totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2016 Yamaha XSR700 - Coolness Factor = 70.0%

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I got to see and sit on the XSR700 at the Calgary Motorcycle show two weeks ago and it's a really nice bike, but, it's amazingly tall saddled! Reminds me of a seat height more akin to a Dual Sport than a standard. So if you are tall (or tall legged) you'll really like the XSR700.

The only thing I found I would change would be the tach/speedo, it's really off-centered (like the Ducati Scrambers). It would be the first thing I'd fix (on either the Yamaha or the Ducati).

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Mackenzie19
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Yamaha YBR

Re: This Week: 2016 Yamaha XSR700 - Vote Now

#12 Unread post by Mackenzie19 »

it looks like a retro UJM, but I really don't like the complexity and mess of the engine. It's like a Transformer threw up to create that mechanical mess of a left side! The components are nice, it's just too busy for the eye.
Last edited by Mackenzie19 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sharoun
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009

#13 Unread post by Sharoun »

2016 Yamaha XSR700 IS BEST ?

VelvetMull
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: Yamaha

#14 Unread post by VelvetMull »

montanalifters wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2428 7:05 pm I like it a lot. Yamaha is doing well in my opinion to keep offering great bikes that are sub 10k. I do see a lot of people painting that radiator black to match the bike. I am assuming this bike is sub 10k. I voted Cool.
Our market is stupid. There are too many people who want a Harley or a GSXR/CBRR. There's barely any middle ground to get these interesting bikes.

lisagen
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2020

#15 Unread post by lisagen »

it resembles a retro UJM, however I truly don't care for the intricacy and wreck of the motor. It resembles a Transformer hurled to make that mechanical wreck of a left side! The parts are pleasant, it's simply excessively occupied for the eye.

Ava Ross
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: rental bikes

#16 Unread post by Ava Ross »

I am new to this arena. only been a year riding these. getting to know a lot from you all.

IntincrLouis
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2012 Bajaj Pulsar 150

#17 Unread post by IntincrLouis »

The XSR700 sounds like an incredible blend of timeless design and modern technology. The 689cc inline 2-cylinder engine with 'crossplane philosophy' and agile chassis must make for an exhilarating ride. It's a true homage to Yamaha's history while embracing the future of motorcycling.
Explore a wide selection of high-quality Motorcycle Spare Part for all your biking needs.