My Moto Guzzi V7. Does it smell like pizza or is it just me?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: My Moto Guzzi V7. Does it smell like pizza or is it just me?

#261 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:We can't believe you without a picture. :P :mrgreen:
There you go :)
2.jpg
2.jpg (85.83 KiB) Viewed 20898 times
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#262 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Amazing to consider what's happened in our lives and the Guzzi since I last posted.

Unfortunately in March, my wife was laid off from her job in oil and gas and such both our work visas depended on that employment to stay in the USA. Her company gave us just 10 days to leave the USA and go back home. In March/April Andrea and I arrived back in Calgary, Alberta and then I headed back after 10 days to Houston to clean up the mess there while she did the same in Calgary. While in Houston I fire sold everything off I could, but I kept my Guzzi to be shipped back to Canada.

Mid-April my Guzzi arrives with all our stuff from Houston to fit into a "comfortable" 880 sq/ft, 2 bedroom apartment. (I'll go into more detail about how to ship a bike from the USA to Canada, all the forms, processes and prices next post).

After having it out of country inspected (passed) and then out of province inspected (passed), I'm now ready to get it insured locally today or on Monday and take the Texas plate off and put on a Alberta plate. I'm currently riding with my Texas insurance and plate! :)

Thus, what a ride!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#263 Unread post by Hanson »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Amazing to consider what's happened in our lives and the Guzzi since I last posted.

Unfortunately in March, my wife was laid off from her job in oil and gas ... I hate to hear those words. I am sorry for the hard times.

... my Guzzi to be shipped back to Canada. ... I hate to here these words just as much. It should be a crime to ship a motorcycle over land, but glad you kept your Italian supermodel.

Mike
This is wishing you and yours the best in the future.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#264 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks Richard!!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#265 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I finally got the chance to ride out of the city yesterday and at first, I wanted to ride to our mini-Grand Canyon (Drumheller, AB) but I decided to head towards the mountains! What a ride it was, I forgot how fun corners are living in Houston (the land of highways and straight roads). But that said, MAN IS IT COLDER than I remembered riding in Canada out in the mountains! Brr!!

....and the bugs! Darn, the bugs where everywhere!!

That said, the scenery was a 11/10. :)

Mike

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#266 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I finally got the chance to ride out of the city yesterday and at first, I wanted to ride to our mini-Grand Canyon (Drumheller, AB) but I decided to head towards the mountains! What a ride it was, I forgot how fun corners are living in Houston (the land of highways and straight roads). But that said, MAN IS IT COLDER than I remembered riding in Canada out in the mountains! Brr!!

Mike
How far did you get Mike?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#267 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:I finally got the chance to ride out of the city yesterday and at first, I wanted to ride to our mini-Grand Canyon (Drumheller, AB) but I decided to head towards the mountains! What a ride it was, I forgot how fun corners are living in Houston (the land of highways and straight roads). But that said, MAN IS IT COLDER than I remembered riding in Canada out in the mountains! Brr!!

Mike
How far did you get Mike?

Right to the end of Hwy 66 and into the camp ground there. Unfortunately the rock road was closed that day (saying a bridge was out). All of us will have to go out there together soon on all our bikes :revv:

and now for some photos!!

...and for those wondering what that blue sticker is on the left side of my bike by the rear pegs, that's my Texas safety inspection sticker (valid). :)
DSC01317b.jpg
DSC01317b.jpg (49.64 KiB) Viewed 20421 times
Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#268 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, time goes by so quickly!

Gez, well. At the end of the riding season last year we moved to Waterloo, Ontario from Calgary, Alberta! I love my Guzzi so much that, again, it moved with me another 3600km's east this time (as opposed to the 3500km's North from Houston, Texas to Calgary, AB). This Guzzi gets around I tell you!

So, another inspection, another license plate, another part of North America! Good thing I like this motorcycle so much to drag it around and pay for the move of it!

On Monday, I charged up the battery, checked it over, and fired it up since I put it away in November and went for a short (cold) ride. What a blast!

Welcome to Ontario roads there Guzzi, it's a far, far way from Texas and Italy, but I think you'll love it neverless. :revv:

Mike

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#269 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Sounds like you like Ontario. Was the move for work for Mrs TMW?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#270 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:59 am Sounds like you like Ontario. Was the move for work for Mrs TMW?
50/50... Yes, the employment and economy of Alberta wasn't too rosy (for really anyone) and Mrs TMW found a new position here in Waterloo. Looking Canada wide it was 81 jobs for her career path (Data Management) in Ontario and 4 in all other parts of Canada, thus, Ontario was the pick. For me, my (what is left of) family is in Toronto and I haven't lived in Toronto since I left in 1998, so it was an opportunity to come home for a bit.

Can't wait to have a long, warm summer again by a lake... but I do miss the mountains and the (just) 5% sales tax (vs the 13% here).

Mike