Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 - Coolness Factor = 63.6%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... -CB250.htm

2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 CB250

The Nighthawk is where full-size motorcycling meets small-sized budgets in a lightweight, easy-to-use package.

Lightweight. Dependable. Performance packed. And as easy on your wallet as it is to use. That's the Nighthawk®, our 250cc all-arounder that goes way beyond what typically defines an intro bike (although it is peerless in that respect). Whether a total beginner or a seasoned vet, the Nighthawk offers every rider the perfect combination of performance, Honda reliability, and perhaps best of all, value.

Features & Benefits

New for 2008

- New Black color

Engine/Drivetrain

- Twin-cylinder 234cc SOHC engine offers plenty of smooth, easy-to-use power.

- Large cylinder fins for efficient engine cooling.

- Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.

- Single 26mm CV carburetor offers crisp throttle response throughout the rpm range.

- CD ignition requires no maintenance.

- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.

- Good-looking and quiet chrome exhaust system.

- Simple, easily adjustable cable-operated clutch and easy-shifting five-speed transmission.

- Durable O-ring drive chain.

Chassis/Suspension

- Single-cradle steel frame is lightweight and strong.

- 31mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.

- Dual rear shocks offer five-position preload adjustability for varying loads and conditions.

- Powerful drum brakes front and rear.

- Lightweight wire spoke wheels with chrome rims.

- High-quality tires offer excellent traction and long life.

Additional Features

- Relaxed standard riding position and ergonomically designed seat offer a high level of riding comfort for both rider and passenger.

- Large 4.3-gallon fuel capacity and outstanding fuel economy offer excellent cruising range.

- Round halogen headlight.

- Low seat height of just 29.3 inches.

- Easy-to-read instrumentation includes a handy tripmeter.

- Convenient steering lock for added security.

- Dual mirrors.

- Maintenance-free battery.

- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.

- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.

Available Honda Genuine Accessories

- Touring Accessories: Tank Pad.

- Chrome Accessories: Backrest.

- Additional accessories: Cycle Cover.

Specifications USA

Model: CB250

Engine Type: 234cc air-cooled vertical twin-cylinder

Bore and Stroke: 53mm x 53mm

Compression Ratio: 9.2:1

Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder

Induction: Single 26mm CV carburetor

Ignition: CDI

Transmission: Five-speed

Final Drive: O-ring chain

Suspension
Front: 31mm fork; 4.8 inches travel
Rear: Dual rear shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel

Brakes
Front: Drum
Rear: Drum

Tires
Front: 90/100-18
Rear: 120/90-16

Wheelbase: 56.3 inches

Seat Height: 29.3 inches

Fuel Capacity: 4.3 gallons, including 0.8-gallon reserve

Color: Black

Curb Weight*: 315 pounds

*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.

Meets current EPA standards.

California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... -CB250.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

From the far future to the far past. The CB250 Nighthawk.

This week's bike was "somewhat" suggested by NorthernPete with his Yamaha SR250; I don't have those specs from 1982, but the CB250 fills the gap nicely (A small, light, do-it-all...)

Tron, 1982... Are those CB250's in there? LOL

Enjoy,

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

I've seen a lot of 250's and 185's during my visits to the Philippines, but apart from the Ninja 250, I've rarely if ever seen them in North America or the UK.......just too small for our roads and tastes I guess. The size is perfect the urban and rural streets in the South East Asia region, where it is not unusual to see them dragooned into service as taxi's, delivery vehicles carry incrediable loads, and family "cars" with half a dozen people on board. Basically rather robust machines, decent fuel economy and fairly simple to repair and maintain. The only thing I don't get with a circa 2008 machine, is why are they are using drum brakes up front? I still remember how sloppy the brake on my old CM400 courier machine were and how happy I was when I upgraded to a KZ550 with a front disk brake........I would of given it an awesome, just for the utility and versitily of these machine give to those in the developing world.....however due to the continued use of a front drum brake, can only score it cool.
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#4 Unread post by faded sun »

Mike! the only missing is the MSRP! That would make everybody groan for missing the good old days. I remember very fondly the big brother of this machine, the Nighthawk 450 I had that was bulletproof. Like my ST now it just ran and ran and ran. only thing I did was change the oil and tires.

Why Mother Honda is where she is.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#5 Unread post by markdcoco »

I believe this one originally sold for $3,699

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#6 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I love my 250 for what I use it for. Hop to work, buzz around town here and there and hit up the hoghway around here (90km/h speed limit 2 lane, only have to worry about being blown over by a logging truck)

While the Honda is slightly different with it being a twin, it's a nice looking bike that was easy on the wallet by the looks of it.

I think people should give little bikes a chance, they'll suprized you. :)

Awesome
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#7 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Also got to love the fact that "two mirrors" is a feature. Lol
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

NorthernPete wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 pm Also got to love the fact that "two mirrors" is a feature. Lol
That made me laugh... lol. :laughing:

faded sun wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:49 pm Mike! the only missing is the MSRP! That would make everybody groan for missing the good old days
At time of press, MSRP sometimes isn't available and TBH, I do go back and edit the models to include the MSRP, but sometimes I forget which ones don't have it to go back and edit it in. Other times, the manufacturer never updates the MSRP or even has one. Crazy.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

The bike is cool, but the idea is awesome. How can you vote fail or hate on a great starter bike like this? The whole idea of it is to get a rider into our sport, to get them on the road to enjoy themselves. The CB250 Nighthawk is basic, but it's cheap to buy and fun to run. 2 mirrors and even has a Round halogen headlight! Wow. Cool beans!

If I may ask a favor, if you are at a bike meet and see someone riding a starter 100-300cc bike with new gear, go up to them and say Hi and how cool their bike is. They will love that.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 - Coolness Factor = 63.6%
Featured: March 31st, 2017 - April 7th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54279
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... -CB250.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 is:

Awesome (3 points) 7
Cool (2 points) 8
Uncool (1 point) 5
Fail (0 point) 2

Total votes: 22

= a Coolwall Factor of 63.6%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: A little old' story: After I left the Canadian ARMY in 1991, I decided to get a motorcycle and live a little. Even then, I was honestly nervous about starting out, I knew no one who rode, didn't drive and my dad was injured in a motorcycle accent long ago. So my first bike was critical choice to the length of my riding career (now in its 26th year). The CB250 is such an important bike, it is one of the best bikes to learn on. Yes, a new rider will outgrow it as it gets passed to the next new rider, but that's a good thing, it means the experienced rider enjoyed riding and is taking the next step. Start too big of a bike and more-often-than-not, it's a very short riding career (fear or injury).

Something to think about next time you see a new rider sporting a starter bike. Let them know they made a great choice and welcome them to the riding family.

Mike

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!
[/quote]