mountain passes to touring itineraries, even long range, Shiver 900 invites you to fasten your helmet and set off in search of the best sensations on two wheels.

2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

A new engine, new power

The new Euro 4 engine grows to 900 cc from the 750 cc on the first version. This increase was achieved thanks to the increased stroke that means the power at the shaft exceeds the threshold of 95 HP and, more importantly, significantly increases torque at medium rpms, all to the advantage of pick up power during acceleration and coming out of corners. The 90 Nm of torque at 6,500 rpm that are consequently obtained guarantee pure fun in the saddle.
Aprilia Shiver 900 is an easy bike to ride even for new bikers, accompanying them in their personal evolution of experience in the saddle. This is why there is also a version available with power limited to 35 KW that can be ridden by A2 class license holders.
The new powerplant maintains the 90 degree angle between the two cylinders, as well as a timing system with four valves per cylinder, dual overhead cam and liquid cooling. On the other hand, it now has a more efficient lubrication circuit and the new Marelli 7SM ECU.

The new Shiver 900 receives the full benefits of Aprilia's extensive experience in electronic control systems and riding support for which the Aprilia RSV4 - the supersport bike that has won seven World SBK titles (three rider and four manufacturer) in its racing version and that is consistently at the top of its category in the street version - is an unrivalled example.
Out of this experience and from this Aprilia technological first, the Shiver 900 features an advanced traction control system that guarantees maximum safety, but also pure brilliant riding enjoyment thanks to the dual control that acts on both ignition and on the motorized throttle valves, making its intervention smooth and easy to manage.
The Ride-by-wire feature, that made its début as standard equipment for a factory bike on none other than the first Shiver version, also changes and evolves. On this latest version, the system becomes lighter thanks to a reduction in weight of more than half a kilo.

The exhaust pipes, one of the characterizing aesthetic elements of the Aprilia Shiver with their placement under the saddle to give the side view of the bike an extremely clean look, have been redesigned. They maintain the original position, but the end of the silencer is shorter and directed upward. The exhaust flow is now directed downward and to the side in order to prevent interference with the passenger and to guarantee greater comfort.

2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN

Engine type Aprilia V90 Longitudinal 90° V-twin engine, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, double overhead camshaft with mixed gear/chain timing system, four valves per cylinder
Fuel Unleaded petrol
Bore and stroke 92 x 56.4 mm
Total engine capacity 896.1 cc
Compression ratio 11 : 1
Maximum power at crankshaft 70 kW (95.2 HP) at 8,750 rpm
Maximum torque at crankshaft 90 Nm (9.17 kgm) at 6,500 rpm
Fuel system Integrated engine management system with Ride-by-Wire.
Ignition Digital electronic, integrated with the injection.
Starter Electric
Exhaust 100% stainless steel 2-in-1 exhaust system with three-way catalytic converter and oxygen sensor
Alternator 450 W at 6,000 rpm
Lubrication Wet sump
Gearbox 6 speeds, drive ratio:
1st 36/14 (2.57)
2nd 32/17 (1.88)
3rd 30/20 (1.5)
4th 28/22 (1.27)
5th 26/23 (1.13)
6th 25/24 (1.04)
Clutch Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
Primary drive Straight cut gears, drive ratio: 38/71 (1:1.87)
Secondary drive Chain. Drive ratio: 16/44
Frame Modular tubular steel frame fastened to aluminium side plates by high strength bolts. Dismountable rear frame.
Front suspension Upside-down fork, stanchions 41, with adjustable hydraulic rebound damping and spring preload. Wheel travel 120 mm.
Rear suspension Aluminium alloy swingarm with stiffening truss.
Hydraulic shock absorber with adjustable extension and spring preload Wheel travel 130 mm.

Brakes Front: Dual 320 mm stainless steel floating discs. Radial, four-piston callipers.
Metal braided brake hose.
Continental two-channel ABS system
Rear: 240 mm stainless steel disc. Single piston calliper. Metal braided brake hose.
Wheel rims Aluminium alloy
Front: 3.50 X 17" Rear: 6.00 X 17"
Tyres Radial tubeless tyres;
front: 120/70 ZR 17
rear: 180/55 ZR 17
Steering angle 25.9°
Tank 15 l

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... prilia.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

NEW for 2017... sort of...

A bit of a mystery here as I was looking at the UK, Canada, USA and Global consumer sites and Aprilia seems to not mention this model other than to us, the press...

So, that's weird. There wasn't an embargo they notified me of, but if so, Piaggio, let me know and I'll take it down...

For now, it's up on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall and NO WHERE else.

Boooo....Ghost bike.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Well, the 2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 might as well be a ghost as it sent a shiver down the back of the comments for this week.... :revv:

Anyways, my thoughts:

I went with Awesome.

Aprilia is one of those motorcycle companies I really, really like. Heck, all of the Piaggio Group is just plain awesome for what they are doing, making and the prices of their bikes. And while I may be partially biased as I own a Guzzi (one of their product lines), it is one of the reasons I bought a Guzzi as well (unique, fun, value). Oh, yes, on to the Shiver.

The Shiver has always been one of my favorite bikes in the 750cc form, and now it is even better in the 900cc version. I believe this is the 4th update to the Shiver. It's amazing to me that Aprilia can price these bikes so competitively and offer so much value for what you get. Would I own one? For sure. But I'm not done yet with my Guzzi V7! Piaggio, keep doing what you are doing as in my books, you are the best.

Speaking of my Guzzi V7, I brought it out of winter hibernation on Monday and had a short (cold) ride on Wednesday... Oh, what fun! Now today it's freezing out with snow falling... argh. Torture.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 - Coolness Factor = 71.9%
Featured: March 31st, 2017 - April 7th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool+

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54286
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... prilia.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 is:

Awesome (3 points) 7
Cool (2 points) 9
Uncool (1 point) 2
Fail (0 point) 1

Total votes: 19

= a Coolwall Factor of 71.9%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Like the Bavarian beer purity law of 1516 (Barley, Hops, water, Yeast) sometimes the best product comes from the purest of ingredients. Piaggio seems to have mastered the recipe by offering uniqueness, value, quality and fun. If you haven't tried an Aprilia, MV Agusta, Moto Guzzi or Piaggio, you might be missing out on something very special. Take the time this year to look at one, you might come away pleasantly surprised.

Mike

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

DennisMartins
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: 1999/hero/splender

Re: 2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 - Coolness Factor = 71.9%

#5 Unread post by DennisMartins »

That's great. I was impressed by your writing. I am happy to see such a topic.