Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado - Coolness Factor = 80.5%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... dorado.htm

Good Vibrations...

THE FLEET OF LARGE MOTO GUZZIS EXPANDS WITH THE ELDORADO, THE MODERN AND LUXURIOUS HEIR TO THE UNFORGETTABLE "850" THAT MADE ITS FORTUNE IN THE STATES MORE THAN 40 YEARS AGO. ELDORADO 1400, WITH A STRONG AND UNIQUE TRADITION, IS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF THE HERITAGE RANGE AVAILABLE FROM THE MOTO GUZZI BRAND WHICH NOW EXPANDS WITH A GREAT NEW VINTAGE CLASSIC

Eldorado is a luxurious motorcycle on the cutting-edge of technology which, powered by the largest V Twin ever manufactured in Europe, is a perfect interpretation of the most genuine Guzzi spirit. The Eldorado is a true flagship in the bike world, embodying a splendid tradition in an increasingly solid present. And it does so looking decidedly to the future: chromium inserts and finely crafted details combine with LED lights and come together in classic lines that bring Moto Guzzi into a new dimension where refinement speaks Italian.

MOTO GUZZI ELDORADO: BACK TO THE FUTURE

Forty-eight years of history This is the calling card of the by now legendary Moto Guzzi 90° V Twin designed by engineer Giulio Cesare Carcano. From its first appearance on the V7, this legendary powerplant has been modified into countless versions and on a vast range of motorcycles.

It was in the third evolution of the 90° V Twin that Moto Guzzi breathed life into the Eldorado. The year was 1972. Less than two years earlier, on the wave of a surprising supply of 750cc V7 bikes to the LAPD (the Los Angeles Police Department), the first Guzzi California was born and, on the same base, the luxurious Ambassador. In the constant displacement increase, Carcano's twin cylinder had already been taken from 700 to 757 cc and, with a third increase in size, the 850 cc version was born. With this engine the Eldorado was made as a replacement for the Ambassador with an even more complete, refined and luxurious model, but also one that would be able to provide a powerful and satisfying ride.

The goal was clearly achieved: "if Roman gods had ridden motorcycles, the Moto Guzzi Eldorado would have been chosen by Bacchus." In the late '60s this was how the American Cycle World magazine concluded their test of the luxurious Italian bike, the latest evolution of the 90° V-twin with cardan final drive just introduced in the States. The metaphor effectively highlighted the intoxication experienced on a modern, powerful, luxurious and fast bike, painstakingly studied down to the smallest details and extremely satisfying to ride.

More than forty years later this extraordinary experience is repeated in the shape and substance of the Eldorado 1400. By looking at the Eldorado 1400 one can see clearly how this Moto Guzzi has preserved the personality of its ancestor, drawing it from the past to the future along the path of technological evolution and stylistic continuity.

It's a bike that, even when it is parked, evokes the travelling spirit, the hundreds of kilometres travelled with that perfect feeling between rider and mount, as the fundamental component of the Moto Guzzi soul. A bike with a powerful identity with a fiercely proud Italian heritage which comes onto the scene as a global traveller, at home in any latitude, able to bring to mind spaces which, from coast to coast, cross over faraway continents.

This is how designer Miguel Galluzzi, who is in charge of the Piaggio Group PADC at Pasadena, introduces it: "At 95 years of glorious Moto Guzzi history, a new wind of passion has pushed us to explore new horizons for this prestigious brand, not to mention the most important milestones. Great respect for tradition combined with a search for the best possible technology and the purest Italian design leads us today in the creation of the best Moto Guzzi bikes ever built. Searching for new horizons should be understood not only in terms of technique, but also as new riding experiences. All of this is blended in the soul of the new Moto Guzzi Eldorado: a bike designed to evoke riding excitement, the joy of ownership and admiration down to the smallest details like no other bike can do."

The flashback effect comes out in the details: the spoked wheels, the oversized saddle, the rear mudguard with the gem-shaped taillight and the bullhorn handlebar. Even the fuel tank is full of appeal: the two-tone paint is accentuated by a teardrop motif characterised by a mirror-finish chrome treatment. A twin white coachline (Eldorado is available in Nero Classico and Rosso Pregiato) protected by another layer of clearcoat adds an even more prestigious touch to the tank and emphasises its lines. The front and rear mudguards and side panels are also highlighted by a dual white coachline under another protective layer of clearcoat, which ends in a point evocative of the tip of apaintbrush.

The Moto Guzzi Eldorado logo takes its stylistic inspiration from the unforgettable Eldorado 850 badge. Also, the passenger saddle is mounted on a chromed luggage rack with built-in grab-handle: when needed, the passenger saddle can be easily removed to make plenty of room for luggage.

Eldorado's spoked wheels, both sixteen inches, mount classic whitewall tyres (130/90 on the front and 180/65 on the rear), which draw attention to the new wraparound mudguards. The wheel rims themselves are in unpainted polished aluminium, with an inner rim width of 3.5" (front) and 5.5" (rear): true works of art that manage to combine the most classic style with the modern technology of tubeless tyres. The front end has a particularly "clean" design which enhances the powerful front end, whereas the rear, on the other hand, is the most distinctive stylistic element on this ultra elegant Moto Guzzi. Its smooth and decisive shape integrates with the new full cover shock absorbers, the gem-shaped rear light cluster and the classic rounded turn indicators.

The Eldorado is easily distinguishable by its original complex surface headlight with polyelliptical light equipped with LED daylight running light (DRL). Speaking of digital technologies, the instrumentation is particularly satisfying, contained in a 150 mm diameter circular panel with the analogue rev counter scale finding its place along the external circumference and a multifunction full-matrix suspended display at the centre, all packaged neatly, like a luxury watch, in a bright chromium housing.

You don't climb onto the Eldorado - you settle comfortably into the saddle. Situated at just 740 mm from the ground, the new seat, generous floorboards and comfortable chromium plated cowhorn tapered handlebars simply cry out for you to sit down, press the start button and let the tarmac roll past under your wheels.

If the road ahead is an endless Interstate Highway you can activate cruise control by pressing the button on the right-hand electric block and sail along as you listen to the throbbing 90° V-twin filtered by the big block's elastic-kinematic mounting system, knowing that if you need or desire it, the cardan final drive will be ready to unleash up to 120 Nm onto the tarmac at 2,750 rpm. Technically unchanged, the twin cylinder confirms its monumental architecture enhanced by the valve covers painted black with Moto Guzzi laser printed on them and the tight and smoothed cooling fins crafted with a facing technique, the same popular and precious method used to make the passenger footrest brackets.

The engine is an absolute benchmark in its category for engine capacity-performance-consumption ratio thanks to excellent thermodynamic performance combined with advanced Ride-by-wire multimap electronic management. This technology allows the rider to choose one of three engine management maps: Turismo, Veloce and Pioggia. And that's not all: the dynamic performance of the vehicle is also kept under control by its latest generation traction control (MGCT) which can be adjusted on three actuation levels in order to increase active safety without impacting performance and riding pleasure. The Eldorado's chassis was developed with the goal of increasing precision and ease of riding: the stiffness of the frame, the choice of tyres, the trail and the suspension calibration are all perfectly harmonised to increase the Eldorado's ride to levels which are unheard of on bikes with similar characteristics.

THE MOTO GUZZI MEDIA PLATFORM CONNECTS ELDORADO TO THE WORLD

The innovative multimedia platform makes its début on the Eldorado at the service of Moto Guzzi riders. MG-MP, available as optional equipment, is the innovative multimedia system which allows you to connect the bike to your smartphone and consequently to the web. With this application, downloadable free from App Store and Google Play, your smartphone (iPhone or Android) becomes an actual sophisticated on board multifunctional computer and the link between the vehicle and the Internet.

The wireless connection allows you to simultaneously see important information about the vehicle on your smartphone screen so you will always have your trip parameters under control. The touch screen on your smartphone lets you view five parameters at a time, selected by the rider from a vast menu including speedometer and tachometer, engine power and torque, instant and average fuel consumption, average speed and battery voltage, longitudinal acceleration and extended trip computer. The "Eco Ride" helps to limit fuel consumption and to maintain an eco-compatible riding style, providing a summary assessment of the results achieved during the trip.

You can also store your trip data and review it later on your computer or directly on the app so you can analyse your route along with the vehicle performance parameters.

When the fuel reserve light comes on MG-MP indicates the location of the closest petrol stations; the system also helps you easily find the vehicle when you are parked in an unfamiliar area, automatically saving the position where it was last switched off.
MG-MP includes the "Grip Warning" feature which replicates the traction control indications for maximum visibility and provides information on your riding style in real time with relation to the road surface. A dedicated warning light alerts the rider in the event of poor grip. With the synergistic use of gyroscopes and vehicle signals, your iPhone/iPod becomes a sophisticated roll angle indicator on turns thanks to a proprietary algorithms developed specifically for the new Moto Guzzi. You can set the thresholds for roll angle, running speed and rpms so that when they are exceeded the relative warning lights will come on or flash on the virtual dashboard.

2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $15990 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $16490 CDN

ENGINE
Type Four-stroke V 90 twin, four valves, dual ignition, Ride by Wire with 3 engine maps, 3 level adjustable traction control, Cruise Control as standard equipment
Capacity 1380cc
Maximum power 71 kW (96 HP) at 6,500 rpm
Maximum torque 120 Nm at 2,750 rpm
Fuel system Weber-Marelli electronic fuel injection.
Exhaust system Three-way catalyser with lambda probe

TRANSMISSION
Gearbox 6-speeds with final overdrive
Final drive CA.R.C. Compact Reactive Shaft Drive
Clutch Dry single plate with flexible couplings

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Frame Double cradle tubular frame in ALS steel with detachable rear subframe
Wheelbase 1,695mm
Front suspension standard swingarm Ø 46 mm, with radical calliper mountain bracket and telescopes on the stanchions
Front wheel travel 120 mm
Rear suspension swingarm with double shock absorber adjustable spring preload
Rear wheel travel 120 mm
Brake system Brembo
Front brake Dual 320 mm stainless steel floating discs, Brembo radial callipers with 4 horizontally opposed pistons: ABS as standard equipment
Rear brake 282 mm stainless steel fixed disc, Brembo floating calliper with 2 parallel pistons: ABS as standard
Rear wheel 16 in polished aluminum, spoked with tubeless system, 180/65
Front wheel 16" in polished aluminum, spoked with tubeless system, 130/90
Front tire Metzeler Lasertec 100/90- 18 56H TL
Rear tire Metzeler Lasertec 130/80 -17 65H TL

DIMENSIONS
Length 2445 mm
Width 940mm
Height 43.8 inches (1,115 mm)
Saddle height 740 mm
Dry weight 401 lbs (182 kg)
Curb weight 701 lbs (314 kg)
Fuel tank capacity 5.4 Gallons (20.5 liters)
Reserve .66 Gallons (2.5 liters)

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... dorado.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Special thanks to Sunshine229 for suggesting this week's TMW Cool Wall bike!!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

Usually I don't vote till Friday, but I love my own Guzzi so much (sound, engine torque, handling, weight, character) that every time I hear a Guzzi on the street, ride my own or put one up on TMW, it pulls on my heart strings. Guzzi is so much more than spec numbers, it imparts a visceral riding experience beyond what one would expect from a motorcycle. That said, the California 1400 line of cruisers (including the Eldorado variant) are amazing bikes. Low, lean, tractor pulling torque in an easy to ride package at a price that would make ANY cruiser manufacturer wonder how Moto Guzzi did it.

If I was in the market for a cruiser, but wanted something unique, cool and retro (looking), then the 2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado would be my first stop.

Mike

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

What an awesome line of bikes. Personally, I prefer the minimalist California Custom or the Audace, but you just can't go wrong (or uncool) with a Guzzi. Come to think of it, I wonder why Guzzi is the only Euro manufacturer who manages to make pretty cool cruisers.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#5 Unread post by Gummiente »

Awesome. The big Guzzi cruisers have, for many years, been on my top three list of possible replacements for my Road Glide if I ever get tired of it.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#6 Unread post by ceemes »

Pure Awesome.....I love the big beefy retro look, including the pinon seat.....although I don't think you would want some too heavy sitting on it for long.
Always ask why.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ceemes wrote:Pure Awesome.....I love the big beefy retro look, including the pinon seat.....although I don't think you would want some too heavy sitting on it for long.
What?!?!?!? Something you actually like? :mrgreen: :laughing: :P

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I was just telling Andrea last night that my own Guzzi (and I'm sure this would apply to any Guzzi) has it's own very unique "moods" that I know what it will be like that day. It will either be a laid back or ride-me-hard day and it will let me know after just a minute of starting off depending on it's exhaust note and how it feels in the torque band.

No other bike I'd owned had such a definable personality. Which is good as the only other type of bike personality my older bikes had where "I will run today or not"...lol

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado - Coolness Factor = 80.5%
Featured: May 20th - May 27th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53074
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... dorado.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado is:

Awesome (3 points) 52% [ 15 ]
Cool (2 points) 38% [ 11 ]
Uncool (1 point) 10% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 29

= a Coolwall Factor of 80.5%

Notes: Our readers have spoken and Moto Guzzi has hits another home run with the new 2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado! Even our most picky motorcycle connoisseur loved it saying "Pure awesomeness", and trust me, that's pretty darn amazing rating for ceemes. (haha). And if that's not even, even our Harley-Davidson affetto would consider the Eldorado to be in his top 3 list of replacements for his H-D! What to go MG!

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#10 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:And if that's not even, even our Harley-Davidson affetto would consider the Eldorado to be in his top 3 list of replacements for his H-D!
Boss, please... I am a motorcycle enthusiast who just happens to ride a Harley. Please don't lump me in with the fanatics.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride