My thoughts on.............

AZRider
Elite
Elite

My thoughts on.............

#1 Unread post by AZRider »

Well, I have decided to try my fingers at a blog.
I hope to entertain you in a fashion comparable to some whos blogs I am a fan of, Such as Shorts, Noodle, awe58, and some bloggers that seem to have dropped off the face of the earth such as CNF2002 , Cam the Pyro, and Verm. (I hope nothing bad has happened to them.)
However I have the feeling Ill probably just bore you all to death with my sometimes psychotic babble.

I have been told I own this blog, but nobody has charged me anything for it.......yet. I suppose Ill have to drop some change soon and become a site supporter.

Since I own this blog does that mean I make up the rules for it? Ill be honest, I havent read any rules concerning blogs. Rules bore me. Id rather live on the edge.

I wonder if I can get banned from my blog.
If I own it, that makes me the moderator of my blog doesnt it? So can I edit posts in my bllog? Can I ban people from my blog?
If I can, I should probably just ban myself right now, and save us all some heartache. :laughing:

Well, thats all for now. Maybe Ill try to post something worthwhile tomorrow.
Later.
Kawi VN1600

I dont give a damn what the name on the bike is..........Just ride it.

AZRider: Never met a bike he didnt like.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

Sweet, I wanna see you try to get banned from your own blog :smoke:

aw58
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1997 kawasaki vn1500 d2 classic

#3 Unread post by aw58 »

Hi

Look forward to seeing into your world - hope it dryer than mine.

Ade

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#4 Unread post by ofblong »

dam I need to get on here more shorts has 1500 more posts than I do lol.

I was thinking of starting a blog as well but not sure what I would put in it. Maybe ill start out by putting pics of me changing out the chain and sprockets on my bike when I someday get around to doing it. Then I can have all the real mechanics on the board pick on me and tell me what I did wrong :laughing: . (I am an industrial mechanic which is nothing like an auto/moto mechanic).
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#5 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Cool...now I can pick on YOU in YOUR blog!! :laughing:
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by AZRider »

SLEEPING PILLS
So if 2 "help you relax and get the rest you need" then 6 ought to konk you out pretty good and quick, right?
Well apparently not.
So after getting about 3 hours sleep last night, after getting about 3 the night before, I was pretty tired today.
A pot of coffee and a Monster drink, and I was worn out after 6 hrs.
Hopefully Ill sleep better tonight.
Oh, no sleeping pills.
THE BIKE
O.K. I ride an 07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600. Love this bike. It is smooth on the road, but a "dog" to ride at slow speed. I think it has too much rake. Looks cool though. I did install a HD Batwing fairing, HD Roadglide handlebars, Tsukaya hardbags, and roadhouse dooleys

Ill try to get a better pic later, without the Ppad and sissybar.
THE RIDE
Mostly I use this bike to commute. I have about a 30 mile round trip.
I do get in the occasional weekend ride, but mostly I use it as my primary mode of transportation.
TODAYS RIDE
How hard are you hammering on it to keep up with me while accelerating?
Seriously, I know I dont ride a literbike, but my bike will out accelerate almost any car on the road. I can definitely outrun your sedan. What do you think your doing?
Hit some rain on the way home. Almost made it home too. Oh well, thats one of the reasons I installed the fairing.
I know, not to terribly exciting is it. About 15 miles of straight road.
Last edited by AZRider on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kawi VN1600

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#7 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

That's a nice-looking Chevelle back there. 2nd transportation, or project car?
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

aw58
My Motorcycle: 1997 kawasaki vn1500 d2 classic

#8 Unread post by aw58 »

Like the alloys - would like to change the spokes on the VN 1500 when cash allows. The grips are nice too. But think I'll stick to a highway screen. I understand you loving your VN.
Ade

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by AZRider »

THE CHEVELLE
The story on the velle goes like this.
I bought the car 2 1/2 years ago. It was to be my everyday driver, while I was fixing it up. It had been restored before, but not very well. Well, everything costs 400 dollars. No matter what I do, its 400 dollars. So, the car has been sitting for almost 2 years, after I found out the heater didnt work, and I needed to fix it to get defrost. So while I had the dash torn apart I decided to put in a quick ratio steering box. The quick ratio is in, but I replaced the pump with a high flow pump. I dont like it, so I need to replace THAT with a stock pump. I replaced the entire steering linkage, but need to get it aligned.
The car does run. Every once in awhile I will go out and fire it up and drive it around the block. Sometimes I need to jump start it, but it fires right up every time.
Its a 72, has a 350, and an auto.
The car is for sale, kinda. Ive been selling it for a year, problem is I havnt washed it, nor have I advertised it. I dont really want to sell it, but I really need to. Ill explain that as time goes on.
THE BIKE
I like the alloys to. I wanted one with them so I could make roadside repairs easier in case of flats. I carry around a large can of fix a flat. We have terribly garbagey roads in AZ. Mexicans dont get the concept of proper load securement, so screws, nails, paint, ladders, bags of redimix, etc. etc. are always falling out of the backs of there P/Us onto the roads.
I had a windsheild, but after testriding a HD Streetglide I realized how much better the protection from a fairing is. Again, things from the road flying up at you, also we have big stingy bugs in AZ. I hate em, specially when I get hit by them at 70+/-
THE RIDE
Well, nothing exciting today. I enjoy the ride to work, its cool out. Makes for an enjoyable ride. The ride home is kinda rough. Hot sux. (Another reason for the fairing) Its a dry heat. Go fack yourself. Its like riding in a blast furnace.
I did stop in the overpriced Chevron by the freeway and got 2$ worth of gas on the way home. My light came on,on the way to work, and I havnt run the bike completely dry yet. Went 208 miles on this tank. Im averaging between 37 and 42 mpg, depends on how hard I twist the throttle.
Tonight we are riding down to Phoenix.
I suppose you have all heard about the 2 news helicopters that crashed into each other a few weeks back.
Well there is going to be a memorial bike ride, and some of the local news celebrities ride and are putting it on. Its not going to be a long ride, really, but there will be allot of bikes. Should be a heck of a Parade.
The wife wants to go, so well head down tonight, spend the night in a motel( got a room booked at the Radison. wooo) Go on the ride tomorrow, then ride home in 100+ degree temps :laughing: Should be fun :roll:
Ill let ya know how it goes.
My luck, Ill be riding in thunderstorms all the way down tonight :laughing: It is monsoons.
The wife is taking the camera, so Ill try and throw up some pics if I can.
Better go wash the bike.
Later
Kawi VN1600

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by AZRider »

THE RIDE
A pictures worth a thousand words
ImageImage
Thats alot of bikes
ImageImage
Some local celebrities. The guy in the top pic pointing is the guy that was responsible for putting it together. Morning news guy Scott Pasmore
The guy in the second photo is the weatherman, Royal Norman. The chick iis the evening news anchor, Patty Kirkpatrick.
The cartoon character looking guy in the bottom pick is Investigative reporter Mike Watkis. Hes the one responsible for all the problems LDS fundamentalist leader Warren Jeffs is having right now.
ImageImage
Some cool bikes
Scott rode this one. It belongs to a local phoenix heart doctor. Scott has his own Paul Yaffe bike, but the doctor wanted him to ride this one.
Ive seen this one on T.V. being built, but cannot remember what show.
The orange on sitting next to it belongs to the Suns mascot gorilla guy, I think. I should have gotten a better pic of it.
Thank you Arizona Bikers.
The guy on stage in the pink hat is the main 3tv helicopter pilot, Bruce Hafner. The 3tv pilot that died in the crash,Scott Bowerbank, actually taught Bruce to fly. They were best freinds. Scott was covering for Bruce when the accident happened. How would you like to live with that one?
Bruce rode Scotts bike in the ride. I think he learned to ride just for this. I didnt get a pic of it, but Scott rode a sportbike.

All in all it was a good time. We rode down Fri. night and stayed in a nice hotel. The ride started at 9. After the ride we did a little shopping. By the time we left for home it was around 107* (Is that sunny enough for you Ade?) :laughing:
We wetted our shirts down twice on the way home. The bike handled it all flawlessly, as usual. 230 miles total.
Thats all for now.
Peace out.
Kawi VN1600