Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: TOTAL MOTORCYCLE COOL WALL - 2017 RESULTS

#41 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Zero SR - Coolness Factor = 64.3%
Featured: October 20th, 2017 - October 27th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54522
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... -sr-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Zero SR

Awesome 3
Cool 9
Uncool 0
Fail 2

Total votes: 14

= a Coolwall Factor of 64.3%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: The End or The Beginning? We live in a world where things change and today change rapid. We want change. We want to know we are doing the right thing. We want it not tomorrow but today. The question to ask is what do we lose with rapid change? Motorcycle's have been slow to evolve, it took decades for most bikes to get disc-brakes, another 10-20 years before fuel injection, another 10 years for ABS, 10 more for traction control, riding modes and today, 7 speed automatic transmissions and Apple CarPlay. Electric bikes just 20 years ago were more a "garage build/pipe-dream", today they are here. They offer simplification, low running costs, faster acceleration, but without the sound, noise, shake or dare I say, offer the personality/character of the ancient calculator or iPhone X?

Will we see a hybrid gas/electric motorcycle? Will gas motorcycles die off? How will change affect a sport that is very much built on senses? All good questions.

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: "Like it or not and all pro/con arguments aside, this IS the future. " - Gummiente
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male

#42 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Yamaha NIKEN - Coolness Factor = 30.6%
Featured: October 27th, 2017 - November 3rd, 2017
Most popular vote category: Fail

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54529
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ken-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Yamaha NIKEN

Awesome 4
Cool 3
Uncool 3+1
Fail 12+1

Total votes: 22

= a Coolwall Factor of 30.6%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: Stand out or Stand Back? The new 2018 Yamaha NIKEN drew a lot of discussion this week on the Cool Wall as Yamaha drops a "shock bomb" on the populace. Even I don't know what say about it, other than it's VERY different and unique. Revolutionary for sure. What do you think?

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: "Drag it out on to the street, beat it with a club, stone it with rocks and then burn it with fire until it is nothing more then a bad memory and a melted pool of metal and plastic..." - Ceemes

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#43 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour Automatic DCT - Coolness Factor = 92.2%
Featured: November 3rd, 2017 - November 10th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54539
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... dct-review

And now the results of your votes for the 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour Automatic DCT

Awesome 14

Cool 2

Uncool 1

Fail 0

Total votes: 16

= a Coolwall Factor of 92.2%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: Wow. 92.2% Cool. Am I reading that right (I had to double check). I can't believe this but the 2018 Honda Gold Wing rockets up to 1st Place as THE COOLEST BIKE OF 2017 (thus far). Beating out the 2017 BMW S1000RR which was voted 88.3% Cool way back in Feb 10th to Feb 17th, 2017. A Gold Wing, #1 Cool Wall bike. Again, wow. Way to go Honda!! We still have another 6 bikes to go for the 2017 Cool Wall... will the 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour Automatic DCT finish #1? Can anything be Cooler than a Gold Wing? Maybe. This week, it goes up against the new 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS... retro cool with a force.

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: "the changes to the 2018 will be the prime reason I sell my RT and purchase a new Goldwing." - Markdecoco

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#44 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Kawasaki Z900RS SE - Coolness Factor = 90.9%
Featured: November 10th, 2017 - November 17th, 2017

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54541
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... -se-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS SE

Awesome 16
Cool 6
Uncool 0
Fail 0

Total votes: 22

= a Coolwall Factor of 90.9%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: Amazing retro. It is not just that it looks retro, it is the skillful implementation of the design and technology to not spoil the heritage appearance. If you had ANY positive connection to 70s/80s UJMs and you love the looks of the new Z900RS, then you deserve to own this bike. There are some cons (small tank, could be a little better priced), maybe you are not a fan of the color scheme, but again, if you have a connection, these cons will disappear as the miles roll by. I was a little worried Kawasaki was not going to bring any of the new retro Z900s to North America as the ZRX1100R/1200R sales were slow, I hope the Z900RS sells like hot cakes.

For those interested, the new Z900RS finished #2 as our Cool Wall bike so far, missing the #1 bike, the new Honda Gold Wing, by 1 awesome vote.

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: This week's comment is actually a video:

- Markdecoco

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#45 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Ducati Panigale V4 - Coolness Factor = 81.8%
Featured: November 17th, 2017 - November 24th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Awesome?

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54548
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... -v4-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Awesome 7
Cool 2
Uncool 2
Fail 0

Total votes: 11

= a Coolwall Factor of 81.8%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: The unloved Ducati. There I said it and based on the lack of comments, so did everyone else. I feel riders (and Ducati owner too) really want to love the new Panigale V4; Ducati's Panigale 1299 replacement, but like eating too big a piece of pasta, it can be hard to swallow. While the votes did mark it "awesome" and the score of 81.8% is indeed great, I really have to question why you would buy a 1299 over say a MV Agusta F4; I just don't see the point. Love the new Ducati V4 engine, but I feel, somehow, Ducati laid an egg, we all just don't want that to be true.

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: "Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, that is all I can say." - Zrex

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#46 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 - Coolness Factor = 71.4%
Featured: November 24th, 2017 - December 8th, 2017

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54553
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... 701-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701

Awesome 6
Cool 5
Uncool 2
Fail 1

Total votes: 14

= a Coolwall Factor of 71.4%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: Unique, different, but will owners find it lovingly flawed? 1 cylinder engine, tiny odd 12l tank, weird seat, (maybe) a single disc upfront doesn't make mass market appeal, but maybe Husqvarna doesn't care, they want to be unique and different. The first street bike by Husqvarna in 10 years and definitely one of the new "must see" bikes at any Motorcycle Show.

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: " I want one. If only to drive something I thought only made chain saws." - Northern Pete

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#47 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 BMW F750GS - Coolness Factor = 52.4%
Featured: December 8th, 2017 - December 22nd, 2017

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54558
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... 0gs-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 BMW F750GS

Awesome 0
Cool 4
Uncool 3
Fail 0

Total votes: 7

= a Coolwall Factor of 52.4%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: Better than good, it's average! First, I think it is great that BMW is continually updating its models and especially the mid-sized class, like the F750GS. 77hp is all you really need to do anything you want in a light, agile bike. Tour, go on day trips, commute. The Parallel Twin engine design is good, not the best, but good for torque and horsepower with (some) reduction in vibration. But it is good for fuel economy. Riders are concerned about the BMW price of the bike, will it be competitive? Lots of questions to still be answered with a very average 52% rating on the table.

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: "It has the potential to be 'cool' but not how I voted. It actually seems a little boring when compared to many of the other naked rides available." - Markdcoco

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#48 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

7th Annual, TOP 10 BIKES OF 2017 - Readers Choice Awards
Featured: December 22nd, 2017 - January 5th, 2018

And now, the TOP 3 COOLEST BIKES OF 2017 - READER'S CHOICE AWARDS, AS VOTED BY YOU:

#1: 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS SE
#2: 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour Automatic DCT
#3 TIE: 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special
#3 TIE: 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber

and the runner ups:

#5: 2017 Ural Ambassador
#6 TIE: 2018 Kawasaki Z900
#6 TIE: 2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
#8: 2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition
#9: 2018 2017 BMW S1000RR
#10 (out of 50 bikes): Ducati Panigale V4

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: What a great two weeks of voting over the holidays. With over 50 bikes to vote from in 2017 it wasn't easy to see who the winner would be at the end of the year! Did anyone guess Kawasaki would smash it out of the park in the 9th inning with the surprise release of the Z900RS? What an amazing bike, just wow. How about that 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour coming in at #2? Amazing; honestly, I didn't ever expect to see a Gold Wing in the Top 3 list! Way to go Honda. And the tie for 3rd place went to two really awesome retro motorcycles, 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special and the 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber, you couldn't go wrong owning either, both are chock full of character, style and class!

Our runners up proved to be quiet and interesting mix. It is the first year (in 7) that we didn't have a cruiser finish in our top 10 and it wasn't like I didn't have cruisers up over the year. A few years ago I started to see the down-trend in cruisers, maybe we will see a cruiser resurgence again in the near future. Lots of sport and sportbikes in our runners up, the surprise for me was the #10 (out of 50 bikes): Ducati Panigale V4... I really thought that might have challenged first place from the media/rider hype on its launch, goes to show, hype is fickle.

Thanks again for everyone who voted (and will still vote) on the Cool wall and for supporting it. It's fun, let's keep it growing. - Mike

Riders, visitors, members, Romans, gather around, it is that exciting time of year again to vote for YOUR choices for the COOLEST BIKE of 2017 from every bike (over 50 models) we all voted on in 2017.

Have a favorite? Did a one bikes you really love finish lower than top spot? Well, here is your chance to up vote 4 bikes (please vote for 3) that you think are the top 3!

INTRODUCING THE TOP 10 BIKES FOR 2017 TO VOTE ON:

2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour Automatic DCT on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... dct-review

7-SPEED DCT AND TRAVEL TRUNK.

2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour Automatic DCT Review on Total Motorcycle:

The three 2018 Gold Wing Tour models—Gold Wing Tour, Gold Wing Tour DCT, and Gold Wing Tour DCT Airbag—are the modern interpretation of the classic Gold Wing, the ultimate long-distance touring machine, but with highly improved performance capabilities. Each of these models features saddlebags and a top case, as well as a tall electrically adjustable windscreen, front and rear speakers, and electrically adjustable suspension.

2018 Kawasaki Z900RS SE on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... -se-review

TRUE SPIRIT.

2018 Kawasaki Z900RS SE Review on Total Motorcycle:

Introducing Kawasaki’s long-awaited retro sport model. Conceived in homage to the legendary Z1, the newest Z is a synthesis of the traditional and the modern. An engine with a traditional In-Line Four configuration is backed by Kawasaki’s latest rider support technology. For riders searching for a bike with character and a rich history, the Z900RS offers both in abundance, while providing an opportunity to slow down, look around and enjoy the simple things that life can bring.

There’s no place for fake in the lifestyle you choose. Kawasaki alone has the heritage to deliver yesterday’s values to today’s riders in a truly authentic Modern Classic bike. The visceral spirit of a 1970s legend – Kawasaki’s original king of cool Z1 – finds expression in the Z900RS, to satisfy the very essence of the rider you are now.

2017 BMW S1000RR on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1000RR.htm

2017 BMW S1000RR on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

The new BMW S 1000 RR – virtually perfect yet still optimized...

Supreme riding dynamics, athletic character combined with maximum safety and everyday practicality – these are the defining characteristics of the BMW Motorrad 4-cylinder models. For the model year 2017, the supersport bike S 1000 RR has undergone the following model revisions.

2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... pecial.htm

THE THIRD GENERATION TO CELEBRATE THE FIFTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY...

To celebrate the fifty year anniversary of the first model, Moto Guzzi introduces the V7 III. The third generation of the Moto Guzzi that is known and loved all over the world has been completely revamped: every detail has been fine-tuned to maximise owner satisfaction and riding pleasure, leaving the originality and authenticity typical of this iconic motorcycle unaltered.

V7 is one of the most celebrated and well-known Moto Guzzi models. This world fame is due to its ability to remain faithful to the expectations and reputation of a legendary brand like Moto Guzzi. Since 1967, the year the first units were sold in Italy, the V7 became a pillar of the product range and the representative of the Italian motorcycle par excellence, standing out for its content and design, highly popular with a truly transversal and varied public.

Fifty years later, Moto Guzzi introduces the third act of a first work: V7 III. The challenge of introducing a new version of such a famous motorcycle with such a rich heritage and so much success is one of the most difficult, considering the fact that the V7, the brand's best-seller since 2009, constitutes the Moto Guzzi entry-level bike, dedicated to both women and men, in addition to young people who want to proudly own one of the most iconic Mandello del Lario production motorcycles.

As was the case with the V7 II compared with the first-born V7, for the V7 III the revamping is profound enough to merit a new progressive number in Roman numerals, that has always distinguished the most popular and long-lasting Moto Guzzi bikes, such as the Le Mans and the California. V7 III is the result of Moto Guzzi's modern passion and courage, able and skilled in renewing its best-seller, leaving the character and authenticity unaltered, two values that are destined to weather the test of time.

2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ion-review

SIMPLY STUNNING.

2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition REVIEW BY TOTAL MOTORCYCLE

With the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition, Ducati pays tribute to the twin-cylinder engine that has made Superbike World Championship history. From Marco Lucchinelli’s first victory on 3rd April 1988 with the 851 (in the first-ever world championship for modified production models) to the stunning 2017 wins by Chaz Davies and Marco Melandri on the Panigale R, the Bologna-built twin-cylinder has long been a winner in SBK. Desmoquattro, Testastretta, Superquadro: over three decades, the Ducati-designed twin-cylinder 4-valve engine with Desmodromic timing has gone from strength to strength, powering bikes that have made Supersport history. Motorcycles that have won no less than 330 World Superbike Championship races. From the 851 to the Panigale R – and the 888, 916, 996, 998, 999, 1098, 1198 and 1199 in between them – the Bologna-built twin has always been as successful on the track as it has on the supersport market. Now, the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition pays homage to the great Ducati superbike tradition by combining best-ever twin-cylinder engine performance with a racing-derived chassis set-up.

2017 Ural Ambassador on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ssador.htm

2017 Ural Ambassador on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

In honor of our 75th anniversary we’d like to introduce our newest limited edition, the Ural Ambassador...

Inspired by the extraordinary world travelers and storytellers who chose to brave the adventure and explore the world by sidecar. Our Ural Ambassador is the envoy of good will, a perfect vehicle to connect with people from all walks of life, explore foreign terrains and start a conversation with perfect strangers no matter where the road takes you.

75 years of ups and downs in world affairs couldn’t change one thing – the iconic Urals keep circling the globe, bringing out smiles, creating special bonds and reminding us that adventuring together is better. Here’s to all the Ural Ambassadors already out there, exploring, connecting and sharing the Ural story.

2018 Ducati Panigale V4 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... -v4-review

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE.

2018 Ducati Panigale V4 REVIEW BY TOTAL MOTORCYCLE

A bike that begins an exciting new chapter in the Ducati story, a new “symphony” of all-Italian performance and emotion. The Panigale V4 is the first mass-produced Ducati bike to mount a four-cylinder engine, derived directly from the MotoGP Desmosedici. It’s a concentrate of Ducati technology, style and performance. With an engine displacement of 1,103 cm3, 214 hp and a power/weight ratio of 1.1 hp/kg, this bike sets a new standard in the supersport production bike segment.

The Panigale V4 replaces the iconic 1299 at the top of the Ducati supersport range, doing so by enhancing performance and ridability so that riders of all skill levels can enjoy boundless fun and excitement. The Panigale V4 has been developed in close collaboration with Ducati Corse, drawing directly on know-how and technology from the racing world to provide a road bike that is the closest thing possible to its MotoGP counterpart.

2018 Kawasaki Z900 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... 900-review

EASY TO RIDE. SUPER EXCITING.

2018 Kawasaki Z900 Review on Total Motorcycle:

The new Z900 epitomizes Kawasaki’s belief of what the ideal supernaked bike should be. Every twist of the throttle is rewarded with crisp, exhilarating acceleration, and an ultra-lightweight chassis lends itself to spirited sport riding. Designed for maximum riding pleasure, this sublime balance of power and handling make the z900 exceptionally exciting and easy to ride.

The Z900 motorcycle epitomizes Kawasaki’s belief of what the ideal supernaked bike should be. Every twist of the throttle is rewarded with crisp, exhilarating acceleration and an ultra-lightweight chassis lends itself to spirited sport riding. Designed for maximum riding pleasure, this sublime balance of power and handling make the Z900 exceptionally exciting and easy to ride.​

With a smooth powerband that becomes more exciting as the revs rise, a light and nimble chassis, and distinctive Sugomi-inspired styling, the Z900 continues the Kawasaki legacy of creating legendary 900cc-class machines whose performance surpasses that of many full liter-class motorcycles.

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Bobber.htm

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Review

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Unparalleled heritage, stunning custom style...

The latest addition to the Bonneville family, Triumph introduces the all-new premium custom Bonneville Bobber. Born in a unparalleled bloodline of Triumph bobber customs that stretch all the way back to the 1940’s it perfectly encapsulates the minimalist styling principles, muscular stance and purposeful engineering attitude of a genuine bobber.

Stripping the Bonneville T120 back to its purest essence it delivers all the hallmarks of a real bobber, with clean lines and low stance, single seat, wide flat bars, minimal bodywork and headlight, sculpted tank, wire spoked wheels with wide rear wheel and that all-important hard tail look.

The latest addition to the Bonneville family, Triumph introduces the all-new premium custom Bonneville Bobber. Born in a unparalleled bloodline of Triumph bobber customs that stretch all the way back to the 1940’s it perfectly encapsulates the minimalist styling principles, muscular stance and purposeful engineering attitude of a genuine bobber.

2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000R on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... GSX-R1000R

2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000R on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

The King of Sportbikes is back, bow to the King…

It has been three decades, with more than a million editions sold, since the GSX-R line was born. And a decade and a half has elapsed since the first GSX-R1000 transformed the open sportbike class forever. Now, the 2017 GSX-R1000R is redefining what it means to be The King of Sportbikes.

This motorcycle’s chassis forms the lightest, the most compact, the most aerodynamic and the best-handling GSX-R1000 ever. Cradled in the new aluminum frame is an all-new engine that uses an exclusive Variable Valve Timing and Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies for a wide spread of power while delivering smooth and precise throttle response.