totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

It was hard to choose between Cool and Uncool. So I went Uncool.

For me, I donno, they are so unique that I think either you like them or you don't. Maybe it comes from the early 80's "home made" garage type trikes that were more death traps than actually bikes. They were just plain horrific in everyway. So today's trikes are light-years more advanced, but in my mind, are kinda uncool still versus a side-car hack...

With that, comes the price... OMG, "How much!?!?" Ya, and that's me laughing while I run away from the dealership.

all that aside, if you NEED TO HAVE a trike, say you are older or disabled, then hey, more power to you for owning one. If someone sees you can't ride a bike but ride a trike, that's KUDO'S to you my friend and I want to be you then if I was in your shoes. In which case, the Trike goes from Uncool to Awesome.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra - VOTE NOW

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra - Coolness Factor = 47.4%
Featured: March 10th, 2017 - March 17th, 2017
Most popular vote category: TIE Cool/Uncool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54258
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Ultra.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra is:

Awesome (3 points) 2
Cool (2 points) 7
Uncool (1 point) 7
Fail (0 point) 3

Total votes: 19

= a Coolwall Factor of 47.4%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way:
Better shaken than stirred. 2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra seems to have left a bitter after taste, not because it's a Harley-Davidson, but because a three wheeler just isn't as "accepted" as a two wheeler. It is like showing up in your cool car on bike night, it just doesn't fit in that well with that crowd.

Other negative points was the huge cost of it... you could buy 2 or 3 Harley-Davidson's for the same price. Then there is the questionable handling... It's not Harley-Davidson's fault (maybe the price) per-se, it's just not the right crowd.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.