csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

Re: My journey begins on mis Doce. 2008 Honda CBR125R

#21 Unread post by csspostal »

Wrider wrote:I sure can, who would buy that helmet except for a big ole squid? :laughing: JK nice helmet!
I'm not a squid :baby: I'm a Image

If I was however I'd get a lid like this.

Or like this one

Well the sales guy did say we have these mohawks you can attach to them I'm like WTF um no thanks.
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#22 Unread post by csspostal »

:specialannouncement:

I did it made home safe and sound this time. My little lady is home in the driveway it took 86.9km and two trips and a month at the spa for a makeover to do it though.

Got my uncle to pick me up was having a few :beer: last night so I left my van at his place. So he picked me up the bike registration and insurance was in my van. So he took me back to pick it up. His neighbour's ex was coming to pick up his stuff after a year so we got suckered into helping her move all the junk out of the garage to the end of the driveway for him to pick it up. Was their a lot of stuff. Took awhile.

My mom that doesn't drive wanted a lift to bingo so I got my aunt to give her a ride. Unfortunately my lid was in the van and she took it with her to take my mom to Bingo. My uncle and I are wondering where my aunt is?? Turns out she took the Lucy (their dog) to a Dog park in the next town over let her run around for an hour or so. My uncle finally called and she wrapped it up and came home.

My uncle and I then drove to the dealership to pick up my bike. He took the route we were going to take on the way home. Got to the dealer he wheeled the bike out and said drive safe and don't scratch that pretty lid. I personally think they might have a :squiddly: pool to see if I made it home or not :laughing: .

We started home on the way up seen some "O Ring" in a cage pass three cars behind us and then two more in front up a hill on a double yellow on the way up. So I was a bit nervous when going up a hill. I sat up straight to try and peek over the ridge to see if another jackass was going to do the same thing or not.

Pretty uneventful thankfully. Was a nice relaxing ride cruising at 80km was a little bit windy and got pushed a little bit but found I adapted to it pretty quickly. My uncle was kind enough to follow me home to cover my six on the way back. Ran into a half dozen riders most were standards or sport bikes. I did see one with a side car and thought of :gummiente: and gave the wave. Even a pack of Harley riders gave me the wave too :group:

When I pulled into town the hot dog guy had his cart out and thought about stopping for a sausage but said nah lets just get Mis Doce home safe and sound. Drove on past and pulled back into my uncles driveway and parked the little lady.

My aunt and her neighbour were came back from walking the dogs and her neighbour offered to let me keep my bike in her garage until my uncle gets around to clearing a spot out for helping her with her ex's stuff. I thought that was quite nice. I then hopped into the van and came home as I called the wife to let her know I made it. Thought she might be worried because of last time but she was taking a nap :dunno: .

I was informed she had one of my favs cooking corned beef. Yummy told her I'd be home shortly. So as she is back sleeping again I'm watching supper cook awaiting to go back to my uncles and watch the last leafs game of the season and :drunk:

As I plan on being hungover tomorrow the little lady can have a rest until next weekend and I'm betting I'll still have a :biker: the next time I take her out.
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#23 Unread post by csspostal »

I went for a quick spin today 22 minutes according to google maps :)

Had some time to kill after I was done school this afternoon and before I had to run the wife to the grocery store to get some stuff for supper.

I got bored and did the route I took in Google maps and cut a screen shot of it. Didn't stall this trip, shifting getting smoother and only had one ignorant cager on my "O Ring" trying to kiss license plates. Shrunk my cushion from a car and half to just a car length to get a bit more room. Then headed back to put the little girl away.
second-ride.jpg

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#24 Unread post by csspostal »

Ok so I was a little bit bored after supper as well so I did a map route of my first ride that didn't end well and what I count as first official ride as it actually finished safely.

The route I took when I crashed
crashroute.jpg

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#25 Unread post by csspostal »

The route I took when I was on my second try in bringing Mis Doce home. (sucessfully I might add :) )
first-ride.jpg

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#26 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

csspostal wrote:...only had one ignorant cager on my "O Ring" trying to kiss license plates. Shrunk my cushion from a car and half to just a car length to get a bit more room.
I'm probably an over-safety conscious rider - but when people crawl up my butt, I actually increase my space cushion and do my best to ensure that the driver behind me can see the cage in front of me. I have two reasons for this:
1) Gives me more time to react to any panic stops ahead - so I'm less likely to have a panic stop and have a cage enema.
2) Typically, the driver behind me will see the panic stop ahead of me and react at about the same time as I do to traffic that we may impact.
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#27 Unread post by csspostal »

RhadamYgg wrote:
csspostal wrote:...only had one ignorant cager on my "O Ring" trying to kiss license plates. Shrunk my cushion from a car and half to just a car length to get a bit more room.
I'm probably an over-safety conscious rider - but when people crawl up my butt, I actually increase my space cushion and do my best to ensure that the driver behind me can see the cage in front of me. I have two reasons for this:
1) Gives me more time to react to any panic stops ahead - so I'm less likely to have a panic stop and have a cage enema.
2) Typically, the driver behind me will see the panic stop ahead of me and react at about the same time as I do to traffic that we may impact.
This happened at a stop light that was red not moving in traffic.

I had a car in front of me (that I gave car and half length cushion for myself) then another behind kept up a little too close for comfort. So I moved up a and shifted to right side of lane and turned back and stared at the lady for a few seconds. Then waited for the light to go green. When the light turned proceeded through the intersection. There were some people getting into their cars and putting stuff in trunks. Once I passed this group it was clear I looked back and noticed the tailgater was about 3 car lengths behind me now :D must have had a bit of evil look in my eyes when gave them the look at the stoplight.

Should I have still done something different?

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#28 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

Ahh no you are probably good. I thought you were in moving traffic.
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#29 Unread post by csspostal »

Been on a few rides as of late up the back roads averaging 70 to 80 km a trip. I'd like to go further but if I have to slow on an incline that poor little 125 does the best she can but to carry my carcus up the hills but scrubs 10 to 15k and a couple gears :( to do it. Positive note getting plenty of practice changing gears. ;)

This last trip I took Mis Doce up to my grandpas for him to have a look. He said it was nice kind of small. Told him the dealership is open we can go get a bigger one if you want to co sign :devil: Got that smirk and look and I knew it wasn't going to happen. Followed by you know how dangerous those things are why would you get one. My grandpa is more of a numbers kind of guy and I explained that while being fun. Having transportation for under 100 bucks a month to run is a good thing incase I can't find work right out of school. Selling the mini van make smore sense and saves 500 plus a month. If I need too. I can always borrow my Aunts van if I need to cart the chitlins around.

He did ask if I had my wife Tina on the back of it yet I said no that poor little thing has a hard enough time carrying me around. That and I set a goal of 10k km before I'd take a passenger along. Which will mean my next bike :( It'd be fun to take her but not the right time yet.

On the way home from My Grandpas I finally got to see my headlights and instrument cluster come on :) I was surprised that the single light lit up the road like it did. The instruments lights were great I could finally see them. Riding during the day with the glare of the sun on the CBR it is really hard to tell if your high beam or even the turn signal indicator is on or off the lights are not powerful enough.

Also on the way home I seen a guy I met on a previous trip that also has a CBR 125. ON this trip I was coming back down the lakeshore towards Port Hope and I see this bike ahead of me and I wanted to catch up to ride in staggered formation. (little things amuse small minds) He'd always out corner me and get a bit of a lead. I caught him at a stop light just as we're about enter town in Port Hope pulled up beside him he had the same bike as I did. He stated hay you got the same ride Light turned green we got to the end of the main street where you either turned right or left (left would take me back towards home. He was turning right so I decided lets see where he is going so I followed caught him at the next stop light and he said I"m more then welcome to join him at Timmys for a coffee.

So we sat and chatted and found out another friend of his also bought the same bike as mine from the same dealer and has about the same amount of km's on his bike as I do. This gentlemen lives up in Newcastle (town where my grandpa lives) and that he rides his 125 up and down the lake shore between Newcastle and Port Hope all the time and that if I see him or his buddy that I should tag along for the ride and go for coffee with them. I said thanks. We had a pretty good chat. He bought a Honda 600 RR but he finds he rides his 125 more often as it is just fun. He to like me finds it slows on hills but he takes a good run to maintain speed up them. He friend who is skinny unlike us doesn't understand the slowing issues on hills as he doesn't have that problem (50lbs lighter I wonder why) We both lost track of time and decided we better get going.

No rides this past week :( just didn't have time and crappy weather this past weekend. However the weather for the week looks good.

On a positive note all the gear all the time seems to be rubbing off on my son. He even wore his helmet while he was making brownies for his mom on mothers day.
Attachments
tommycooking.jpg

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#30 Unread post by jstark47 »

csspostal wrote:He friend who is skinny unlike us doesn't understand the slowing issues on hills as he doesn't have that problem (50lbs lighter I wonder why)
Heh, heh. Read somewhere removing 7 lbs from payload is the equivalent of adding 1 horsepower. CBR125R makes 13 horsepower peak, so taking a little weight away is probably gonna make a big difference proportionally. (Not that I have any room to talk.....) :mrgreen:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S