D-Wayne and Ned

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

D-Wayne and Ned

#1 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

I've never really ever kept a journal of any kind for anything in my life so i have absolutely no idea how this will all turn out in the end, however that being said i'll probably find this little blog here as a nice way to put down the many things that come running through my head as time passes. :laughing:

I will definitely use this space as a place to show off the trips i hope to be taking in the near future... Can anyone say Roadtrip?

So i guess i will start off by giving you ( the lucky person who is reading this ) some info about yours truly:

Name: Evan
Nickname: D-Wayne....We shall get into that later
Current Occupation: Senior Line cook (blah)
Hometown: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Ride: 2008 Ninja 650R..... who has been dubbed, Ned
Reasons for riding: To pick up a hobby that i could do with friends, or without, I find that i have just as much fun by myself riding and thats a major bonus for me as I don't have much in my life where i can just have some "me" time.
Future Plans: Go to University in the fall, get my degree and have as many adventures and laughs along the way as possible.

I started riding small dirt bikes at the age of 15, and it has been with me ever since that summer when my cousin bought 2 dirt bikes for his home on his families piece of property in the states. My summers were spent racing downhill mountain bikes until I Bought my Ninja in October of 08, used with 275 km on it....thats right 275! It was essentially brand new and the previous owner even bought the "Good Times Protection plan" which was transferable to me at no extra cost....BONUS!! So i left the dealership feeling on top of the world, as all my hard work at of my part time jobs had payed off.

There is Ned, my pride and joy, who now has just over 1000 km's on the odometer, for you math wizards thats only 725 Km's that i was able to put on before the snow came flying through Alberta. However i just put him through the dealership for his first service on friday so i could beat the RIDICULOUS rush that every single repair shop/dealership gets when the weather is popping above 5 degrees for more than a week at a time. Yet it is currently sitting at a whopping -25 degrees so i will have to wait about a week or so before it gets warm again, according to the weather report. So i guess it looks like ill be on here for about a week before i can start sharing stories actually related to motorcycles :frusty:

See ya later!

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: two wheeled vehicle

#2 Unread post by wrecks »

Man you got a deal with the bike! Why did the guy/gal get rid of it in the first place?
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 GSXR 600 (taken out by cager)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

wrecks wrote:Man you got a deal with the bike! Why did the guy/gal get rid of it in the first place?

Apparently he wanted something with more "get up and go" so he traded it in for an 08 gsxr600, did not make any sense at all to me why he would buy the extra warranty if he was not sure he wanted the bike in the first place. However i am not complaining at all

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Its ALMOST SPRING! You wouldn't know it by the weather outside though, its friggen sitting at -24 without windchill.... awesome. :frusty:

Im starting to think that ill never get to hop on my bike before may, anyone lived in victoria? I would love to be able to move sometime real soon.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#5 Unread post by Wrider »

-24 eh? We're sitting at 22 above right now... :mrgreen: :laughing:
And yet I don't have a bike to ride... :cry:
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

I bought some sunglasses today, im pretty jacked because my last ones got smushed by a suitcase ....dang... better yet though, these look good with my helmet :)

Weather is on the up and up, it's actually sunny today thus why i bought the sunglasses. Cool thing too is that my girlfriends uncle owns a chain of apparel stores so i get pretty much everything i buy from there next to cost, as long as my girlfriend is with me. Its not just her looks that keep her around :laughing:. Nah in all seriousness she is probably the best thing thats ever happened to me.

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#7 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

When i got home from work today i went through some old stuff on my computer, and i found some older photos that made me think of how i really got into motorcycling in the first place, mountain biking. As i became old enough to ride a motorcycle on the streets i became fonder of the idea of trading pedal power to horsepower. Now that i own a motorcycle, looking at these pictures made me miss the summers of traveling to mountain towns every other weekend to race or just ride with buddies, even ride the local skate park after we got bored of class. This summer though i think ill try traveling on my bike to places ive never been before, it should work out pretty well :thumbsup:

anyways i thought id post up a few pics of earlier summers....

Image... Kamloops
Image.. Millennium Skate Park
Image...Panorama Image...Calgary @ COP March 5 :)

I know this is a motorcycling site but....atleast they both have two wheels :laughing:

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

ehhhh headache....who else likes waking up with a mad hangover? Bright side of waking up is its St. Pattys today so ill be doing it all over again :beer:

Weather is getting nicer so it looks like i will be able to ride for more than just one day at a time, ive been out a total of 3 times for 2009, which i consider to be an ok number considering the winter this year. Summer is on its way :jump:

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

I dropped my girlfriend off at the airport today, so on the downside i wont get to see her for a couple of days but..... on the upside she gave me her bmw for the weekend 8)

So i may just have to take a few extra drives down to the store if anyone gets what im saying haha. I would go riding however work has not permitted a ride longer than an hour a day before it gets dark.. yuck... Just as the weather is getting nice too

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Rode my bike to work this morning. Holy Crap it was nice outside, loads of other people out having a good time. Still had lots of gravel to contend with but hey, those are the breaks i guess. If i saw anyone on this forum..... Hello! and good to see you are as keen as i am.

On a bonus side my Restaurant GM gave me permission to park my bike out front beside the door. No more parking to contend with :D