Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Yamaha FZ-10 - Coolness Factor = 72.2%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Yamaha FZ-10 Review on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... a-FZ10.htm

2017 Yamaha FZ-10

Welcome To The Next Level...

All-new FZ10 features powerful R1-spec 998cc Crossplane Crankshaft engine, traction control, ABS, D-Mode & YCC-T.

2017 Yamaha FZ-10 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

/// Key Highlights
•R1 / R1S derived engine, chassis & suspension
• Revised engine tuning (combustion chamber, compression, cams, intake valves & intake ports) for strong, linear low & mid-range torque
• Crossplane crankshaft with "fracture split" steel con rods & offset cylinder
• Yamaha's chip controlled throttle (YCC-T), D-Modes (3 modes) & traction control (3 settings)
• Cruise Control
• Compact & lightweight aluminum Deltabox chassis & swingarm
• ABS Brakes
• Upright ride position with slightly sporty forward lean
• LCD instrumentation
• Full LED lighting

Conquer Road

The all-new, aggressively styled FZ-10 is the one you've been waiting for. This flagship model offers serious power and agility thanks to its R1-derived engine, chassis and fully adjustable suspension. Experienced riders will appreciate its comfortable upright riding position, torquey power delivery and corner-carving precision. The FZ-10, guaranteed to provide an emotionally charged riding experience.

/// Power
The latest generation R1 based crossplane engine has been tuned to provide plenty of low to mid-range torque and power. The intake ports and valves, combustion chamber and camshafts have all been newly designed to achieve outstanding "ride-ability" in a wide variety of riding situations.

/// Versatility
Natural ergonomics, cruise and traction control systems plus ABS brakes highlight the versatile positioning of the FZ-10. And with Yamaha's wide variety of genuine accessories, we have your riding style covered. From sport riding to commuting to longer distance adventures, the new FZ-10 is ready to impress.

/// Style
The distinctive exterior style of the FZ-10 is defined by a dynamic mass-forward silhouette with lean yet muscular, athletic lines. A small front cowl, full LED lighting, and exposed engine combine to create the visual expression of spirited performance.

2017 Yamaha FZ-10 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $12,999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $15,499 CDN

Engine Type 998cc, liquid-cooled DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 valves
Bore x Stroke 79.0mm x 50.9mm
Compression Ratio 12.0:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel injection with YCC-T
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 6-speed; wet multiplate assist-and-slipper clutch

Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 43mm KYB® inverted fork, fully adjustable; 4.7-in travel
Suspension / Rear KYB® single shock w/piggyback reservoir, fully adjustable; 4.7-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual hydraulic disc, 320mm; ABS
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc, 220mm; ABS
Tires / Front 120/70ZR17
Tires / Rear 190/55ZR17
L x W x H 82.5 in x 31.5 in x 43.7 in
Seat Height 32.5 in
Wheelbase 55.1 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 24.0°
Trail 4.0 in
Ground Clearance 5.1 in
Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal
Fuel Economy** 30 mpg
Wet Weight 463 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Matte Raven Black; Armor Gray
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... a-FZ10.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Yamaha FZ-10 Review - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just, just, just released this morning with a few other 2017 Yami Models (so new I don't even have them on the front page yet).

Check this one (http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... a-FZ10.htm) them out: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Yamaha.htm first, right here on TMW.

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#3 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Id try it. Cool.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#4 Unread post by ZRex »

A naked R1 is definitely Awesome but, I think I would still get the KTM, although maybe I need to see The FZ-10 in person.

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#5 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

Fugly.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#6 Unread post by montanalifter »

Changed my vote from cool to awesome, yes it looks like It would transform and stand up at any time but more low to midrange power. Loads of fun is what this bike would be.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I (after changing my vote) decided on Cool (from Awesome)

LOVE, love the yellow wheels... oooo... but the front of the FZ-10... ugly as it is "incomplete" looking (to me anyways, but then again, I don't like the FZ-9 or FZ-07 fronts either).

What a wonderful engine though, wish they had that in the FZ1 days!!

As you all know, I love naked bikes! But the front... hmmm, I'd have to do SOMETHING to fix that. lol.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Yamaha FZ-10 - Coolness Factor = 72.2%
Featured: June 10th - June 17th, 2016
Most popular vote category: TIE Awesome/Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53177
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... a-FZ10.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Yamaha FZ-10 Review is:

Awesome (3 points) 39% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 39% [ 7 ]
Uncool (1 point) 22% [ 4 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 18

= a Coolwall Factor of 72.2%

Notes: It's funny, you know; you can really tell read a result of a bike that riders are just a little uncertain on how it will do. The new 2017 Yamaha FZ-10 did finish very well, with a score of 72% cool, but there wasn't a lot of comments or votes (might just be the summer riding season) and the votes were split but firmly in Cool territory. I think this is a bike that's hard to judge on studio photos and hard specs alone and will have to be judged by eye and the seat of the pants. What do you think?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!