My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#21 Unread post by sunshine229 »

More pics from Drumheller trip:

Andrea :sun:

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

Something sexy 'bout a woman changing her own oil.. ;)

#22 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Date: Saturday, August 11th, 2007 (after the Drumheller trip)

Time for the next oil change! Call me crazy, but after seeing the oil on 50 km's I wanted to change it again. So I did and the oil was seriously dirty...again...

sunshine229

#23 Unread post by sunshine229 »

RideYourRide wrote:If you go back and reread the Mototune break in procedure you'll see that you do it with disregard for the manufacturer's easy break in rpm limits, which by definition are useless "crumb" (unless you subscribe to the easy break in theory, which you obviously don't). Following the RPM limits AND using the Mototune method is completely redundant, conflicting, and pointless. You would have been better off to warm it up, pull out of the dealership, and shift it into second and hold it on the stops from 2 grand to 10.

Unlucky no one could clear up that confusion for you before you spent all that time puttering around under 4k rpm.
Hey Ride - you're not allowed to be mean to me in my own blog! :evil:

I actually do believe the engineers of the motorcycle know something about the bike, so when they say keep the bike under 4,000 RPM I listen. That being said, I also believe that a bike needs to be accelerated & decelerated hard to seal the rings so I do a combo method. Accel/decel hard up to 4,000 RPM max until 800 km's of travel, then up to 6,000 max.

I am doing what I think is best for the life of my engine and am not forcing my opinion on anyone. I see your opinion is different than mine and I can appreciate that.

Thanks for reading my blog!

Andrea :)

sunshine229

#24 Unread post by sunshine229 »

It's been a while since I've posted but that's because the winter around here keeps the bike in the garage for a LONG time. I still go out and sit on her once and a while but it's just not the same!

I am just DYING to go for a ride now that the weather is fabulous...but I can't just yet. I am still recovering from an accident that happened in March where I was a pedestrian hit by a car in a crosswalk! The damage was severe to my right hand/wrist/arm and back, neck, shoulder. I am patiently waiting to have full strength in my right hand but it's just not there. I could probably handle a very short ride (and I just might be tempted to do so this weekend with the weather at 30°C!) but I certainly can't go far.

This sucks and I'm bummed.

On a lighter note, my baby grew up this winter and she is now wearing a bra. :wink: I'll post a picture once I get her out of the garage - it looks great on!

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#25 Unread post by High_Side »

sunshine229 wrote: On a lighter note, my baby grew up this winter and is now wearing a bra. :wink:
First I catch Mike in his mid-day leasure suit and now he's wearing a bra????? Snikeys! :P

Hope you heal soon Andrea, we need you back out on the road. We are lucky as it could have been much worse!

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#26 Unread post by blues2cruise »

What's been happening? No rides to report? I was hoping to see a pic of all the washers and dryers. :laughing: