Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 - Coolness Factor = 77.3%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... R-LH44.htm

2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Legendary...

Lewis Hamilton and the Dragster RR have much in common. They are both radical and extreme as regards style, are obsessive about detail, exuberant, bold and fear no rivals. They share the same winning nature and desire for the absolute. Together, they form an irresistible force which, summed up in just a few letters, will become legendary: Dragster RR LH 44.

The intrinsic value of a hand-built Dragster RR featuring special parts and finishes will now be even higher as a collector's item. Never before has an F1 champion participated directly in the creation of a new motorbike, and the fact that it was an MV Agusta speaks volumes.

Lewis Hamilton was in very close contact with Castiglioni Research Centre for several months as they chose details, finishes and very exclusive accessories. The graphics are a good example: the pearl white colour scheme and panther logo are taken from his helmet, while 44 is his race number, which decorates the front and side of the bike, not to mention the ignition key.

The bike features countless examples of true craftsmanship, ranging from the Alcantara quilt pattern saddle to numerous parts made from Ergal (brake lever, handlebars, fuel filler cap, brake pump cover) with a special anodised red finish on the logos, frame, footpegs and spectacular spoked wheels. Other features of the Dragster RR LH44 include adjustable clip-on bars finished in matt black like the side stand, frame and footpeg plates.

Like an F1 car, most of the bodywork on the LH44 is made from carbon fibre with a matt 3K finish. This highly expensive, exotic material was used to make the front and rear mudguards, the screen, air box and side covers, exhaust heat shields, gear box and swingarm covers and sprocket guard. The similarities with F1 extend to the front of the bike, which is dominated by the race number 44 (incorporated into the limited edition ID plate on the 244 bikes) as well as the panther and Hamilton's signature.

2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

In detail, the main features of MV Agusta Dragster RR LH 44:

•In-line three-cylinder engine, 798 cc
•Bore 79.0 mm, stroke 54.3 mm
•Maximum power 140 HP-EC (103 kW) at 13,100 rpm
•Maximum torque 86 Nm at 10,100 rpm
•Rev limiter at 13,200 rpm
•Dry weight 168 kg
•Power-to-weight ratio 1.19 kg/HP
•Tyres Pirelli DIABLO Rosso II 120/70 - ZR 17 (front) and 200/50 – ZR 17 (rear)

AVAILABLE IN COLORS:
•WHITE ICE PEARL / METAL BLACK CARBON

2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

ENGINE

Universally acknowledged as the modern benchmark for in-line 3 cylinder power units, the MV Agusta engine requires no introduction: it is pure Italian technology at its best, energy that continues to evolve. In fact, MV Agusta has taken an already exemplary bike and fine tuned it even further. Like every RR, the Dragster just “has to” offer something more. Hence the most powerful engine in its category. Developed from the 3- cylinder engine that powers the Brutale 800 and Brutale Dragster 800, this most recent 3-cylinder version unleashes 140 hp and puts out Superbike- like revs (maximum power is achieved at 13,100 rpm), making the Brutale 800 Dragster RR not just uniquely eye-catching but also placing it beyond the reach of its competitors in the same segment. Don't waste your time looking: the only place you'll find another equally powerful 3-cylinder 800 engine is on another MV Agusta, the F3 800. To build an engine as light and compact as possible. To combine racing performance with outstanding rideability. These were the goals that MV developers set for themselves when they designed the 3-cylinder engine range: goals that the Brutale 800 Dragster RR engine achieves admirably. Weighing in at just 52 kg and being extremely compact despite the displacement, the in-line 3-cylinder engine optimises weight distribution while the counterrotating crankshaft - a solution never before adopted on standard production models - enhances the dynamic performance of the Brutale 800 Dragster RR. These are characteristics that make this engine the best example of Italian engineering excellence and one of the most advanced triples in the world.

The constant quest for perfection in every detail has led to the development of a new hydraulic chain tensioner, which makes the engine both quieter and more reliable. For an engine that is not an F3 800 offshoot but the evolution of the 3-cylinder unit mounted on the Dragster, the configuration on the Brutale 800 Dragster RR is the most powerful ever to go into production. The 140 hp at 13,100 rpm are achieved in part because of the fully redesigned airbox and an optimised, more efficient exhaust system. Changes have also been made to the electronic injection, which has an advanced sixinjector system (two per cylinder, instead of the single injector used on other Brutale models): a reshaped fuel tank interior provides the necessary space and keeps everything hidden from view. The resulting power delivery is linear at low revs and explosive at high revs, giving the three-cylinder engine eye-watering acceleration, which ends only at 13,200 rpm when the rev limiter kicks in. Power is not the only thing to have been given a considerable boost: torque has also been raised, from 81 to 86 Nm. Figures like that clearly illustrate the impressive individuality of this revamped MV Agusta 3-cylinder engine. The removable 6-speed gearbox was naturally maintained - another solution taken from the racing world - with gearing specially designed to provide staggering on-road acceleration and outstanding versatility even on the racetrack.

2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com North American Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $26144 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £18144 GBP (On the road charges of £300 apply to the quoted prices)

ENGINE
Type Three cylinder, 4 stroke, 12 valve
Timing system “D.O.H.C”
Total displacement 798 cm3 (48.68 cu. in.)
Compression ratio 13.3:1
Starting Electric
Bore x stroke 79 mm x 54.3 mm (3.1 in. x 2.1 in.)
Max. power - r.p.m. (at the crankshaft)** 103 kW (140 hp) at 13.100 r.p.m.
Max. torque - r.p.m. 86 Nm (8.77 kgm) at 10.100 r.p.m.
Cooling system Cooling with separeted liquid and oil
radiators
Engine management system Integrated ignition - injection system MVICS 2.0
(Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System)
with six injectors. Engine control unit
Eldor EM2.0, throttle body full drive by
wire Mikuni, pencil-coil with ion-sensing
technology, control of detonation and misfire
Torque control with four maps, Traction
Control with eight levels of intervention
Electronic quick-shift MV EAS 2.0 (Electronically Assisted Shift
up & down)
Clutch Wet, multi plate with slipper clutch
Transmission Cassette style; six speed, constant mesh
Primary drive 19/36
Gear ratio
First gear: 13/37
Second gear: 16/34
Third gear: 18/32
Fourth gear: 19/30
Fifth gear: 21/30
Sixth gear: 22/29
Final drive ratio 16/41
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
Voltage 12 V
Alternator 350 W at 5000 r.p.m.
Battery 12 V - 8.6 Ah
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
Wheelbase 1380 mm (54.30 in.)
Overall length 2060 mm (81.06 in.)
Overall width 825 mm (32.46 in.)
Saddle height 811 mm (31.91 in.)
Min. ground clearance 149 mm (5.86 in.)
Trail 95 mm (3.74 in.)
Dry weight 168 kg (370.4 lbs.)
Fuel tank capacity 16.6 l (4.39 U.S. gal.)

PERFORMANCE
Maximum speed* 245.0 km/h (153.1 mph)
FRAME
Type ALS Steel tubular trellis
Rear swing arm pivot plates material Aluminium alloy
FRONT SUSPENSION
Type Marzocchi “UPSIDE DOWN” telescopic
hydraulic fork in DLC treated aluminium, with
red colour anodized fork legs and having
rebound-compression damping and spring
preload external and separate adjustment
Fork dia. 43 mm (1.69 in.)
Fork travel 125 mm (4.92 in.)
REAR SUSPENSION
Type Progressive Sachs, single shock
absorber with rebound and compression
damping and spring preload adjustment
Single sided swing arm material Aluminium alloy
Wheel travel 125 mm (4.92 in.)
BRAKES
Front brake Double floating disc with Ø 320 mm
(Ø 12.6 in.) diameter, with steel braking
disc and flange
Front brake caliper Brembo radial-type, with 4 pistons
Ø 32 mm (Ø 1.26 in.)
Rear brake Single steel disc with Ø 220 mm (Ø 8.66 in.) dia.
Rear brake caliper Brembo with 2 pistons - Ø 34 mm (Ø 1.34 in.)
ABS System Bosch 9 Plus with RLM
(Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation
WHEELS
Front: Material/size With aluminium alloy spokes 3.50” x 17”
Rear: Material/size With aluminium alloy spokes 6.00” x 17”
TYRES
Front 120/70 - ZR 17 M/C (58 W)
Rear 200/50 - ZR 17 M/C (75 W)
FAIRING
Material Thermoplastic - Carbon - Billet aluminium machined
CONTENTS
Steering damper Manually adjustable with 8 settings
Ergal Components Brake and clutch levers - Frame and engine
protection - foot peg kit - Fast release fuel cap
Oil and brake fluid cap.
Carbon Components Exhaust cover - license plate holder - air box
covers - swingarm protection - instrument panel
spoiler - front/rear mudguard - Air Extractor
Sprocket cover - Upper chain guard
Saddle with trapezoidal stitching

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... R-LH44.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The new 2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44... overkill or overly great?

Enjoy!

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#3 Unread post by montanalifter »

Gave it an awesome then looked at the price of 26k and gave it a cool.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

I had to give it an awesome, even with it cringe inducing price....ouch.........but this bike looks the business and with 140.08 BHP and 63.43 foot pound of torque, it got the power to be the business. Mind you I figure this is a bike that is going to cripple you one way or another, either from riding it too long and cramping into to position or it turning around and biting you when you least expect it, its certainly going to cripple ones pocket book. Still, an awesome machine......
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#5 Unread post by faded sun »

I like Italian bikes, though I ride a Honda. The pillion thinks it looks awesome. And I think they got the brutal part down nicely. Definitely a niche market, but they are only making 244 of them. I'm sure they will sell them all.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#6 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Great bike, but I don't know if it's worth 70% more than a regular Brutale Dragster. Over US$10k extra for bling that doesn't add any performance. I give it a solid cool. The stock Brutale is awesome.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted, Awesome.

It's a show stopper for sure. Collectable for sure. Rare for sure.

That's enough for awesome in my books...

Will you ever see one on the street? hmmm, donno. It's more of a trailer-queen bike than a DD and one can only hope there is a trickle-down R&D effect to the other Brutale models as this ones out of most peoples price range.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 - Coolness Factor = 77.3%
Featured: September 30th - October 7th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53698
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... R-LH44.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR LH44 is:

Awesome (3 points) 55% [ 12 ]
Cool (2 points) 27% [ 6 ]
Uncool (1 point) 14% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 22

= a Coolwall Factor of 77.3%

Notes: Brutal Brutale. Rare. Pricy. Exotic. As one reader put it " Mind you I figure this is a bike that is going to cripple you one way or another, either from riding it too long and cramping into to position or it turning around and biting you when you least expect it, its certainly going to cripple ones pocket book.". haha.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!