Dirt to Street. My blog about anything, usually motorcycles.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#21 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

I think the PCIIIUSB smooths things out like a TRE would. Not sure though.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#22 Unread post by VermilionX »

GeoffEX650R wrote:I think the PCIIIUSB smooths things out like a TRE would. Not sure though.
yeah but i know together w/ a pipe, the PCIII will add a lot of HP.

unlike the TRE which just gives you smoother power delivery on lower revs and gear but still have the same peak hp.

my mechanic said it will add around 30hp on my previous 1K if i did it. of course it's all % so a 650R and a 750 won't gain as much.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

From what i've read, the peak HP increase is only a few hp with PCIII and pipe, but it increase power throughout the power band and make the bike feel a lot better. BUT i gotta pay off the bike a bit, along with the new gear i bought before i mod it at all.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#24 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

http://www.just650s.com/

$54 for the kit. Guess what I just ordered.

PS - I think the vanity plate "N1NJ4" is in order.

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#25 Unread post by VermilionX »

GeoffEX650R wrote:http://www.just650s.com/

$54 for the kit. Guess what I just ordered.

PS - I think the vanity plate "N1NJ4" is in order.
cool!

my fender eliminator is home made by my mechanic and he charged me $20 for it.

your passenger pegs doesn't seem to so bad since it's not connected to the tail anyway.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#26 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

VermilionX wrote:your passenger pegs doesn't seem to so bad since it's not connected to the tail anyway.
I guess not. Maybe if i remove them the mounts won't look too bad sitting there nekkid...

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#27 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

TODAY (too lazy)
So... The bike's at 750+ miles. I think closer to 770. Since i got her, she's had the undertail kit installed. She looks gooood. I've been jonsing an arata exhaust, that MotoGP inspired look has grown on me.

But anyway. I'm wanting to sell the ranger and get a beater car for the winter.

BAH i have tomorrow/today off and i don't know where to go! This whole lack of destination thing is really pissing me off. If i could just get 2 "procreating" days off from work i could do a REALLY long trip (200+ miles 1 way maybe?) and crash in a motel when i get to wherever i'm going. Just that the whole luggage situation isn't that great. I have... a backpack. And that's it. I at least want saddle bags before i ride back to western MA in august.

BUT anywho i needed to gripe a bit, so I did.

Oh, did i mention, i want to blow my XR up? The brakes have SIEZED on me and the "procreating" thing won't even move. That'll teach me to not ride it for almost a month. Ugh, no one will want to buy a broken dirtbike.

But anyway, I'm REALLY looking foward to riding back home in August, I miss my friends, I miss my dog, and I miss mom and luke. I think I'll be jorb hunting when i get there, I hope a week is going to be long enough. Maybe I'll take a suprise ride down... It is only 220 miles away. At 49 mpg that's 4.5 gallons, 1+ fillups... hmm.. Now i gotta figure costs involved, sweet, something to do at 2:30 am.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#28 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

July 02, 2006
Miles: 1,651.

So, as it worked out, i had wed/thurs off this week, and last minute, decided to ride out to western MA. So, i called my mom and told her i was coming down, and i'm probably leaving EARLY wed moring. As it turns out, i left late tuesday night, at about 11:30 after work. I called her BEFORE work and told her, and when i got out, i had a message on my phone basically saying "call me when you get this, luke wants to ride out and meet you half way". Sweet, a riding buddy. So i start down I-95 and meet luke and my mom in portsmouth, NH, just over the ME/NH border. "Hey, we're taking rt 101 back, stay behind me, don't tail gate, and no riding two to a lane", were my instructions from him. Mom of course had to hug me 583673497593485 times before we could get going. Let's just say, i've never gone so fast through small towns before. Relax, it was early early AM (1-2ish) and there was NO ONE else out. Except for that ONE car that was half in our lane on a right hander. Morons need to learn to stay in their lane or slow down. Sure, hitting an apex is fun, but use the double yellows for the inside of the turn, not the oncoming lane.

We stopped just outside the VT border on the NH side so luke could put on his helmet.

Oh yeah, at one gas stop, i said to luke "Go ahead, take her for a quick rip. No wheelies though, i need these fork seals to last me" and the first thing he does is wheelie the bike and points that front wheel at the moon. sonuva. Not to mention he does an endo when he comes back. The first words out of his mouth when he got off were "I'd get myself in trouble with a sport bike. I want another one". He's one of those 'a 600 is too small for me and i can actually use the bike to it's full limits' guys. The next words were "It's peppy, but not a whole lot of power there". heh.

Anywho, we get to their house at 4 am and we all sleep. I wake up at about 1 and head out. I have 6 hours to kill before i have to meet mom at her mothers/my grandma's house for diner. So i shoot down from Bernardston, MA to Greenfield, MA and stop at my old work to see some peeps. Elizabeth working and said we and a few people should see a movie later. That fell through, as did the last 234536 times i tried to hang out with her. Guess I'm used to it. Anyway, i grabed a soda, and hop across the street to see my friend Corey who started working at the gas station there. I get off the bike and realize, my license plate tore off. It tore the "fudge" off. All that was left were the upper corners where the plate was bolted to the holder. "procreating" carboard temp plates. So, i get a piece of cardboard from Corey, along with a marker, and make a plate. I also called the local popo and told them the situation. Basically, i was told that i WILL get pulled over, but as long as the plate actually matches the VIN/Reg/Ins, it'll just be a big hassle, stern talking to, and 30 mins wasted, not an actual ticket. Works for me.

Anyway, after the Plate Making 101 class, i shot down the back roads, to avoid cops, to Turners, MA (with a quick stop at my great gma's to say hi. My great gramps seemed sad when he looked at my bike. He had to sell his cause he just couldn't ride anymore. Guy's been riding since he was in his early 20's, former NYC bike cop, back when Indian was the typical bike for the police to ride. Though admitedly, the idea of an 89 year old man riding a motorcycle scare me. Though he sold it at 83 i think. Old BMW, wnat to say K75) to see my friend chris.

And after that i went to see Amy's new apt. And her new kitten. They were both pretty cool, as was her roomates dog. It looked like what you'd get if a german sheperd "messed" a corky.

So from there, i went BACK to chris' apt. We hung out til about 3 am, walked to cumbies, talking about me moving in and working out. We get back and he WAS planning on sleeping, as was i, then he gets the bright idea "dude, "fudge" sleep, let's ride". Damn striaght! So there it is, 3:30 am, and we're blasting down a windy, partially wet, and very dark road, exceding the speed limit by at least 15 mph. All is going well, until the last turn of the road. It... snuck up on us to say the least. All i can say is this; i love my BT020's and my bikes cat like reflexes. Stayd in my lane the whole time. Poor chris on his LTD was on the very far side of the road, and almost shat himself. So, being on rt 116, and only 5 mins from the Whately Diner, we head to said diner. We got breakfast (4 am by now) and talked/joked with John Sr., our friend John's dad. He's cool "poo poo" (both Sr. and Jr.) so we had some fun there. After that we rode the 30 min trip to John's house in about 20 minutes and hung out for about 15 mins before heading back to chris' to sleep. We were both up by 11 and *gasp* went for another ride. Not a long one though, and nothing really jumps out at me as to what we did. Hour tops. It starts to rain a bit so we have a cookout (smart, i know).

At some point, i went to diner with mom and luke, we took his truck.

Anyway, my "O Ring" was killing me by the time i got back here to ME.

Things i wish i coulda done. Went for a ride with Dan. That and wake up early enough to see Dana at work. Oh well, when i move back to MA the end of the month, i'll ride with him and see dana a lot.

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#29 Unread post by KarateChick »

:shock: your name, your name....what have you done to your name..... (your tmw name that is...) :wink:
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#30 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

KarateChick wrote::shock: your name, your name....what have you done to your name..... (your tmw name that is...) :wink:
lol i change it to random "poo poo" now and then. It's now semi back (dropped the EX) to normal. Forever Two Wheels!!!

July 11, 2006
Miles: ~1,800
SOOOOOOO yesterday, i slept from noon to 9 pm. Now I'm still up. Well, sorta, i took a 3 hour nap like a bit ago after getting home from DMV. I now have a new plate on the bike and can ride during the day without (more) unwanted attention from the po-po.

But anywho, YESTERDAY i picked up some chain lube. Put it on today, sweet, one thing down. Uhhh, went for a grand ole ride this morning at 2 am, it was fun. That is all.