Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Cleveland CycleWerks Misfit Gen II - Coolness Factor = 52.8%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Cleveland CycleWerks Misfit Gen II on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Gen-II.htm

2016 Cleveland CycleWerks Misfit Gen II

A great sporty commuter...

Cleveland CycleWerks produced the 1st generation Misfit from 2010 to 2015, and was a bigger success than we could have ever imagined. It was the second model that Cleveland CycleWerks produced, with The Heist being the first. The original Misfit has already proved itself as great sporty commuter, while the 2nd generation Misfit is an all-new creation built from the ground up – and a significant step forward in both design and engineering for Cleveland CycleWerks.

The Gen II Misfit launched mid-year 2015 as a 2016 model year vehicle.

WE ARE CLEVELAND!

2016 Cleveland CycleWerks Misfit Gen II http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

DESIGN: With respect to the design of our original model, there are also several areas of departure. The chassis is physically larger with added stability at higher speeds. We have retained our low seat height, but enlarged the cockpit area for larger rider's comfort. The chassis also has a more forward wedge for a sportier ride. The gas tank is more chiseled with crisp styled lines. The knee indents on the gas tank are deeper and functional for knee down, deep cornering. The Café seat cover can be removed to reveal a flat passenger seat below.

2016 Cleveland CycleWerks Misfit Gen II - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See a Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See a Dealer for Pricing in CDN

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Gen-II.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Cleveland CycleWerks Misfit Gen II - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brand new from CCW! I couldn't find a price, but the Gen I was $3k USD and $3300 CAD.

Just a side note to those new to CCW: http://clevelandcyclewerks.com/about-ccw/

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

.....and if it is like any of their other offering, the fit and finish will be crap, major components such as brake caliper will fail or fall off as soon as you ride it off the showroom floor, and the engine wont have enough power to run a little girls sewing machine......because its a Cleveland CycleWerks POS and they will soon hit the social media outlets to flood us with their wannabe biker drooling fanboys to artificially boost their rating, it rate an automatic fail.............hmmm, I've been banging on for ages about having a MEH option in the votes, for offerings from dodo Companies such as CCW, we really need a POS (Piece Of Sh**) option below the fail option.
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#4 Unread post by faded sun »

Aside from the questions of mechanical soundness, it looks awkward to me with that tiny head floating in all that space under the tank. I'm going off to look at other naked 250's to see how they handle the relative smallness of the motor to the size of the bike. Since there is no fairing to hide it behind it is kind of glaring.
It's kind of hard to compare it to others in this range without a price. The Hyosung we just looked at was a one-lunger 250 at $3800 and was a damn sight better looking than this. I get the retro look, really I do, but this looks like an old bike frame with a tiny engine stuck inside it, which kind of looks home-made to me.

Never seen a bike list a top speed in the specs before, except that NoX monster from Kawasaki, which is another universe from this one.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote: Never seen a bike list a top speed in the specs before, except that NoX monster from Kawasaki, which is another universe from this one.
70mph would be a tad optimistic I would say for 14.8hp, but I would think they are putting it there to show it can do highway speeds. A Ninja 250R would do 90mph @ 28hp and streamlined at that. I'm not sure if I would really be happy with a 14.8hp on the highway...

Mike

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#6 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
faded sun wrote: Never seen a bike list a top speed in the specs before, except that NoX monster from Kawasaki, which is another universe from this one.
70mph would be a tad optimistic I would say for 14.8hp, but I would think they are putting it there to show it can do highway speeds. A Ninja 250R would do 90mph @ 28hp and streamlined at that. I'm not sure if I would really be happy with a 14.8hp on the highway...

Mike
as I said, an anemic engine with barely enough oomf to power a little girls toy sewing machine. Plus you just know the fit and finish is going to be crap and that will be about as reliable as a cheap Rolex watch knock off bought at a 3rd rate Mombai slum market. How it is has garnered any positive votes is beyond me.
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#7 Unread post by faded sun »

totalmotorcycle wrote:

Mike[/quote]

I just checked that Hyosung listing again. It says 28 HP, twice (ok, roughly twice) what this one has. Yeow!

Hunting further I see the TU250X from Suzuki is similarly around the 14-16 HP mark. Quite the difference.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:I just checked that Hyosung listing again. It says 28 HP, twice (ok, roughly twice) what this one has. Yeow!
You know, that's one really good thing about the Hyosung 250cc bikes, very nice horsepower for the size. Double the horsepower is definitely a noticeable difference.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, time for me to vote on this one.

The 2016 Cleveland CycleWerks Misfit Gen II is quite interesting as if you look at it from a whole package standpoint (price, size, power, reliability, looks) it's ok at best. If I just look at it style wise, I really like it. But that's because the Chinese have a way of "ripping off design cues" that we like and putting it together in a mixed package. The 2016 Cleveland CycleWerks Misfit Gen II looks to me like a bit of Norton, Triumph, late 70's Yamaha and even some Moto Guzzi V7 in there... to me, it's definitely a nicer looking bike than the Misfit Gen I. Do I mind CCW/Chinese design firm decided to take all these unique features and put it in one model? Yes and no. Every model has something unique about it but also shares design cues, the issue wit the Misfit Gen II (and most Chinese bikes) is it's uniqueness comes from taking everyone elses stuff. Legally, that's a weak leg to stand on, but design wise, we will all find something we like about it if you follow me.

From what I read on the internet the poor reliability is defiantly an issue. I think (but cannot confirm) if this is the SAME 250cc engine that was in the other 250cc CCW's, I believe it is though. But the other components look newer... that said, it's definitely a gamble if the Misfit Gen II is really good or not.

Design wise, it's a SOLID Cool for me.
Everything else: It's an uncool.

That said, CCW "made" the Misfit II look better and is now more "modern", so I'll give them a Cool,

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#10 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Oh wow... is that a mish-mash of all the bikes Total Motorcycle Mike has owned? I first saw his Seca, now I see his Guzzi in it.

When I look at it, especially in that bright green, I am super wowed. I voted Cool only because I am concerned about longevity and reliability. If this bike were a Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, or Honda, I'd be going Awesome.

Nicely done, Cleveland CycleWerks!
Andrea :sun: