- < TWO WHEELED WRECKS > -

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#121 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Way to make me jealous, whats worse is our local track is closing down next year!

Sweet videos by the way, your cbr sounds awesome higher up in the rpm.

P.S Whats all the tape for on the headlights? ive seen that in track day pictures before but ive never figured out what its all about.

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: two wheeled vehicle

#122 Unread post by wrecks »

P.S Whats all the tape for on the headlights? ive seen that in track day pictures before but ive never figured out what its all about.
Thanks for the comments. :notworthy:
The tape on the lights is for two things. (a Track worker can correct me if I'm wrong). 1. If crashing the glass will prevent most of the glass shards from going everywhere. 2. So as to hide the headlights (distracting?).
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 GSXR 600 (taken out by cager)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

Camping Trip

#123 Unread post by wrecks »

We went to Joshua Tree again this year. This time it was a bit different. For one thing we ran into a lot of bee's and field mice this time. We also got to see two huge tarantulas. The last two years we went we didn't run into any type of wild life other than coyotes howling in the distance. I also brought my little duel-sport xt225. That made a world of difference in fun. I got to explore the dirt roads that I haven't seen yet. There is still one dirt road I haven't finished. I'll get to it next time for sure.

Sunset @ our campsite.

From the planet "Tatooine". Just kidding, it looks like it. This is Geology Tour Road in Joshua Tree.

Fun little dirt road that lead to Baker Dam, Joshua Tree.

One of the big tarantulas we encountered.
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

2009 International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo Ca.

#124 Unread post by wrecks »

:D

Mission Motorcycle - Electric Sportbike.

Cool retro designs. Homage to Evil Knievel.

We did the The International Motorcycle Show @ San Mateo this weekend. I was a little disappointed because not all the manufactures were there. Missing was Aprillia, KTM, Husaberg, Bimotoa, the Korean brand Kymco, Triumph, and MV Agusta. One thing that stood out was the Ducati Hypermotard 796. Man, that thing looks so fun! I know the 796 has been out but this was the first time I got to see the thing up close. I still can't stand the side mirrors but thats nothing aftermarket mirrors cant fix. Another thing that stood out for you cruiser types was the 2k10 Honda fury. Up close and personal that thing looks like a custom. It does not look like anything Honda would put out. Another bike that Honda had was the VFR 1200. That hasn't been updated forever. It use to be a 800cc but now its got more meat and a crap load of new technology. Harley Davidson was in abundance. If you loved HD then you would of liked the turn out for HD in San Mateo. I saw the Ducati stunt team for the first time. They put on a couple of 5 minute shows. I remember one guy coming up to me and saying "man, its over wtf. It must of sucked!". Geez, tell me how many times can you watch the same wheelie, stoppie, and burnout? 5 Minutes is perfect for what they were doing. Mission Motorcycles was there too with their electric sportbike. The thing sounded like an RC when you twisted the throttle.

My cousin on a cruiser

My bro on the Ducati Hyper 796
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#125 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Great blog Wrecks. Keep it coming. Really liked the vids.

Cheers

Richard
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

thx

#126 Unread post by wrecks »

sv-wolf wrote:Great blog Wrecks. Keep it coming. Really liked the vids.

Cheers

Richard
Thanks Richard :notworthy:
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

Turkey Day Ride 2k9

#127 Unread post by wrecks »

Veej, Bella, & I went on a ride today. We took Hwy 35, 84, Stage Road, Hwy 1, Tunitas Creek Road, back to Hwy 35, Hwy 280 home. The weather was nice and sunny but there were parts of the ride that were wet. Mostly it came on Hwy 84. The little micro climates. Some shaded area's were actually icy or wet.

Veej & Bella

One of the interesting things I saw on the ride was this car. It was a 'Beemer'. This BMW was very unique as you can see in the pictures. The door opened the from the front of the car and I think it can only hold two people. It had 4 tires but the rear tires were very close together. Im sure that little thing has an awesome turn radius seeing how the tires are set up. : )

Another thing I've been thinking about what my last track day has done to my way of riding the twisties now. Im a lot more careful & fearful of the street. After getting off the track you realize how dangerous the public streets are. I mean you can't see through blind turns. Who knows whats coming, or what debris is lying on the ground, drunk drivers, people talking on their phones, etc. Hopefully, I'll be able to do a lot of track days next year.
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#128 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Hey there. That car's an Isetta. Steve Urckel drove on on whatever that show was.

Cool blog, keep it up!
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

My CBR

#129 Unread post by wrecks »

Here's a picture of my CBR 1000rr all dressed up.

cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

Rain...

#130 Unread post by wrecks »

MY XT @ Joshua Tree on a sunnier day.

Well its been raining for the past two weeks. Really bad at times. The gear Im wearing is the water proof A*'s boots, some snow board gloves, Arai - XD3 helmet, & a two piece rain suit. Under the rain suit im wearing a leather jacket and knee/shin armor under my pants. For the most part its working well. Not to bad. The only thing I should be looking into is getting a proper set of rain/waterproof gloves for riding a motorcycle. Everything is holding up well. At time's the rain suit leaks in various places because of the wear and tear on it. I've had the suit for two wet seasons now. The leaks aren't bad but water does seep in only when its raining very hard. I also have a one-piece rain suit but that thing is a hassle getting on & off. If you are going to get a rain suit get a two piece for sure. It's easier to take off, not to mention it's more modular - meaning that if you just need to wear the pants part of the suit and not the jacket then being a two piece makes that possible.
I've been using my XT225 for the rain which is perfect. That little bike is reliable and easy to maintain. The only thing it needs right now is a proper front fender for the rain. I was stupid and chopped mine off to make it look more supermoto'ish. I guess I'll have to go to the dealer and get a new fender sometime soon...
Last edited by wrecks on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm