Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Honda Shadow Phantom - Coolness Factor = 50.0%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Honda Shadow Phantom on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... hantom.htm

2017 Honda Shadow Phantom on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

The Minimalist...

The Shadow Phantom® celebrates the joy of back-to-basics motorcycling by delivering a V-twin ride packing a uniquely clean and uncluttered appearance. Check out the minimalist look and extensive blackout treatment that bring your eyeballs back to that very cool 745cc V-twin engine, featuring the convenience and sophistication of Programmed Fuel Injection. By staking out the low-profile approach to cool, the Shadow Phantom reinforces the idea that bling ain't everything in a bike.

This bike doesn’t need shiny colors and excess chrome to make its presence known.

We like to leave that to its blacked-out 745cc V-twin engine and its commanding, throaty exhaust.

The Phantom is finished off with spoked wheels on black rims, tough front fork, bobbed fenders and matte silver highlights.

No matter if you’re cruising the boulevard or taking a weekend trip, you’re going to be comfortable with the Phantom’s slightly more upright seating position. Here’s something that’s going to make you feel even more comfortable, the Phantom’s low price tag. It’s time to make your move and get on a Honda Phantom.

Feel the V-Twin Power

The Shadow Phantom’s 745cc V-twin engine features Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), ensuring easy cold-weather starting and seamless, all-condition fuel delivery.

Style That Stands Apart.

Black engine, frame, rims and handlebar—all ever-so-perfectly accented with matte silver highlights—that’s the Phantom’s trademark look. It’s a machine everyone is going to take seriously.

Engineered for the Long Run

The Phantom’s durable and virtually maintenance-free shaft final drive ensures smooth, dependable power delivery to the asphalt. No hassles, just smooth, quiet power

2017 Honda Shadow Phantom www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

Impressive power

745 cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.

2017 Honda Shadow Phantom - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $7699 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $9099 CDN

ENGINE
Engine Type 745cc liquid-cooled 52 degrees V-twin
Bore And Stroke 79mm x 76mm
Induction PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34mm throttle body
Ignition Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Valve Train SOHC; three valves per cylinder
DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive Shaft
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front Brake Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear Brake Drum
Front Tire 120/90-17
Rear Tire 160/80-15
DIMENSIONS
Rake 34 degrees (Caster Angle)
Trail 161mm (6.3 inches)
Wheelbase 64.6 inches
Seat Height 25.8 inches
Curb Weight 549 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel
ready to ride.)
Fuel Capacity 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Miles Per Gallon
56 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission
measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your
actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle,
weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and
passenger weight, and other factors.
OTHER
Emissions
Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current California Air
Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions
equipment.
Available Colors Matte Black Metallic
Model ID VT750C2B
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with
a Honda Protection Plan.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Honda Shadow Phantom - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Not a new model this week, but, and you might find this surprising, the last of a dying breed of bikes, the Cruiser. Just a few years ago, Honda had over twice as many Cruiser/Cruiser Touring models than they do today, in fact many of the manufacturers in 2017 are also reducing their Cruiser line as well (minus Harley-Davidson, of course) as Adventure/Dual Sport, Naked, Scrambler bikes really start to take over sales. Even sportbikes are not as many as they were before...

In 2027, if you are looking for a good used 10 year old Cruiser or Sportbike, good luck.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

Uncool, it's trying to damned hard to be a HD, Indian or Victory......
Always ask why.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#4 Unread post by markdcoco »

Not exactly sure what it is trying to be, but it truly is an over-achiever at boring.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It may be just another cruiser....but it is suitable for a solo rider who doesn't want to get overpowered. There are still plenty of people entering into motorcycling who would like this bike.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#6 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I'm sure it's not a bad bike (it's a Honda after all). But it's just so . . . uninteresting.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went against the grain and voted: Awesome

I really like the idea of "celebrates the joy of back-to-basics motorcycling" Honda has designed into it. It surely won't turn heads at a bike night, but it is unmistakably a Honda and the "Honda generic cruiser design" has been around for a long time. In fact, I think others are taking the design cues from Honda here rather than the other way around as the Honda Shadow Phantom hasn't changed since introduced (9?) years ago.... but that isn't a bad thing, nor is it a good thing... hmmm. Maybe I should have voted Cool instead. haha.

I just noticed the Honda Shadow Phantom doesn't even offer ABS, something it seems is on every bike today... makes me wonder if Honda is going to update this next year, keep it on (like the Honda Rebel 250) forever or retire it (like they have for so many of their cruiser line).

Other than the looks of it, it's super reliable, nicely priced (for a Honda) and at 750cc, is a great cruiser to move up to that won't offend anyone. That's pretty awesome.

If you want a new cruiser, you are defiantly running out of options.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Honda Shadow Phantom - Coolness Factor = 50.0%
Featured: February 24th, 2017 - March 3rd, 2017
Most popular vote category: TIE Cool/Uncool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54227
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... hantom.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Honda Shadow Phantom is:

Awesome (3 points) 2
Cool (2 points)8
Uncool (1 point) 8
Fail (0 point) 2

10% Total votes: 20

= a Coolwall Factor of 50.0%

Notes: The 2017 Honda Shadow Phantom is ironically like it's name, it doesn't stand out, blends in and haunts back to a decade ago when cruisers were really in. But that isn't a bad thing in itself, it's reliable, it's a back-to-basics bike and will appeal to any rider who wants an non-offending cruiser. Riders generally want heart-over-head when it comes to bikes, I know I do. What about you?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!