My Moto Guzzi V7. Does it smell like pizza or is it just me?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: My Moto Guzzi V7. Does it smell like pizza or is it just

#201 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

sunshine229 wrote:...BTW... he tries to BBQ everything now. :thumbsup:

And he is out riding my Ninja since his bike is "screwed"!!! I wonder what he'll say when he returns... he hasn't ridden my Ninja very much and it's been a while... :confused:
B-B-Qing is Fun-a-Qin'! :) (isn't that the WORST pun ever?)

Have to say your Ninja is quite a fun bike, nice on to ride on the highway with the full fairing and the bike sure does eat up the miles easily and in stop and go traffic is easy to go at 4-5mph without weaving. I can definitely see why you enjoy enjoy it! I had someone at a stop light ogling the bike over. I think I'm just a little too tall for it though as after 30 mins I can really feel it in my wrists and elbow from the riding position.

Wrider & Dr_Bar : I considered getting a patch, but (for me), I'd rather be safe than sorry, and as it's my first flat tire in 20 years I'm ok with replacing it... but ask me again if this one goes in 100 miles... :laughing:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#202 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Well, I got my new black donut today in the mail from Bike Bandit (http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-538038-1174801). I find it amazing that Bike Bandit ships a 13lb tire for free across the country and according to the tire's DOT code (date of manufacturer), it was just manufactured last month, so nice new fresh rubber to burn. :D

I'll attach a photo of it tomorrow. :photo:

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#203 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

So I got my new tire on the Guzzi and it feels sporty again. :D

I got the opportunity to see the old tire with a 1.5" screw in it. Seems I put on a little bit of distance on the tire as it went slowly flat. Luckily, the sidewalls are strong on a Bias-ply thus the rim never hit the ground at any time. Now, hopefully, I won't get screwed again by the Houston war-zone roads!

Speaking of Houston's War Zone Roads I think I'll grab a few photos of just how BAD the main roads are here next time I'm out. :D

4-6" ridges between lanes, 4" unfilled gaps, pot holes, horrible uneven pavement and even the occasional sink hole are common place.

Mike

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#204 Unread post by Wrider »

I'll have to GoPro the ride down our highway... You literally get bumped out of your seat 3 or 4 times in 2 miles, and in one area, it's that bad plus curved, and the combination makes it so bad that they marked it with solid lines...
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#205 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wrider wrote:I'll have to GoPro the ride down our highway... You literally get bumped out of your seat 3 or 4 times in 2 miles, and in one area, it's that bad plus curved, and the combination makes it so bad that they marked it with solid lines...
Sounds like a good idea for a new thread "Show how bad your roads are"

Mike

Paul-50
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: Moto guzzi stone

#206 Unread post by Paul-50 »

...smells like pizza .. feels like Italian heaven .. I just bought the same model and I love itI!! I haven't had a great deal of opportunity to ride but, it's great to be ready for the road come the new year. I like that particular wind shield ... where can I buy the same model?? ...anyone? :?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#207 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Paul-50 wrote:...smells like pizza .. feels like Italian heaven .. I just bought the same model and I love itI!! I haven't had a great deal of opportunity to ride but, it's great to be ready for the road come the new year. I like that particular wind shield ... where can I buy the same model?? ...anyone? :?
Hi Paul!

Welcome to the community! It's awesome to hear you are loving your Guzzi V7 Stone as much as I am. Make sure you get those aftermarket pipes for it, it really sounds like Italian opera and it drops about 12lbs in the bike's weight too.

The windshield is a DART brand one. I did a review on it here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/reviews/ ... Review.htm

Looking forward to reading your Guzzi stories here on TMW!

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#208 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

My Guzzi's 1st Birthday!

:happybirthday:

Wow, amazing it's been 1 year alreay. So far it is at 2,700 miles (4,350 km's for my friends back in Canada). And not 1 mechanical issue at all! I did have a defective oil plug cap and I did run over a screw this summer and replaced the tire, but other than that, I have to say I'm VERY impressed with the Moto Guzzi. I did expect to have some mechanical issues as, let's face it, Moto Guzzi is a smaller manufacturer and with hand built bikes in smaller numbers you can have issues.

So 1 year and I am still in love with that engine and exhaust note. Power wise it has honestly surprised me as it can handle 75mph+ and keep going on the highway and around town the low down torque is really handy. The downsides are slow speed handling (under 10mph) is tricky mostly due to the engine weight being higher up and I'd still like to get more MPG than 48ish. But I'm happy it has a full sized gas tank (22l/5.3gal) that will take you over 200 miles on, a roomy and comfortable bench seat I can slide back on and absolutely beautiful (11/10) gauges/clocks that I enjoy reading/looking at.

Other things I've discovered is the dual personality of the bike. Below 4000rpm it will just be happy cruising along. Ride it at 4000-8000rpm and you have a V-Twin sporty bike that's torque will surprise you (has me and I catch myself holding on harder than I would on hard accelerations from 2nd-3rd gear).

Would I recommend it? Sure would! I think it would make a great 1st bike for an advanced rider/returning rider or a great 2nd+ bike for anyone who enjoy's torque sports and the sound of a V8.

Happy 1st Birthday Guzzi! You are definitely a treasure.

Mike

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#209 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Mike, Carrie says you should meet us in Vegas next summer and put some real miles on that Guzzi. You and Andrea game?

mgrt13
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: v7 Stone (from end Feb 2013)

#210 Unread post by mgrt13 »

Mike

Congrats on the recent birthday, i feel the love of the v7. But i have to say that mine has been messed with, shes not what she was, shes a twisted frankinstien of a bike, but i love her.

I may post a few teasing pics this weekend....

Mgrt13
MGRT13
####################################
Previous Bikes (that I can remember)
Honda SL125
Simson SR51 (Bet this one is a rare one on here)
Yamaha DT125
Yamaha XJ600
Yamaha FZ400
Kawasaki ZXR6
Yamaha YZF R125
Current - Moto Guzzi V7 Stone "The Flying Tiger"