Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Riding in the UK on my Kawasaki ZR750F

#31 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just wanted to add...

The A40/M40 we were on and stuck was because of an accident 25 miles from where Andrea (in the car) was stuck. I lane splitted and road the 25 miles up to the front of stuck highway and found 200 bikes waiting as well (ie. Silverstone MotoGP traffic), about another 100 bikes joined me from behind in the 20 minutes of waiting for the accident to be clearned.

Well, you have over 300 bikes coming from a MotoGP and you can imagine after waiting that long not moving there is going to be "quite the race" (70mph zone we are at 0 mph in) when the flag drops to go.

Thus, it did happen and I was in the middle of it all.. Well, it was motorcycle glory, 300+ bike engines all revving up ready to launch, they clearned the emergency vehicles away and we had 5 clear lanes of 70MPH...

VROOM!

Off we go, all of us, accelerating at max throttle. It was like being (I imagine) in a killer bee storm, bikes flying everywhere at full WOT.

The GSX750 was only passed by a few bikes, an Aprilia 1000R, a GSX1000R and a couple others (I think I was a flash of ducati in there too). I only sped up to the low 70mph range so I was passed as bikes were going much faster than that... unfortunately for them the police where ready up ahead and I saw bikes pulled over. Trust me, you don't want to get a ticket in the UK...

But what a blast! So in effect, it was just like I was in Silverstone MotoGP. :D

Wish I had the camera, but Andrea had it in the car, 25 miles back. I was home (30+ min ride), put away the bike and gear gave her a call on her cell and she hadn't moved yet...haha

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#32 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
But what a blast! So in effect, it was just like I was in Silverstone MotoGP. :D
Mike
As a racing addict who would have loved to have been at the GP, you really need a kick in the pants for not being there instead of riding right by....... :rant: :P

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#33 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, not 100% related, but when I was back in Calgary, I had the opportunity to rent a 2010 Dodge Challenger from Avis... and boy, what a car! I had it for 9 days. :D

I've love to buy one.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#34 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

http://youtu.be/Cpxy1p1LPFI

Riding around Rhodes (Greece) 2011

Riding around the Greek Island of Rhodes in Greece on a Honda Transalp. Watch 230km of island beachfront go by with relaxing waves, calm ocean; high evergreen mountains, twisty roads and beautiful sunsets. Sit back, Relax and enjoy the Aegean Sea on the North West and the Mediterranean Sea South East on the go by on this tour.

Taken with an Olympus digital video camera. Rhodes, Greece. May 2011

Music:

1. Belly Dancing - Greek Belly Dance Music - Bouzouki Solo - Public Domain
2. Mikis Theodorakis - Zorba le grec - Sirtaki (bouzouki)

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#35 Unread post by High_Side »

Very cool vid guys. It looks like an awesome trip! :righton:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#36 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:Very cool vid guys. It looks like an awesome trip! :righton:
Thanks so much, it was a lot of fun! I didn't bring my GoPro (looking back, I think I should have!) as I didn't want it to go missing in the hotel room... But the Olympus did "ok" and gave the video a 8mm look and I added 1960's "grainy" effect to it as it didn't look as good in colour.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#37 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Update: Andrea's GSX750Y is sold.
Attachments
GSX750_drivethru.jpg
GSX750_drivethru.jpg (84.48 KiB) Viewed 14842 times

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#38 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

and aparently I forgot to put, my ZR7F is sold as well (in March 2012) and we moved out of the UK (April 2012) to yet another country, USA! Now living in Houston, Texas. :D

Mike