MV's Motorcycle Repair Journal

motorbike.ventures
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

MV's Motorcycle Repair Journal

#1 Unread post by motorbike.ventures »

We enjoy buying damaged motorcycles and fixing them up. Since I thought a few people might be interested in what we do, as well as see the progress of our work, I decided to start this Journal. Hopefully people will find it interesting and useful!
Personal Bikes:
Suzuki DR 350
Suzuki Bandit 400

MV Bikes:
Honda Deauville
Honda Transalp
Honda CB 500

motorbike.ventures
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by motorbike.ventures »

We purchased a Suzuki Bandit 400 in Germany with the intention of fixing her up and selling her... but as soon as I saw her I fell in love and decided to keep her for myself! :)

It was quite an adventure going to Germany this time around. We passed through a huge wind storm. At one point we had to pull over the car for it was no longer safe to drive! After the storm passed (about 5 minutes) we continued our journey with fallen trees in the middle of the roads. We even passed one car that was completely flipped over by the wind! (It was carrying a most likely empty trailer).

But finally we made it and picked up my beauty :) She is a 1991, and was in an accident. Her front forks need fixing (one will have to be completely replaced, and when we take her apart we will see what other problems arise. But I look forward to working on her and eventually riding her!

I plan to start to take her apart this weekend so check back soon for more entries on how it goes!
Personal Bikes:
Suzuki DR 350
Suzuki Bandit 400

MV Bikes:
Honda Deauville
Honda Transalp
Honda CB 500

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

I'd like to find something like that to commute to work on. A small air-cooled bike with real good gas mileage for a daily 3 mile jaunt to work.

If you size your pictures to about 700 to 800 pixels wide I won't have to scroll to see and read your posts.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

motorbike.ventures
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by motorbike.ventures »

Yes, she is going to be my day trip bike :)

And thanks for the tip on the pic :)
Personal Bikes:
Suzuki DR 350
Suzuki Bandit 400

MV Bikes:
Honda Deauville
Honda Transalp
Honda CB 500

motorbike.ventures
Veteran
Veteran

#5 Unread post by motorbike.ventures »

Finally got some work done on the Suzuki!

Since the front forks were crooked, we took them off. One has to go to the shop for fixing, the other we are going to fix ourselves.

The cover on the front wheel was badly cracked, so we started to repair the plastic. Obviously we still need to sand it and then paint it. So far the shape looks great.

It is not much, but we got some work done. Now we are just waiting for the front fork and we will straighten the other and put them back on a see what else needs tuning :)
Personal Bikes:
Suzuki DR 350
Suzuki Bandit 400

MV Bikes:
Honda Deauville
Honda Transalp
Honda CB 500