Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: This Week: 2017 Dodge Tomahawk Viper V10 SRT GTS

#11 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I prefer concept bikes to be actual game changers, bikes that may not necessarily be practical, but that set an ambitious goal (whether it's design or engineering) that can, even in theory, trickle down to a production bike. Even as a concept, the Tomahawk is a fail. Four leaning wheels is actually interesting; imagine the cornering and traction advantages. But the Tomahawk is too big, too long, and just too ungainly. As others have said, it's a novelty whose only role is to call attention to itself.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#12 Unread post by faded sun »

Well, since it is not in production, I think that expresses what the consumer public think.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:Well, since it is not in production, I think that expresses what the consumer public think.
That's true... remember the Boss Hoss line of bikes?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:I prefer concept bikes to be actual game changers, bikes that may not necessarily be practical, but that set an ambitious goal (whether it's design or engineering) that can, even in theory, trickle down to a production bike. Even as a concept, the Tomahawk is a fail. Four leaning wheels is actually interesting; imagine the cornering and traction advantages. But the Tomahawk is too big, too long, and just too ungainly. As others have said, it's a novelty whose only role is to call attention to itself.
Couldn't agree more or said it better myself. :)

I did vote: Awesome though only for the above facts that Dodge actually went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outside their comfort zone and build a motorcycle! That's like Ford building a motorcycle. So good for them, I like the, as you said, the ambitious goal of it.

Yes, it never amounted to much and I don't think anything from the Tomahawk V10 ever found it's way into a Dodge Neon. lol.

But still a very cool bike from back in the day.

I guess we did get the Triumph Rocket III and the Boss Hoss V8, VTX1800 and even Suzuki 2000 out of that era though.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Dodge Tomahawk Viper V10 SRT GTS - Coolness Factor = 41.9%
Featured: April 1st - April 8th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Fail

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52851
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/p ... wkV-10.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Dodge Tomahawk Viper V10 SRT GTS is:

Awesome (3 points) 34% [ 12 ]
Cool (2 points) 9% [ 3 ]
Uncool (1 point) 6% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 51% [ 18 ]

Total votes: 35

= a Coolwall Factor of 41.9%

Notes: April Fools! Sadly, there is not another crazy Dodge Tomahawk coming out from Dodge this year, but what a polarizing bike it was in 2003! I'm not sure if the 51% fail vote was due to the bike or my April fools joke! LOL.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!