csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

Re: Wrider's Scribblings

#101 Unread post by csspostal »

Fatten him up you can make yourself a new pair of boots for riding :)
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#102 Unread post by roscowgo »

Sorry bout the down wrider.

Good to see what my tansitions jacket will look like if I fall over with it on. You're right, hard to believe that jacket could get eaten like that.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#103 Unread post by Wrider »

Not your fault buddy :cheers: I actually bought that one after you recommended it on here years ago, so thank you!
Glad to see you're back!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#104 Unread post by roscowgo »

Glad it kept you from goin all cheese gratery :lol:

:drunk:

I really like the tourmaster folks. I recently emailed them about me being a goofus and breaking my zipper. They just up and sent me a new one.

I need to get some mesh gear though. Good grief is it hot in that big black thing.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#105 Unread post by Wrider »

So my Camry was valiantly attempting to spin a rod bearing, and it was getting worse and worse, especially with my driving style (as in the accelerator is an on/off switch). So at 170K I traded it in for a more practical vehicle for me.
I am now the proud owner of a 2001 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 with the 4.7L V8 and a 5 speed manual.
Now to pay this off and get working on a bike!
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#106 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Dodge Dakota? Never heard of that kind of bike before. Must be a Chinese knock off.
:devil:
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#107 Unread post by Wrider »

Hahaha aren't you quite the comedian! lol
Now even if I don't have a bike I can still haul bikes around. Does that count? Even just a little bit? Please?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#108 Unread post by Wrider »

Managed to stop driving it long enough to get some pictures tonight.
It's an 01 Dakota SLT 4x4 with the 4.7L V8 and the 5 speed manual and 83K on the clock. It does have the upgraded Infinity sound system and the Limited Slip Differential option, as well as 4-wheel ABS.
As far as I can tell it's bone stock ATM. It's got slightly taller than stock tires on it and that's about it.
Yes I know the thread is useless without pics so here goes!

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#109 Unread post by Wrider »

Well I finally got a Busa! Ok so that's just her name. We rescued a really young pup, and she bonded instantly with me, so I adopted her, and her name is Busa.
She's a Boxer, we're thinking about 8 months old. She's still got baby teeth but has had a litter.

Our neighbor's son was working at the local Sonic when a lady pulled into the parking lot and acted like she was gonna get out of the car. When she did Busa jumped out, the lady slammed her door and laid rubber getting out of the parking lot. Busa tried to catch her but couldn't. My neighbor caught the poor pup and brought her home as a rescue, but they already have three dogs, and knew we were looking for one so they brought her over. I was kinda hesitant, until I saw the poor girl. She came right up to me and started licking my hand and such. Took her home that night and haven't looked back!

She's got a really sweet personality, isn't aggressive except to other dogs apparently (mounted my dad's male dog haha) and gets along with other Boxers.
She's got a beautiful Brindle color to her, isn't quite full grown yet, and best of all, loves to ride in my truck with me!

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#110 Unread post by BuzZz »

Gotta love a brindle boxer. She looks like a sweetheart. Busa is a good name. Mine was named (not by me) Harley... another brindle blitch like yours. Sweet dog.

Be prepared for some vet bills. They are so strong they hurt themselves. My boxer used play tug-a-war so hard she would tear her neck muscles several times a year. But still a good natured old hound, gentle with kids, friendly as hell. She got cancer at 7 and I had to put her down. She's the reason I won't have another purebred. Mutts only for me from now on.... good genetic mix. Harley's health issues and early demise were too hard on the both of us.

Hopefully Busa won't share those problems. But whatever happens, she'll have a better life with you than with the shithag that pulled that sorryass drop-off stunt.
No Witnesses.... :shifty: