the build(s?) (mysta2)

ex_newmexican
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#141 Unread post by ex_newmexican »

so, how do we go about purchasing some of your awesome headlight brackets??

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#142 Unread post by AZRider »

Very interesting stuff youve got going on there.
Hate to here youre going to sell the Duc.
I am very interested to see what takes shape with the 750. One of the greatest bikes of all time. I had one too. Wish I still did have it. Some day Ill get one. Got an Idea for it myself :wink:
Kawi VN1600

I dont give a damn what the name on the bike is..........Just ride it.

AZRider: Never met a bike he didnt like.

snorkelfork
Rookie
Rookie

#143 Unread post by snorkelfork »

yum! you find the clutch piece you were looking for?

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#144 Unread post by mysta2 »

yup, got myself a clutch eccentric, then found out I needed a pushrod too. Called Bates up and they tracked one down along with this:

It didn't look that good to start with though, I resprayed the black, put it on the lathe, and sanded it till it looked good.

I don't know where to go for the seat, but if you find a place you like let me know, I haven't tackled that hurtle yet.

As far as selling the Duc, I would like to, but I realized I probably wouldn't end up with much cash if I did since I'd probably be able to sell it for just about what I owe in it. That idea's been back burnered.

one of my latest creations:

Chris inspired me with the mounting method:
previously it had just been run under the seat, and it was neither graceful nor stable.

my car gets to live in the garage for a while since the HOA complained that it doesn't have current tags.

I'll need to get a cover for the main switch so it doesn't get filled with grime
all that's really left to do is fuel lines (which I did last night) carb drain lines and, swap the top tree for my other/non broken one.

everyone always asks me about the Bat-Pac it did not work for me the bike died instead of idleing, this is the one I'll be using for now:
my girl says the belt's ghetto, I just think it's cool.

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#145 Unread post by mysta2 »

Hardlines are cool, they look so much cleaner than the, and you can run them in all kinds of cool ways that rubber hoses will never put up with.

what you'll need:
and some cable ties or tiny hose clamps. I got the copper hose in a pressure gauge kit I picked up at autozone (the blister pack)

I shoved a 2.5 T handle allen wrench down the line to straighten it out, then started bending

shrink wrap:

and cable ties:

find a good place to dump

onesickrace
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

a seat...

#146 Unread post by onesickrace »

check bratstyle.com for either seat purchase or ideas... check the custom bikes link...enjoying the build. looks kill
these are the days, they always have been

beardking
Elite
Elite

#147 Unread post by beardking »

mysta2 wrote:
I don't know where to go for the seat, but if you find a place you like let me know, I haven't tackled that hurtle yet.
Mysta, just wanted to let you know that I've found a place call Cash Upholstery in Carrollton on Whitlock Lane that does bike seats. I'm not sure about their work yet, but I'll know by this time next week. I'm dropping off my seat for my Nighthawk on Wed. to get it recovered. That is if I stop spending money this weekend. :D I'll let you know if I'm impressed or not, but so far they've come fairly well recommended.
1999 Nighthawk 750

beardking
Elite
Elite

#148 Unread post by beardking »

Mysta, I just wanted to let you know, I took my seat to Cash Upholstery today on my lunch. Dropped it off about noon. At around 3, I got a call and my seat was done. Now, I'm sure that this isn't typical, but it was definitely a nice turnaround time. He said that when I dropped it off he was in between projects and so he just jumped on it and got it out of the way.

All I had done was replace the original cover with new "harley" vinyl and shave the seat down by about a 1/2" or so to let my feet be "one" with the ground at stop lights. 85 bucks and three hours later, I'm golden. So, I'd have to say that I highly recommend this guy.[/url]
1999 Nighthawk 750

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#149 Unread post by Shorts »

That's where the heck my mallet went. I couldn't find it on my shelf when I needed it last week :naughtynaughty:

my car gets to live in the garage for a while since the HOA complained that it doesn't have current tags.

I hate HOAs with a passion. They "dog" and moan about anything and everything under the sun.

The bike looks excellent!

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#150 Unread post by mysta2 »

...That's where the heck my mallet went. I couldn't find it on my shelf when I needed it last week :naughtynaughty:
Feel free to drop by and pick it up :)

thanks for the link on Cash Beardking, I'll probably swing by there when I get Loudbike out of the garage.
[url=http://www.cafepress.com/dropbars][img]http://www.dropbars.com/cafepress%20banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Check out my [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=5844]blog[/url] for the latest on my little project.