Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon - Coolness Factor = 63.3%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Carbon.htm

2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon

The most powerful Ducati naked ever...

The 2016 version of the Diavel Carbon is now more assertive than ever thanks to all-new graphics and several new technical-aesthetic features.

The Diavel is a unique, different, innovative and brave bike. Strengthened by a style that has literally won over the world’s motorcycle community, it has opened new horizons for the Ducati brand.

Muscular and with a strong presence, the Diavel dominates the road while remaining as lightweight and agile as other Ducati models.
The latest generation Testastretta 11° Dual Spark engine with ABS, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Riding Modes and typical Ducati agility guarantee an exciting but safe riding experience. Its 162 hp and weight of just 205 kg* (452 lb.), together with its exclusive design, make the Diavel a comfortable and sporty lifestyle motorcycle.

The new Asphalt Grey colour that characterises this new 2016 version elegantly balances with the visible carbon, the red stripes and the Dark Chrome paintwork on the frame. The exclusive forged wheels with exposed machined finish, enhance the muscular design of the bike. Other new features on the 2016 version of the Diavel Carbon include the exhaust manifolds with Zircotec ceramic coating. This type of coating renders the exhaust system more sophisticated and technological; the system is also equipped with brushed-effect stainless steel silencer covers. In addition, the bike boasts a totally redesigned seat with new and exclusive trim.

In addition to the new Carbon version, the Diavel will also be available in the total black Dark Stealth version, with matt black tank and black frame and wheels.

With the 162 hp Testastretta engine and its incredible handling, the Diavel waiting for you to tell your unforgettable story.
The new Diavel Carbon exemplifies the distinctive style and sporty soul of the Diavel with high-quality, light-weight components. Clad with carbon fiber and forged wheels, weight is reduced to just 205 kg, only further enhancing the performance of this extraordinary motorcycle.

2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for pricing in CDN

Engine
Type
Testastretta 11° L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
Displacement
1198.4cc
Bore x Stroke
106 x 67.9mm
Compression ratio
12.5:1
Power
119 kW (162 hp) @ 9,250 rpm
Torque
130.5 Nm (96.2 lb-ft) @ 8,000 rpm
Technical data referring to power and torque was measured on an engine test stand at Ducati.
Fuel injection
Electronic fuel injection, elliptical throttle bodies, fully ride-by-wire controlled
Exhaust
Stainless steel silencer with brushed steel outer cover; http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com, catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, manifolds coated with black ceramic Zircotec.
Transmission
Gearbox
6 speed
Primary drive
Straight cut gears, ratio 1.84:1
Ratio
1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
Final drive
Chain drive; 15 tooth front sprocket, 43 tooth rear sprocket
Clutch
Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control

Chassis

Frame
Tubular steel Trellis frame with Dark Chrome paint
Front suspension
Fully adjustable 50 mm usd fork with DLC-treatment
Front wheel
Marchesini forged and machined 10-spoke 3.50 x 17
Front Tyre
120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
Rear suspension
Fully adjustable rear shock with progressive linkage. Remote spring preload adjustment. Single-sided aluminium swingarm
Rear wheel
Marchesini forged and machined 10-spoke 8.00 x 17
Rear tyre
240/45 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
Front wheel travel
120mm (4.7in)
Rear wheel travel
120mm (4.7in)
Front brake
2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially attached Brembo Monobloc 4-piston callipers with ABS as standard equipment
Rear brake
265mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper ABS as standard equipment
Instrumentation
Handlebar mounted instrumentation with LCD display: speed, rpm, time, coolant temp. Warning lights for: Neutral, turn signals, high-beam, rev-limit, DTC intervention, ABS status, oil pressure, fuel reserve. Tank mounted instrumentation with TFT colour display: gear selected, http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com, air temp, battery voltage, trips 1 & 2, fuel reserve trip, average and actual fuel consumption and speed, trip time, scheduled maintenance. Full status and/or management of Riding Modes, DTC, RbW and ABS.

Dimensions and weight

Dry weight
205kg (452lb)
Weight data refers to the dry weight of the motorcycle without battery, lubricants and coolants for liquid-cooled models.
Wet weight (KERB)
234kg (516lb)
Kerb weights indicate total bike weight with all operating consumable liquids and a fuel tank filled to 90% of capacity (as per EC standard 93/93).
Seat height
770mm (30.3in)
Wheelbase
1590mm (62.6in)
Rake
28°
Trail
130mm (5.1in)
Fuel tank capacity
17l - (4.5 US gal)
Number of seats
Dual seat

Equipments

Standard Equipment
Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW, Hands-Free, full-LED headlight, front turnsignals with guidelights, carbon fibre components

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Carbon.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New for 2016, the 2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon receives the new 162 hp Testastretta engine plus all-new graphics and several new technical-aesthetic features. Too new for MSRP yet (as of today).

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#3 Unread post by faded sun »

As much as my first impulse was to vote awesome, I have to go with cool 'cuz there's nowhere to put the babe. Sure would love to wind it out on a track day though. Looks beautiful, even the babe loves the looks. Gotta hand it to the Italian designers; more often than not they put it together right. And at 425 pounds that is a lot of engine for the weight. Sweet!
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:As much as my first impulse was to vote awesome, I have to go with cool 'cuz there's nowhere to put the babe...
Hahaha! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#5 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

This bike is everything that is wrong with the current sportbike market. Rather than buying a Ducati Diavel, why not just buy a dozen bottles each of sleeping pills and vodka, or some rat poison? Lots cheaper and no need to give the first responders nightmares after fire-hosing you of the road.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#6 Unread post by faded sun »

Jarlaxle wrote:This bike is everything that is wrong with the current sportbike market. Rather than buying a Ducati Diavel, why not just buy a dozen bottles each of sleeping pills and vodka, or some rat poison? Lots cheaper and no need to give the first responders nightmares after fire-hosing you of the road.

Ouch! Some harsh words there...

I gotta say, after a couple of years of driving the 700 odd pounds of ST 1100 around town - a daily commute because the wife prefers to ride it over the Shadow and we work at the same place - the idea of having the same power with 425 pounds to throw around is an inviting one. Sadly, the ones who paint the road red probably don't read forums like this one. I do know what you mean, though. But those squids could probably more easily get on a used superbike to do themselves in than a Ducati.

Just sayin'.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#7 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

I think it might be time for a limit on power:weight ratio, or even an absolute power/cc limit, period.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#8 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I don't like the look. Just not doing it for me. Uncool.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

snakedoctEr726
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '11 BMW K1300S

#9 Unread post by snakedoctEr726 »

Jarlaxle wrote:This bike is everything that is wrong with the current sportbike market. Rather than buying a Ducati Diavel, why not just buy a dozen bottles each of sleeping pills and vodka, or some rat poison? Lots cheaper and no need to give the first responders nightmares after fire-hosing you of the road.
What exactly makes you qualified to hold that opinion? When I worked in a European import dealership, I got to ride pretty much everything Ducati, Triumph, BMW, and KTM sold here. The Diavel isn't hugely more or less forgiving than any other Duc, with the exception of the street legal race bikes. It's a little weighty and you do have to be fairly involved in the turning process, but it isn't a hard to ride bike. It is, however, far and away more forgiving and easier to ride than the stuff Ducati was selling 10 or 15 years ago. Ride it intelligently and is isn't any more dangerous than any other motorcycle.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Uncool.

I like the idea, a uber-powerful muscle cruiser, but to me, it's an uglier take on the VMAX. (sorry). And while as a bike itself it isn't an aweful design, along side other Ducati bikes it's just so much worse. For my money, I'd rather by a VMAX or a V-Rod.

BTW - The bike can be very twitchy to ride if you use the SPORT mode. Not a very relaxing bike to ride and indeed should not be given to any new riders hands-down, but if you are looking for a great 30 min bike and are considering the Diavel, then you got too much damn money...lol.

Mike