The Road Not Taken

poet
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by poet »

128 miles

I finally got out to ride. After rainy weather and being sick I would have been happy to just ride, but wait there is more...

The weather was great so I took out my jacket liner. The visibility was great no Las Vegas smog/dust. I attached my new video camera to the bike, I added another strap with fishing line because I am unsure of the mount.

Rode over to Pahrump Nevada it felt so good I did not stop to look around just topped of the gas tank & came back with a detour around the Red Rock area. Then went to the Red Rock gambling to eat. Felt good and frisky so I wasted money in a slot machine, I won $135.

Got home attached the camera and NO videos :frusty:
Apparently if you don't record after some length of time it shuts off. :frusty:
Oh well... live and learn, at least the mount seemed to hold up fine.
http://www.fridgedoor.com/apblmaysunjo.html
-Apache Blessing

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." paraphrased different ways - Benjamin Franklin ... also Associated to Thomas Jefferson

poet

#22 Unread post by poet »

194 Miles

Went to Laughlin & ate at outback for lunch.
I got 1 still - less than a second of video this time.
Obviously I find riding my Shadow easier than operating a video camera.
It could be worse I could point it back at the engine.

Man semi's coming the other way on a 2 lane blacktop, ok it was not them so much as it was SO many of them... what are we reenacting the movie "White Line Fever"? I no like the turbulence.

Lots of dual sports out taking advantage of the fabulous weather today. riding from one OHV place to the other.

Speaking of good weather, that of course means the bugs are out. 1/3 of my windshield was yellow, but nothing on the helmet. I would have got a picture of one hitting the video camera... if I knew what I was doing and could operate it correctly.

It is now about time for the 8000 mile service for my bike. I was going to take it in tomorrow and then take a long trip to AZ the week of the 22.
But I said that before and canceled... sigh... we will see.
-Apache Blessing

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." paraphrased different ways - Benjamin Franklin ... also Associated to Thomas Jefferson

poet

#23 Unread post by poet »

I was going to leave Sunday for AZ but some nasty 1 day pressure system is bringing high wind warnings for the southwest.

So I am leaving tomorrow, Saturday, trying to outrun the wind.

My 8K mile service was fine the bike is in good shape, if only I was in such good shape. :mrgreen:

Hope I get the @#$#% video camera to actually work. I will turn it on towards Lake Havasu and Parker Dam.
-Apache Blessing

poet

#24 Unread post by poet »

440 miles

I went to Bouse AZ on Saturday 21st & saw my parents, sister, and her fiance. The wind was bad but it was worse Sunday so I am glad I left Saturday. I came back today Monday 23rd. The ride back was windy & colder... would have helped if I put my liner in my jacket but I manned up and made it through... {read=whined & shivered all the way}. Sorry all you Canadiens that are not riding yet :twisted:

In winds like that I think I need a little more power than my shadow 750cc has. We shall discuss with the boss about increasing my allowance. :lol:

I actually got some video of the ride. Not Cecil B. Demented but I will edit something together tomorrow. the vibration of the bike tends to loosen the the battery shutting the camera off. At least I know what is going on.
-Apache Blessing

poet

#25 Unread post by poet »

I should have rode today it was awesome weather. My wife is right I am crazy, but that is another topic. Well I got a video of the last ride done at least.

OK editing video is harder than it looks. :mrgreen:

My first try not edited well but I will get better. I am lucky I can work the camera.

http://community.motozania.com/_Parker- ... 29029.html
-Apache Blessing

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#26 Unread post by ceemes »

Good choice of music on the video, but be careful.....motorcycles + video cameras are a bad mix..........you could end up becoming one of those annoying people who vid their rides and then force your friends and family members to watch them......just like I do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Always ask why.

poet

#27 Unread post by poet »

ceemes wrote:Good choice of music on the video, but be careful.....motorcycles + video cameras are a bad mix..........you could end up becoming one of those annoying people who vid their rides and then force your friends and family members to watch them......just like I do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:oops: Too late the wife, a non-rider, has had to endure all the videos :lol:
As for the music I have... eclectic tastes.
-Apache Blessing

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#28 Unread post by ceemes »

poet wrote:
ceemes wrote:Good choice of music on the video, but be careful.....motorcycles + video cameras are a bad mix..........you could end up becoming one of those annoying people who vid their rides and then force your friends and family members to watch them......just like I do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:oops: Too late the wife, a non-rider, has had to endure all the videos :lol:
As for the music I have... eclectic tastes.
If you want to hear eclectic tastes in music or wish to drive your poor suffering wife even more around the twist, then check out my ride vids on You tube, just search for cms943. :))

yes, I am using your blog to shamelessly plug my videos
Always ask why.

poet

#29 Unread post by poet »

65 Miles

Rode out to Hoover Dam Saturday. I should have pictures up tonight. I have lived in Vegas now 16 years and have never been across it let alone walked around on it. If nothing else the bike has made me get out see where I live. :D

Picking Saturday may not have been wise but weekend warrior that I am not much choice. I have not been on the bike in more than a month. felt good and way too brief. I am trying to figure out ways to ride more without going on midnight rides. Work sucks.

Is there a benefactor who will subsidize my riding?... anyone... anyone

Sigh... that is what I thought.
-Apache Blessing

poet

#30 Unread post by poet »

I fixed broken links in earlier posts from when my server crashed and here are the pictures of Hoover Dam.

This shows the old waterline... :shock: I hope they have enough water for my bath.

-Apache Blessing