Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: TOTAL MOTORCYCLE COOL WALL - 2016 RESULTS

#41 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Triumph Street Cup - Coolness Factor = 79.5%
Featured: October 7th to October 14st, 2016
Most popular vote category:

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53732
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... et-Cup.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Triumph Street Cup is:

Awesome (3 points) 49% [ 19 ]
Cool (2 points) 46% [ 18 ]
Uncool (1 point) 0% [ 0 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 2 ]

Total votes: 39

= a Coolwall Factor of 79.5%

Notes: Triumph knocks it outta the park with the new 2017 Triumph Street Cup design leaving just enough for customizers. One of our members, Grey Thumper says it best: "Ticks all the boxes; classic styling, standard riding position, not too big, middle weight engine size. Could be lighter, could have a bit more power, but you've got the T120 and Thruxton for that (powerwise at least)." ... I'm sure it will be a sales success on the showroom floors as long as it's priced well.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male

#42 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR - Coolness Factor = 78.8%
Featured: October 14th to October 21st, 2016
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53741
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1100RR.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR is:

Awesome (3 points) 55% [ 6 ]
Cool (2 points) 36% [ 4 ]
Uncool (1 point) 0% [ 0 ]
Fail (0 point) 9% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 11

= a Coolwall Factor of 78.8%

Notes: An absolutely outstanding discussion this week with the 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR! While the votes where low (that's my fault, I was away moving and I couldn't update the main page), the discussion was HOT, HOT, HOT. And not just about the Tuono, but also about the future of motorcycle electronics, nanny systems and where things are headed. Is this truly the end of the era of analog riding?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#43 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Suzuki VanVan200 - Coolness Factor = 60.3%
Featured: October 21st - October 28th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53742
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Van200.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Suzuki VanVan200 is:

Awesome (3 points) 19% 19% [ 4 ]
Cool (2 points) 48% 48% [ 10 ]
Uncool (1 point) 29% 29% [ 6 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 21

= a Coolwall Factor of 60.3%

Notes: Who knew a 200cc starter bike could be so controversial?! A blast from the 70's past, the VanVan has been a small bike staple around the globe, now North America gets another kick at the can with the VanVan200... little has changed in over 40 years though with the VanVan except the MSRP, which is teetering on "not-such-a-great-deal-o-meter". So many other choices in the 200-500cc category makes the VanVan either a love it or hate it bike. Luckily, it's cuteness and uniqueness allowed the VanVan200 to score over 60% cool...

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#44 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2004 BMW R1200C Montauk - Coolness Factor = 46.0%
Featured: October 28th - November 4th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Uncool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53777
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ontauk.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2004 BMW R1200C Montauk is:

Awesome (3 points) 10% [ 2 ]
Cool (2 points) 29% [ 6 ]
Uncool (1 point) 52% [ 11 ]
Fail (0 point) 10% [ 2 ]

= a Coolwall Factor of 46.0%

Notes: Sometimes different isn't good nor cool. The 2004 BMW R1200C Montauk embodied the spirit of BMW and BMW innovation, but something got lost in the process.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#45 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Kawasaki W800 - Coolness Factor = 81.7%
Featured: November 4th - November 11th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53812
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... i-W800.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Kawasaki W800 is:

Awesome (3 points) 58% 58% [ 18 ]
Cool (2 points) 32% 32% [ 10 ]
Uncool (1 point) 6% 6% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 3% 3% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 31

= a Coolwall Factor of 81.7%

Notes: A great voter turnout for a great motorcycle. Shame Kawasaki is looking at discontinuing it for the 2018 model year considering the very high 81.7% coolness factor. I know Kawasaki reads Total Motorcycle, so let's hope they decide, based on our readers, to keep it not only in the 2018 model line up, but also to bring it to North America!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#46 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Victory Vegas 8-Ball - Coolness Factor = 59.0%
Featured: November 11th - November 18th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53834
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 8-Ball.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Victory Vegas 8-Ball is:

Awesome (3 points) 27% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 35% [ 9 ]
Uncool (1 point) 27% [ 7 ]
Fail (0 point) 12% [ 3 ]

Total votes: 26

= a Coolwall Factor of 59.0%

Notes: Odd. That would be the word that I think most TMW readers would say about the 2017 Victory Vegas 8-Ball. And the split-across-the-board votes say this too. Which is interesting because we don't get many bikes up the TMW Cool Wall that are like this and usually not from a main-line manufacturer with a bread-and-butter staple model. Let's hope it look better in person than in pictures, otherwise, the Vegas 8-Ball may raise eyebrows, but not in a good way.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#47 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Benelli Century Racer 1130 - Coolness Factor = 57.1%
Featured: November 18th - November 25th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53867
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... er1130.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Benelli Century Racer 1130 is:

Awesome (3 points) 29% [ 6 ]
Cool (2 points) 33% [ 7 ]
Uncool (1 point) 19% [ 4 ]
Fail (0 point) 19% [ 4 ]

= a Coolwall Factor of 57.1%

Notes: No competition (to the other manufacturers). Slow sales, high prices, far and few in-between dealer network. The death of brand. No matter how good your motorcycle model might be, if you can't sell it, service it or support it...

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#48 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Suzuki Hayabusa - Coolness Factor = 61.1%
Featured: November 25th - December 2nd, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53907
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... yabusa.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Suzuki Hayabusa is:

Awesome (3 points) 29% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 38% [ 9 ]
Uncool (1 point) 21% [ 5 ]
Fail (0 point) 13% [ 3 ]

Total votes: 24

= a Coolwall Factor of 61.1%

Notes: The 2016 Suzuki Hayabusa was a tough one to vote on for our members. I can see they really WANTED to like the bike but were struggling to. Like a computer, a sportbike NEEDS to be updated, current, modern, and the 2016 Suzuki Hayabusa just isn't anymore. Suzuki has seemingly left the 'Busa out to pasture while concentrating on other models. Riders are not out of the blame either as they are off buying other styles of bikes more popular than the sport-tourers. So now what? I can't see an update till the market comes back to sport-touring or sport-touring comes to back in style...

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#49 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 - Coolness Factor = 71.4%
Featured: December 2nd - December 9th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53933
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Sixty2.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 is:

Awesome (3 points) 33% 33% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 52% 52% [ 11 ] x
Uncool (1 point) 10% 10% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% 5% [ 1 ]

= a Coolwall Factor of 71.4%

Notes: Love it for what it is, not for what it thinks it is. Sounds strange, but the little 2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 is a little bait-and-switch from Ducati, you think you are buying a real scrambler, but what you are really buying is a naked bike. It's a great little naked bike to bomb around on, but please don't take it scrambling without aftermarket accessories. Otherwise, it's a fun bike in stock form.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#50 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Norton V4RR - Coolness Factor = 76.5%
Featured: December 9th - December 16th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53959
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ton-V4.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Norton V4RR is:

Awesome (3 points) 47% [ 8 ]
Cool (2 points) 35% [ 6 ]
Uncool (1 point) 18% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 17

= a Coolwall Factor of 76.5%

Notes: We don't see a lot of Norton around Total Motorcycle, which is a shame, it's not because I (TMW) haven't tried. Norton's issue is that they just do not produce many models, seeing one is very rare as they are just so expensive and the dealer network is so thin. Like many here, I'm happy Norton is producing the Norton V4RR, but at £28,000, there is another bike we won't be seeing much of either. As I know Norton reads Total Motorcycle, here is my Christmas Wish this year for the TMW Norton fans; Norton, please make a more affordable entry-level bike and ship them over here.