totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2016 Can-Am Spyder F3T - Vote Now

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Every few months a Can-Am comes up on the Cool Wall. I wonder what's the average score of all the Can-Ams that have appeared on the wall so far?
Interesting question! I took a look at all the Can-Am's we have had up on the Cool Wall: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/coolwall/masterlist.htm and it appears, the average score is....

Wait for it...

45.2%

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Cool

I like the Can-Am series more this year than last year. Can-Am started dropping all those insanely weird color combinations and went to a more "sporty elegant" look, which is better IMO. The F3 is odd to me with it's strange sitting position (cruiser style) for a 3 wheeler. Back in 2007 when Can-Am started up, they were a strange beast and I would have bet they wouldn't have lasted more than a few years. Even today, I still don't see many on the roads but yet there are more and more models (and variants) each year. It's puzzling, but obviously, BRP/Can-Am knows what they are doing right? Or at least has so much money to throw at this line that to refuse for it to go away.

Cool, odd, but still puzzling.

But even then, Reliant Robins were popular at one time too...

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Can-Am Spyder F3T - Coolness Factor = 45.8%
Featured: September 25th, 2015 - October 2nd 2015
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52135
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... er-F3T.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Can-Am Spyder F3T is:

Awesome (3 points) 17% [ 4 ]
Cool (2 points) 33% [ 8 ]
Uncool (1 point) 21% [ 5 ]
Fail (0 point) 29% [ 7 ]

Total votes: 24

= a Coolwall Factor of 45.8%

Notes: The Can-Am Spyder... is it a motorcycle or a car? Does it have all the benefits or the drawbacks of both? Our readers and riders are confused as well. This is the 5th Can-Am Spyder that's been on our Cool Wall in the past 4 years, their average rating was 45.2%, so the new F3T gets a 45.8%... maybe the traction of three wheels just isn't enough to pull it up the Cool Wall?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#14 Unread post by jstark47 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Even today, I still don't see many on the roads but yet there are more and more models (and variants) each year.
Around here I wouldn't say they're common, but they're not exactly rare either. Probably every weekend there are a lot of bikes out I see at least one Spyder. I probably see more of them than sidecar rigs.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S