Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Kawasaki KLX110 - Coolness Factor = 72.9%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Kawasaki KLX110 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -KX110.htm

FUN FOR THE FAMILY...

Whether you use it as a starter bike for your kids, in-the-pits transportation or for mischievous mini-moto action, the KLX110/110L are versatile off-road machines that the whole family can enjoy. You have the option to choose the best t with the 26.8-inch seat height of the KLX110 or the taller 28.7-inch seat height of the KLX110L.

The KLX110 motorcycle is perfect for a younger rider’s first experience in the dirt. A high-tensile steel frame, 30mm telescopic fork, and single rear shock provide easy handling and maximum longevity. It also incorporates an automatic centrifugal clutch system that allows easy shifting through the gears, helping the rider maintain focus on the terrain and to make the most of the 112cc single-cylinder, four-stroke engine.

There’s an electric start for new riders, with an “off” switch right alongside it. The start button is located on the left-hand grip to allow throttle use during start-up, and traditional kickstarter as a back up.

Stepping up to the KLX110L motorcycle, it offers a natural progression as a rider grows in stature and experience. The bike has a taller seat height (28.7” compared to 26.8” for the KLX110), longer suspension travel and an extra 1.9” of ground clearance. It also provides a manual clutch for a more exciting experience, but there’s an electric start (with kickstarter back up) to get the fun started quickly.

2016 Kawasaki KLX110 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

The biggest challenge in enjoying the KLX110 or KLX110L’s amazing off-road capabilities is figuring out who’s going to ride it first – because its compact dimensions, simple-to-use features, and choice of 2 models were designed for a wide range of beginning riders aged 13 and up.

The KLX®110 motorcycle is a versatile off-road bike with a low seat height, long travel suspension and an automatic clutch for a fun, confidence inspiring ride.

•112cc air-cooled, four-stroke engine provides smooth power and rock solid reliability

•Four-speed transmission with automatic clutch for stall-free shifting

•26.8-inch seat height
•Sporty styling featuring lime green bodywork for race-inspired good looks

2016 Kawasaki KLX110 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $2299 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $2649 CDN

Power
Engine
4-stroke, 1-cylinder, SOHC, Air-cooled
Displacement
112cc
Bore x Stroke
53.0 x 50.6mm
Compression ratio
9.5:1
Fuel System
Keihin PB18
Ignition
DC-CDI
Transmission
4-speed
Final Drive
Chain
Performance
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.3 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Swingarm w/single hydraulic shock / 4.3 in
Front Tire Size
2.50x14
Rear Tire Size
3.00x12
Front Brakes
Mechanical Drum
Rear Brakes
Mechanical Drum
Details
Frame Type
Backbone frame, high-tensile steel
Rake/Trail
24.8° / 2.0 in
Overall Length
61.4 in
Overall Width
25.6 in
Overall Height
37.6 in
Ground Clearance
8.5 in
Seat Height
26.8 in
Curb Weight
167.5 lb**
Fuel Capacity
1.0 gal
Wheelbase
42.3 in
Color Choices
Lime Green
Warranty
6 Months
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)
12, 24, or 36 months

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -KX110.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Kawasaki KLX110

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks to Faded Sun for this week's cool wall suggestion, the 2016 Kawasaki KLX110!

We have had a very rare two weeks in a row of fail results and the week before that our first THREE WAY TIE of Awesome/Cool/Uncool in 4 years of the Cool Wall... It seems the savages are restless and what will they make of the Kawasaki KLX110? Will it be tied to the steak and eatin'? Or lifted to idol occult status and worshiped?

ooh-whoa-ho yeah-e-yeah-eh

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#3 Unread post by faded sun »

This was my first bike, essentially, without the starter or automatic clutch. I would have kept it in my room if my parents had let me. It never failed me in 4 years. I changed oil and adjusted the chain. What a sweet ride it was. 40 years ago.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#4 Unread post by ZRex »

My nephew's first motorcycle was a 2003 Kawasaki KLX 110, so I have to say Awesome just for the amount of fun he had riding that bike.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I always wish I started earlier riding a bike, a dirt bike, like the KLX110 would have been ideal (or even earlier with say, a PW50). But alas, not everyone gets lucky enough to start early.

I'm just so glad parents support their kids to give it a shot and see if riding is for them or not. At least they can say they did it and maybe they will love it and create a site like Total Motorcycle! :revv:

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Kawasaki KLX110 - Coolness Factor = 72.9%
Featured: April 15th - April 22nd, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52921
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -KX110.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Kawasaki KLX110 is:

Awesome (3 points) 31% [ 5 ]
Cool (2 points) 56% [ 9 ]
Uncool (1 point) 13% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 16

= a Coolwall Factor of 72.9%

Notes: Yay, not only finally a Cool vote, but a bike that deserves to have it as well. The 2016 Kawasaki KLX110 is not the fastest, flashiest or best handling bike out there but it is a quintessential foundation for those lucky enough to learn to ride at an early age, and that's cool enough for us.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!