High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: This Week: 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by High_Side »

Hanson wrote:I would consider Moto GP riders to have significant skills.

Safe Travels,
Richard Hanson
Excellent post. We need a "like" button!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I'm back. (anyone miss me?). We just did a big cross-country move from Calgary, Alberta to Waterloo, Ontario. Drove the 4 days to get here, was a great trip and we are indeed lucky to live (or to ride) in such a beautifully diverse country, like Canada and the USA. Moving truck still in transit and hopefully I can get off the air mattress and onto a real bed soon!!

For the Tuono V4, absolutely love it myself, but like many here, I don't share the joy of fancy electronics between me and the road. It's one of the reasons I love my '13 Guzzi V7 so much, just me and the road, no ABS, no traction control, launch control or other do-dads, it's even a honest air-cooled only engine. But that doesn't mean I don't miss those options either, there are some times under hard acceleration that I'll brake my rear tire loose in 2nd gear or lock the rear up at a stop, thus the V7II has all that and more. As Rossi says, it's a different riding era to have an analogue motorcycle, one that has nearly ended. Some may say this is a good thing, but I'll miss it, it honed my riding skills to what they are today BECAUSE I got to ride an analogue bike and one era I wouldn't trade.

I do agree, as bikes get more and more powerful they are getting harder to control and it is quickly becoming a necessary evil... AT LEAST we still have manual transmissions available and they haven't gone away like they are in cars! In fact, for all our new and fancy bike electronics, we are still behind in safety on a bike vs a car, but over the last 10 years we are really catching up in some fronts.

That said, I think the Tuono looks great, offers a ton of great features and at a really great price. Lovely engine too. A++

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:
Hanson wrote:I would consider Moto GP riders to have significant skills.

Safe Travels,
Richard Hanson
Excellent post. We need a "like" button!

Working on it. As soon as the new Web 2.0/3.0 website conversion is done, we should have it (or something like it).

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR - Coolness Factor = 78.8%
Featured: October 14th to October 21st, 2016
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53741
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1100RR.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR is:

Awesome (3 points) 55% [ 6 ]
Cool (2 points) 36% [ 4 ]
Uncool (1 point) 0% [ 0 ]
Fail (0 point) 9% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 11

= a Coolwall Factor of 78.8%

Notes: An absolutely outstanding discussion this week with the 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR! While the votes where low (that's my fault, I was away moving and I couldn't update the main page), the discussion was HOT, HOT, HOT. And not just about the Tuono, but also about the future of motorcycle electronics, nanny systems and where things are headed. Is this truly the end of the era of analog riding?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!