NWTrtle's blog

NWTrtle
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: dream

#21 Unread post by NWTrtle »

A couple of pictures of the bike in its new form.

Sorry about the quality, took these in the parking garage at work.
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Sold)
2008 Hyosung GV250 (now my wife's bike)
1992 Honda Nighthawk CB250 (Sold)
--Tim

NWTrtle

#22 Unread post by NWTrtle »

:frusty: So yesterday I rode the back roads from Olympia to Centralia which is just 24 miles south by freeway, approx 30 miles by the route I chose. The ride down was wonderful. Nice easy pace, no stress. Top speed of around 50 mph.

Well, my wife's agency was taking part in a softball tournament. My wife drove our motorhome down so we would have a place to escape between games and make lunch. After the games were done, we decided to go to motorcycle shop I bought my bike. Of course it started to rain on the ride and we took the freeway. First off, my jacket is NOT waterproof! The rain stung through the sleeves. Second, there is still something wrong with my bike. The backend of the bike did not feel right above 55 mph. I am not sure how to describe the feeling, but pre-crash, the bike was predictable and smooth and inspired confidence. Now, the bike is fine below 50 mph, but over just feels "weird" above 50 mph.

After checking out the motorcycle shop, we took the motorhome to walmart (don't normally shop there, but it was close) and bought a lightweight waterproof jacket that I was able to put on below my riding jacket. We went back and got the bike and I rode it to a dinner for the participants of the tournament. We left at dark and my wife took the motorhome via the freeway and I took the back roads again. Now I had the worry about the bike not feeling right and the dark with the unknown beyond the headlights. One positive is that the headlight I put on is much nicer than the stock light. I did make it home safe and sound with no problems from cagers or local wildlife.

Now I get to decide what to do about the bike. I will still be riding it for my around town errands and commute, but I don't feel like it is safe to ride down to Sport Touring NW this year. :frusty:
--Tim

NWTrtle

#23 Unread post by NWTrtle »

I have decided to sell the little Ninja. I don't feel confident on it and have almost no interest in riding it. So, it is now posted on Craigslist. We will see how that goes. Not sure what I will do once it sells. I am debating buying another bike or using the proceeds to fix up my 1975 Fiat 124 Spider. I may do some work on the car and then look at buying a new (to me) bike next spring.
--Tim

NWTrtle

#24 Unread post by NWTrtle »

Well, the Ninja has sold. A kid bought it to learn to ride on. He brought his older brother and a friend along so they could try it out and let him know if they thought it was a good deal. The brother rode it home.

Now I get to decide what to get next......
--Tim

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#25 Unread post by Wrider »

Hmmmm, is that a Ninja 650 I hear in the distance approaching? :laughing: Or maybe an FZ or something along those lines?
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

NWTrtle

#26 Unread post by NWTrtle »

Hey Wrider. I am really wanting something with more of a standard sitting position. A VStrom 650 or Versys would probably fit the bill best, but they are both nearly impossible to find! Thinking about trying out a KLR650 but not sure how much "off-road" riding I would ever really do.
--Tim

Skier

#27 Unread post by Skier »

Honda 599s have a standard seating position. :twisted:
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#28 Unread post by Wrider »

Yeah, that's why I suggested the FZ6, based on the R6 but more upright. Same with the Honda 599, the Suzuki GSX650F, and the Kawi Z750. All upright seating positions but based on sportbikes so they're fast and handle well... And if you want the ultimate bruiser standard, go for a B-King! :laughing:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

NWTrtle

#29 Unread post by NWTrtle »

Skier wrote:Honda 599s have a standard seating position. :twisted:
I would seriously look at a 599 if I could find one for sale! Honda dealer does not have them (sold their last one two months ago) and I can't find any used. Unless you are selling yours Skier :wink: ........I'll be in Pullman The weekend of October 18th. :laughing:
--Tim

NWTrtle

Re: NWTrtle's blog

#30 Unread post by NWTrtle »

Anyone still around remember me? It's been a VERY long time since I've been to the forum. Could not log on, and decided not to try all that hard. Life got in the way.

Sadly, I still have not replaced my Ninja. Getting ready to try to sell the Hyosung GV250 and hoping to put enough cash together with selling some other stuff, and a little savings, to buy something decent.
--Tim